The Tyler Bray thread (merged)

i would hate to be the GM that has to decide whether or not to sink millions into Bray. there are so many question marks surrounding him. it will be interesting to see if his development in the league.

I can't think of a better situation for Bray than to get drafted by New England and get his head straightened out by Belichick while backing up Brady for a few years. Otherwise, I don't expect him to have anything near a long career in the NFL. But yes, he will get drafted because the NFL is starved for QBs and his size and arm strength are very similar to Joe Flacco.

You're making the same mistake I did. According to Pimpvol head coaches have no impact on players.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I can't think of a better situation for Bray than to get drafted by New England and get his head straightened out by Belichick while backing up Brady for a few years. Otherwise, I don't expect him to have anything near a long career in the NFL. But yes, he will get drafted because the NFL is starved for QBs and his size and arm strength are very similar to Joe Flacco.

With Flacco being in a contract year and most likely having at least 5 more years with the team, that might make sense for them to draft him as he wouldn't need to start for a while barring an injury. Plus, working with a Harbough could be the best thing that could happen to him from a coaching standpoint.

With Flacco being in a contract year and most likely having at least 5 more years with the team, that might make sense for them to draft him as he wouldn't need to start for a while barring an injury. Plus, working with a Harbough could be the best thing that could happen to him from a coaching standpoint.

Coaching doesn't matter. Just ask Pimpvol and his fellow "Bray has no chance" minions.

If coaching did not matter, they would not have them. Bray and his "devil may care attitude" did not take advantage of Chaney and his extensive knowledge of offensive football. Boy was still looking to the sideline to get an audible this year (as a damn junior). Casey Clausen checked out of a run to a pass in his first start (against Bama in 2000) and hit Cedrick Wilson for a td. Bray's dedication to improvement is SORELY LACKING. He thinks he is "great" already, which has been others downfall before him. Why will it be different for Bray? I do not see the personal commitment from Bray. Maybe he will change once he gets on a pro roster, who knows. Best of luck to ALL college kids trying to make it in the world.

He clearly has a chance, to suggest otherwise is folly. But he had a "chance" at UT, and squandered it with a terrible attitude and poor work ethic. Unless you want to talk Georgia St or Akron.

Bad at what? :unsure:

I would guess he meant bad at trying to keep up with the scoring the other teams did against us.

I personally still believe it was bad coaching myself. Do we still need some tweaks and shuffling around on defense. Yes. But there were way too many people out of position on way too regular of a basis for it to be thrown completely on those young mens shoulders. JMO, but I can't see where they could have possibly been coached properly in practice.

With our "dynamic" and "explosive" offense, couldn't one argue that we should have been the ones ahead early on in games? And if so, why were we not?

Keep reading all these articles that the qb class is weak and there might be none drafted in the first round. I'm not seeing Bray's name mentioned - any thoughts on what round he'll go?

1st round pick and 1st QB taken, at least that's what a lot of people on this board claimed last year.

The only thing scarier than your statement, is that two people liked it.
I am not sure of Bray's draft status, because I think that he is a project......a talent, but a project. I did predict that Casey Clausen wouldn't be drafted. Bray......it depends on who needs what, and how bad.

Reactions: 1 person
I am not sure of Bray's draft status, because I think that he is a project......a talent, but a project. I did predict that Casey Clausen wouldn't be drafted. Bray......it depends on who needs what, and how bad.

I don't recall people thinking Casey would get drafted.

VN Store

Back