The Virginia Gov race

Of course I see her point. It's blatantly obvious.
You are rarely going to get the vote of someone you piss off.
It's a trade off.
Sometimes not saying the things that need to be said piss off the other group that are already on your side.

It's like when trump had such a hard time denouncing white nationalists. He didn't want to lose their vote, but when he realized he would lose even more votes by not speaking up, he spoke up.....being the man of character that he was.
Holy hell - where'd the goal post go?

None of that has flying coital-event to do with the fact you stated Trump had a problem denouncing racist groups/dogma when he had already done so three dozen times. It's a lie that Biden not only launched his candidacy on, but that leftist media, politicians repeated thousands of times.

I'm trying to take a knee here and not run up the score. Just say "Thanks, I'm cured" and let the game end.
Let me help you off the ground.
You even added the bold to my post- lol.
Read it slowly. Maybe you should read it again.
Now read the sentence after the bold.
Are you able to narrow in on the time frame?
What he said years before, weeks before, or days after, has nothing to do with the point of my post.

I think you experienced the proverbial swing and a miss - you thought you were seeing one pitch while being totally fooled by another (to stick with your sports analogies).

As I've said before, you have an awful lot of nerve wanting your kids' teachers to get off their butts and do actual work rather than simply giving the exact same tests to their students for the rest of their careers.
Which tests should be viewable by parents at home and which should not? Who should decide?

I saw that and surmise that as long as you're thinking 2+2=5, that facts are subjective and subordinate.

Well, 2+2 can equal 5, it's just not something you get around to until graduate mathematical theory and mess around in different Base systems.
Again, you're either lying or actually that obtuse. The two largest teachers' unions have pledged to fight for CRT curricula tooth & nail, and MN & VA DoE specifically advocate it; I'm sure there are many others.

The thing about AFT and NEA are that they are democratically run organizations, with policy decisions coming from the floor of their conventions. It's the most die hard of teachers that take the time to run for office so they can attend the conventions.

For most of us in the locals, we joined for the legal protection and bargaining assistance. We'd go to the state convention for the fellowship and to actually talk with people at the Capital face to face in a low key non protest setting (They're nice when you're not yelling at them or threatening them). That's where my participation ended; I was being groomed for much greater involvement but backed off to focus on my band program.

The national associations can turn around and be far less crazy, but it's going to take the level headed rank and file to be tired enough of the crazies to actually run themselves.

Let me help you off the ground.
You even added the bold to my post- lol.
Read it slowly. Maybe you should read it again.
Now read the sentence after the bold.
Are you able to narrow in on the time frame?
What he said years before, weeks before, or days after, has nothing to do with the point of my post.

I think you experienced the proverbial swing and a miss - you thought you were seeing one pitch while being totally fooled by another (to stick with your sports analogies).

No, you're telling me how you choose to characterize it. I think he was taken aback and exasperated after having answered the question dozens of times, being ambushed by a 'moderator' to whom he had already answered the question in a prior interview.

The question was profusely answered well before debate and had no place there. Further, you chose to characterize it as Trump not wanting to - suddenly, I guess - alienate white supremacist voters after spending years doing so.

Good grief, man, own the silly shite tumbling out of your head.

Are they under legal embargo? If no, then absolutely.
Not sure. They would have to be rewritten every year - and it was a grueling process.
Also, they would not be able to be released until each school in the district had administered the test to all students - which could be weeks after some had taken the test.

Not sure. They would have to be rewritten every year - and it was a grueling process.
Also, they would not be able to be released until each school in the district had administered the test to all students - which could be weeks after some had taken the test.

If that's the case, then parents should be able to see the tests in person in the building.

It's like me having a band concert and not letting anyone in the auditorium because they might record the concert.

Reactions: hog88 and NCFisher
The Most Important Election Results You Missed

A series of under-the-radar local races signal where the country is really headed.

