The Virginia Gov race

So Northam entered the "just let it go" phase of his mistake long ago.

I don't know. Where did Kavanaugh stand when they drug him in the mud over something that "happen" in what 84? Or are we picking political sides?

for the record I think Kavanaugh has been a weak justice.

I don't know. Where did Kavanaugh stand when they drug him in the mud over something that "happen" in what 84? Or are we picking political sides?

That's a quality point and important to discuss as well. I can tell you that I am nowhere near the person I was in my undergrad. I made some very serious and dangerous mistakes back then; they aren't the type that would cause me difficulty now, but they would be annoying as hell to deal with again.

There are things people can do that they can never come back from. Northam and Kavanaugh aren't on that list.

That hearing display was such weak sauce. Decades ago at a party....Pathetic

Well I mean he was like the lowest of the low right? No proof, joke of hearing, I mean that's 100% American right there.

Not like he did a mild act of being in a real racist photo or anything that shouldn't be talked about and just let go.

That's a quality point and important to discuss as well. I can tell you that I am nowhere near the person I was in my undergrad. I made some very serious and dangerous mistakes back then; they aren't the type that would cause me difficulty now, but they would be annoying as hell to deal with again.

There are things people can do that they can never come back from. Northam and Kavanaugh aren't on that list.

Welcome to politics. Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Do I agree? To a point. I could never go into politics with the stuff I'm sure could be dug up on me. It however is done by both sides and its not going away.
From here on out both sides will dig up every dirty sock. Maybe it will make people act better or maybe it won't. Both side are leaning on a ledge that is a point of no return.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Welcome to politics. Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Do I agree? To a point. I could never go into politics with the stuff I'm sure could be dug up on me. It however is done by both sides and its not going away.
From here on out both sides will dig up every dirty sock. Maybe it will make people act better or maybe it won't. Both side are leaning on a ledge that is a point of no return.

Too think it is not going on with active Congress members would be naive as well IMO.. dossiers from hell

So Northam entered the "just let it go" phase of his mistake long ago.

Get ready I’m about to bring in the whataboutism here but it’s more of a fact if we are honest with ourselves … There’s not a single white conservative, or Republican politician walking the earth that could continue his political career after a picture surfaced with him either wearing black face and standing next to a white hooded man or being a white hooded man standing next to somebody in black face . Much less blowing it off and entering some kind of just let it go phase lol . Not only did he survive it , they doubled down and was handing out cotton boles to black children at the Governors house when the kids were visiting from school .

Last edited:
Get ready I’m about to bring in the whataboutism here but it’s more of a fact if we are honest with ourselves … There’s not a single withe conservative, or Republican politician walking the earth that could continue his political career after a picture surfaced with him either wearing black face and standing next to a white hooded man or being a white hooded man standing next to somebody in black face . Much less blowing it off and entering some kind of just let it go phase lol . Not only did he survive it , they doubled down and was handing out cotton boles to black children at the Governors house when the kids were visiting from school .

Smack mode....lol

Smack mode....lol

Living here and watching it all unfold without him losing support was mind boggling. The left hates them some old racist white men but put one in the governors house after wearing black face in Virginia and one in the White House while listen to corn pop stories . 😂

Reactions: Orangeburst
What's the the statute of limitations for not letting people live things down? Is there a specific amount of time, or is anything one may find opportune fair game?

Black face and you aren’t a self righteous prick calling others racist…..I’d say a few months after truly being apologetic. I don’t have a beef with Ted Danson.

Black face and you are a self righteous prick calling others racist…..pretty much as long as you live and are a prick.

People make mistakes but assholes seem to die assholes.

Reactions: AshG
Living here and watching it all unfold without him losing support was mind boggling. The left hates them some old racist white men but put one in the governors house after wearing black face in Virginia and one in the White House while listen to corn pop stories . 😂

That is "nutshell"...lol

Get ready I’m about to bring in the whataboutism here but it’s more of a fact if we are honest with ourselves … There’s not a single withe conservative, or Republican politician walking the earth that could continue his political career after a picture surfaced with him either wearing black face and standing next to a white hooded man or being a white hooded man standing next to somebody in black face . Much less blowing it off and entering some kind of just let it go phase lol . Not only did he survive it , they doubled down and was handing out cotton boles to black children at the Governors house when the kids were visiting from school .

I am absolutely not going to call you on a whataboutism on this, because you're genuinely contributing an important facet to discussion.

Unfortunately, I'm tired and can't think well enough to follow up except to say that I agree with your sentiment.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
People make mistakes but assholes seem to die assholes.

An unfortunate truism. They also seem to survive their own mess over the ones who make isolated mistakes.

As one of my nurses said to my wife in 2013 when I was in a coma: "Please tell me your husband kicks puppies or makes fun of ugly babies. The people who do that seem to be the ones who survive for some reason."

Reactions: tntar heel and NEO
An unfortunate truism. They also seem to survive their own mess over the ones who make isolated mistakes.

As one of my nurses said to my wife in 2013 when I was in a coma: "Please tell me your husband kicks puppies or makes fun of ugly babies. The people who do that seem to be the ones who survive for some reason."

Wait…..you were in a coma???

I think there is a very broad range in skill in this job.

Inner city cop is probably very well trained and at the highest level.

Rural cop with a city of 50 is probably not.

Somewhere there falls the wealthy suburban cop and it’s not closer to the inner city side.

I have met a few cops who honestly did not know the law.

I think the best cops end up moving to detective.
You’re actually wrong about the big city police. They lower their standards for numbers and diversity

Reactions: Volaholic320
What's the the statute of limitations for not letting people live things down? Is there a specific amount of time, or is anything one may find opportune fair game?
Maybe the length of time Governor Northam believes is reasonable for a mother to decide to terminate the life of her born-alive baby who survived an attempted abortion. Oh wait . . . . I don't remember Governor Northam saying what he believes a reasonable time limit would be for this.

Yeah. I survived septic shock in 2013. Spent almost two weeks in a coma, lost my right leg just below the knee. They may have also amputated my sense of humor; jury is still out on that.

wow. Glad you are ok now!

Do you remember being in the coma at all? Comas freak me out.

Reactions: tntar heel
wow. Glad you are ok now!

Do you remember being in the coma at all? Comas freak me out.

Between March 15 and March 17, there are brief flashes. I pulled the covers over my head with a bad case of the chills. I opened my eyes in a bright room with my friend Jack and my cousin Catherine on either side of me, then went right back to sleep. The next time I opened my eyes, I was staring at the circular lights on the ceiling of the ambulance taking me from Jefferson Memorial to UT Medical. After a moment, the darkness came and I woke up eleven days later. According to Rachel I was sound of mind and coherent enough at the Emergency Room that I was able to direct my care and provide informed consent to the satisfaction of the medical staff. I remember nothing after passing out on the ambulance. No deep dark, no abyss, no bright light or comforting visions. Just the length of a blink.

Mind boggling to say the least. Some say he kept the support, and his political career, by agreeing to push the agenda 100%.

Because you came off as a whiner. Much like you do when someone’s mentions waiting tables isn’t a highly skilled job
You must have been in a bad mood since you responded to a post I made almost two months ago.

And that server's job is just as important as yours and they are out there trying to make a living just like you are. So get over it dude.

Oh by the way. Tennessee was too scared to play Army. So we chickened out of that game to play Akron.

VN Store

Back