The Tyler Bray thread (merged)

Around the 3rd like the kid out of Arky a few years back. They remind me a lot of each other.

Has the talent to move into the 1st or 2nd though, and I wouldn't be shocked. NFL scouts love a big arm.

Big arm....small heart....short on leadership skills....long ways to go to be a "franchise" player. Jmo!

Last edited:
Same could be said about Jamarcus Russell, but we all know where he was drafted.

Very good point. I think Russell had a much better college resume than Bray though. I think that's one of the reasons he bolted to the top of the boards. Such a waste though.

If he could master the mental part of playing QB he would be a top 10 pick no problem.Since he is a head case maybe late 4th round to early 5th round in my opinion.

^^ and by the way BJ Coleman is still in the league..... What was that 3 years go when he left Tennessee for UTC?

Tough call. QB's are in demand but the current crop is below average. Maybe AZ, KC or Bills take a chance on him early in the 2nd round because they have to. He has the most potential of any this year, but he needs to do the little things more. Study films, etc. I would go with Tyler Wilson or maybe that guy from Syracuse who is suppose to be very good first.

Can you read? I said the worst HEAD coach. And structure and leadership starts with the HC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yes, I can read.

Bray's problems were from the neck up (and in my opinion, had nothing to do with Dooley). That is the worst kind of problem to have for a qb in the NFL.

Now, do you see him leading a team full of grown assed men in a professional football game? Or do you see him *****ing and pouting like he did when he was here? Curious.

He has lots of talent, but is lacking in the mental toughness.

I'm guessing 5th round or later.

Yes, I can read.

Bray's problems were from the neck up (and in my opinion, had nothing to do with Dooley). That is the worst kind of problem to have for a qb in the NFL.

Now, do you see him leading a team full of grown assed men in a professional football game? Or do you see him *****ing and pouting like he did when he was here? Curious.

Like I said, leadership and structure starts at the top. It will be interesting to watch him with proper ledership. Players take on the mentality of their head coach at all levels of the game. Ask your self how well did Randy Moss act when he was at New England? The Head coach matters and is the most important cog in the wheel.

How did Randy Moss do before New England? And the best thing in New England for Moss was Tom Brady. I just cant see how Dooley kept Bray from being all he could have been. Guess that would mean that by your "logic", Eric Berry took on Fulmer's mentality? Or was it Kiffin's?

How did Randy Moss do before New England? And the best thing in New England for Moss was Tom Brady. I just cant see how Dooley kept Bray from being all he could have been. Guess that would mean that by your "logic", Eric Berry took on Fulmer's mentality? Or was it Kiffin's?

Hey, you're right skippy. The head coach means nothing... BB had NO impact at all on Moss while he was in NE...

And you're spot on. Dooley is every bit the coach Fulmer was...

As we have seen as fans of T. Bray has allot of talent, I’m sure he will be more mature than what he showed at UT. Above all he is a good kid and should be better in the NFL than College, I wish him luck and GO VOLS.

Reactions: 1 person
I say 4th or 5th but I wouldn't be shocked if he is first round...the combine isn't going to help him get higher ether...what hurts him is discipline and not winning

Reactions: 1 person
I was hoping the cowboys would get him in the 3rd or 4th but with dooley there not a chance

Kiper has Bray the 5th best QB in the draft. He also said no QB' s will go in the 1st round

VN Store

Back