The War on Drugs Continues to Crumble

The Biden administration is stalling changes to how the federal government approaches drugs, even marijuana, but voters are on a different plane. In Detroit on Tuesday, voters passed an initiative that decriminalizes the possession of psychedelics by a large margin, 61 to 39 percent.

District attorneys are also finding political success in embracing this stance. Victorious prosecutor candidates in Manhattan, Philadelphia and Norfolk, Virginia, ran on getting criminal courts out of drug laws to a greater extent than they have in the past, or at least deescalating these laws’ enforcement.

Marijuana was on the ballot too this week. A string of Ohio towns decriminalized it within their borders and drastically lowered possible penalties. They were not in a position to outright legalize marijuana since that would take statewide action, but the victories could speed up such reform. Last month, in this Republican-run state, two GOP lawmakers filed a bill to legalize marijuana.

The Minimum Wage Gets a Bump in Arizona

Sen. Krysten Sinema’s theatrical thumbs-down helped doom an increase in the federal minimum wage in March. Now voters in Tucson, the state’s second biggest city and a key base for Democratic candidates, took matters into their own hands.

By a 65 to 35 percent vote, they approved an initiative to increase the minimum wage to $15 by 2025. The measure was placed on the ballot by local organizations who say it will apply to 85,000 workers.

Local Courts Become the Next Frontier in Criminal Justice Reform

Court systems across the country are labyrinthine and opaque, with little attention typically paid toward the powerful local judges who wield great sway in deciding who sits in jail, who to evict and how harsh to make bail.

This year, in Pennsylvania’s Allegheny County (home to Pittsburgh), progressive groups made a concerted effort to change that. They promoted a slate of eight candidates for the county’s Court of Common Pleas, which handles criminal matters; the candidates vowed to use their discretion to shorten prison sentences and reduce pretrial detention.

Five of the candidates on this progressive slate prevailed in the Democratic primary in May, and all five won the general election on Tuesday and are headed for the bench.

Are you accusing parents of having a black market of tests?

No, you're telling me how you choose to characterize it. I think he was taken aback and exasperated after having answered the question dozens of times, being ambushed by a 'moderator' to whom he had already answered the question in a prior interview.

The question was profusely answered well before debate and had no place there. Further, you chose to characterize it as Trump not wanting to - suddenly, I guess - alienate white supremacist voters after spending years doing so.

Good grief, man, own the silly shite tumbling out of your head.
I accept your apology.
Next time watch the angle of the arm, the ball leaving the hand, and try to pick up on the spin.

Then close your eyes and swing away!!

A series of under-the-radar local races signal where the country is really headed.

The War on Drugs Continues to Crumble

The Biden administration is stalling changes to how the federal government approaches drugs, even marijuana, but voters are on a different plane. In Detroit on Tuesday, voters passed an initiative that decriminalizes the possession of psychedelics by a large margin, 61 to 39 percent.

Meh. Shrooms don't work work well, if at all, if you're on SSRI medication. You can legally buy the spores on Amazon.

The originator of LSD has been dead for a while, so I wouldn't trust anything out there in that vein right now to be high quality or even not hazardous.

If that's the case, then parents should be able to see the tests in person in the building.

It's like me having a band concert and not letting anyone in the auditorium because they might record the concert.
That would be allowed.

Are you accusing parents of having a black market of tests?
No. I'm accusing kids of photographing the test and sending it to friends or posting on line. It's done all of the time.

It's even done during tests. if the students are not being carefully monitored.

It's the whole "it ain't cheating if you can don't get caught" concept that has permeated our society.

Last edited:
No. I'm accusing kids of photographing the test and sending it to friends or posting on line. It's done all of the time.

It's even done during tests. if the students are not being carefully monitored.

It's the whole "it ain't cheating if you can don't get caught" concept that has permeated our society.
...or as I already suggested, teachers can get off their butts and change the tests. This isn't a new issue. Teachers are just lazier now.

Well, 2+2 can equal 5, it's just not something you get around to until graduate mathematical theory and mess around in different Base systems.

