The Tyler Bray thread (merged)

We had a better run game. We rushed for a boat load versus the Dawgs. We were close to 100 against Bammer. We were average enough that teams had to respect it.

You said we had one of the better run teams which is totally false. You said average when someone proved you wrong with stats. My point is, for you to originally think we had one of the better run teams in the SEC and then change your mind minutes later and say average tells me you didn't watch much.

You said we had one of the better run teams which is totally false. You said average when someone proved you wrong with stats. My point is, for you to originally think we had one of the better run teams in the SEC and then change your mind minutes later and say average tells me you didn't watch much.

In a argument, everyone exaggerates to win their argument. I admitted I was wrong. You cannot deny that we were improved.

Also, can you create a scenario that a three year qb could not check off at all. Not many second year qbs that aren't given some checks. Must be all that hard work he put into his craft.

Smokey, can we agree on these 4 things?

1.Bray is the most talented QB on the hill since Manning.

2. Bray has the talent to be an NFL starting QB

3. Bray lost many games due to some of the worst defenses on the hill in 100 years

4. Bray has to get it together between the ears to be successful (which i believe is possible)

I don't think any of these are unreasonable

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
In a argument, everyone exaggerates to win their argument. I admitted I was wrong. You cannot deny that we were improved.

Also, can you create a scenario that a three year qb could not check off at all. Not many second year qbs that aren't given some checks. Must be all that hard work he put into his craft.

What? He checked at the line a lot.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Man I appreciate it, bro. Run away and keep defending all the great things Bray did for us.

Man could you imagine what our record would have been last year with Worley starting. Not to mention the blowout loses and how boring our season would have been.

Reactions: 1 person
What? He checked at the line a lot.

Coach Dooley was asked mid season about it. He said that Bray did not check and was not given that responsibility. He was asked why, in response he said it was because he wanted Bray to just play and not think. So, no he did not check off.

Indirectly comparing Bray to Lebron James is like comparing Tito Jackson to Michael Jackson.

Hahaha that's pretty funny. I was just trying to compare the comparisons not Bray to James at all. I don't think Manning should even be compared to Jordan either.

The offense averaged over 36 points a game thanks to a PASSING attack with a mediocre run game. If our defense was just a little better, not a lot, we would have beat UGA, USC, Miss St, and Mizz. The Vandy game, there was clearly issues between Tyler and Dooley and Tyler just said f*** it, I'm done, and surprise surprise...Dools was gone after that game. If you think Tyler is to blame for our losses and not the defense, again you do not watch UT football.

3. Bray lost many games due to some of the worst defenses on the hill in 100 years

4. Bray has to get it together between the ears to be successful (which i believe is possible)

I agree with you. Ainge would be in the convo, but I do agree with you.

Coach Dooley was asked mid season about it. He said that Bray did not check and was not given that responsibility. He was asked why, in response he said it was because he wanted Bray to just play and not think. So, no he did not check off.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. I watched him in person in EVERY GAME home and road. I saw him check out of plays a LOT.

I guess in Dooley's Monday presser he just lied. I'm assuming you didn't listen to his press conferences. I'm right and you're not. Hyams made a huge deal out this every week.

Sorry, I tend to exaggerate in conversations online.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, so you didn't see Tyler not checking at the line with your eyes, Dooley told you so. The final proof that you have never seen a UT game.

I guess in Dooley's Monday presser he just lied. I'm assuming you didn't listen to his press conferences. I'm right and you're not. Hyams made a huge deal out this every week.

Like you Dooley must not know what a damned check is. Not surprised. Against NCstate the corner cheated up and Bray checked the play and hit Zach Rodgers for a TD you damned fool.

You are truly an idiot. I watched him in person in EVERY GAME home and road. I saw him check out of plays a LOT.

You can't listen to K-Ville sports talk at all. Or Nashville's for that matter because Hyams is on there twice a week. He made a huge deal out of it all season. Dooley said himsel that he did not. The head coach said he did not check. Why argue? I can admit when I'm wrong. Calm down, just because a qb moves around before the snap doesn't mean he checks. When a qb points his finger before the play he is callin out who the Mike backer is so they can set the oline blocking scheme.

Like you Dooley must not know what a damned check is. Not surprised. Against NCstate the corner cheated up and Bray checked the play and hit Zach Rodgers for a TD you damned fool.

A hot route is not a check. It must be seen by WR and qb. Not a check its a read.

You can't listen to K-Ville sports talk at all. Or Nashville's for that matter because Hyams is on there twice a week. He made a huge deal out of it all season. Dooley said himsel that he did not. The head coach said he did not check. Why argue? I can admit when I'm wrong. Calm down, just because a qb moves around before the snap doesn't mean he checks. When a qb points his finger before the play he is callin out who the Mike backer is so they can set the oline blocking scheme.

Dude, that hole you're digging is getting deeper. Illchay on the upiditystay!

1. Ainge and the Ice Man both were better qb's.

2. Agree

3. True but he also lost games due to poor decision making on his part.

4. It is possible but doubtful.

Side note: How overrated was Amerson? All we heard about leading up to the game was how amazing he was, yet every big play we had was him getting torched.

Sorry, back to our regular scheduled programming.

VN Store

Back