The thing about AFT and NEA are that they are democratically run organizations, with policy decisions coming from the floor of their conventions. It's the most die hard of teachers that take the time to run for office so they can attend the conventions.

For most of us in the locals, we joined for the legal protection and bargaining assistance. We'd go to the state convention for the fellowship and to actually talk with people at the Capital face to face in a low key non protest setting (They're nice when you're not yelling at them or threatening them). That's where my participation ended; I was being groomed for much greater involvement but backed off to focus on my band program.

The national associations can turn around and be far less crazy, but it's going to take the level headed rank and file to be tired enough of the crazies to actually run themselves and the continued, unrelenting participation of parents insisting they own their children.

Okay, go to your bank and tell them the two $2K deposits you made should mean you've $5K in the account. Or the person you owe $500 to that your two $200 payments fulfill the contract.

It angers me deeply when parents, who've seen what is going on firsthand, are painted as domestic terrorists and dogs responding to racist whistles. And that the people espousing such vileness in our education system, are taken at face value and the coercion of the DOJ and FBI levied against them.

I've commented that I'm not ready to concede the majority of teachers are uninterested in producing rational, conscientious people, but that I've no proof they aren't a majority either; at some point, decades of academe leftism and winnowing tips that scale. I've added a comment to your last sentence since the educational non-crazy have been pretty powerless thus far. If there are anecdotal missteps by parents along the way, it doesn't detract that in the main, they are right.

...or as I already suggested, teachers can get off their butts and change the tests. This isn't a new issue. Teachers are just lazier now.
That's just not true. Many test can be shared, some cannot. It's always been that way. You never saw a copy of the ITBS, SAT, or ACT. You never saw copies of AP tests.

But there are things we have to be able to talk about that do require extreme care and a very gentle, practiced touch. Students do notice disparities caused by property tax based school funding want want to know how caring adults can allow such significant differences in opportunities to occur. Gentrification and the forced exit of long time minority populations as as result of rising property tax bills their jobs can't keep up with is another.

Kids are sharper and notice more than we give them credit for.
I’m calling bs on this as I don’t believe even 1% of hs and under students know how the funding works for their school system. I also don’t think the sit around lamenting inequitable property tax application is behind forced relocation of minorities, especially since I don’t believe that either. Property tax valuations are based on comps in the area. Whenever new development moves into an area the surrounding properties will appreciate in value. Rising tide lifts all boats

That's just not true. Many test can be shared, some cannot. It's always been that way. You never saw a copy of the ITBS, SAT, or ACT. You never saw copies of AP tests.
That's not what McDad is requesting. His kids' school is telling him that he can't receive originals or copies of everyday course work and class tests his kids have taken. He wants to review the materials with his kids to help them learn from their mistakes. This is a truly radical concept of being a great father. The teachers and the school administrators are refusing because if the materials leave the classroom the teacher would have to actually change the tests (perform work) rather than simply give the exact same tests every year.

I literally studied tests built exactly on copies of the SAT, ACT, and AP tests. For AP especially we took past tests and DBQs in class to prep.

It's fascinating how quickly these people allow their brain to be switched. Or maybe that's a sign they don't have a brain at all?

It is a sign they really do not think for themselves.

There is a funny video of Campus Reform going around Florida's campus on a game day and asking various groups of students if they support racial quotas in order to achieve "equity." Probably a half-dozen or so. All were adamantly in favor of quotas for admissions to achieve equity, no big surprise.

Then they were asked if they then support racial quotas for the football team. LOL! The pivot of every single one to being in favor of competency hierarchies almost made one's head spin! They even said they need to rethink their stance on admissions quotas, because, as one put it, "I really hadn't thought it through."

It's a more serious question than the one it was in response too. Sometimes the best answer to a stupid question is another stupid question. It highlights the original stupidity. I see that is lost on some.

It’s because the looney left cherry picks where to start and stop their stupid talking points. Was slavery/racism bad from 1776 forward or centuries before that when people were selling and enslaving their own people? As bad as whitey is we they seemed to make greater advancements than any other culture.

VN Store

Back