The Woke Olympics

What I don't get is, if it's such a problem then just cut your ****ing hair. It'll grow back! You only compete at this level for a very small window of your life! Sometimes people need to recognize when a situation is bigger than themselves and if they want to participate, they need to comply and just do whatever they have to do to compete. It's JUST hair for god's sake! Some want to act like they're being asked to remove a limb.
Has it even been determined if the cap gives them a competitive advantage? Seems like a petty exclusion. If anything, it would seem like more of a hindrance.

Reactions: NashVol11
Former UFC champion thinks Simone Biles needs some 'tough love'

The sun didn’t suddenly set in Tokyo. That’s just another world-class athlete throwing shade at Olympian Simone Biles. Former UFC bantamweight and flyweight champion Henry Cejudo is the latest to criticize the gymnast. Having previously won gold himself (2008 Olympics), Cejudo is of the opinion that Biles could use a "kick in the arse."

Cejudo’s of the opinion that "tough love" could benefit Biles after she withdrew from competition: "I believe Simone Biles pulling out of this thing is like, I think she really needs to check herself. I think there’s time for a little bit of tough love. If she was my sister, this is exactly what I would do," said Cejudo. "So, I would never say something that I wouldn’t do to my personal family or anything like that. Or even for me, because I do believe sometimes we do need a nice kick in the arse."

Has it even been determined if the cap gives them a competitive advantage? Seems like a petty exclusion. If anything, it would seem like more of a hindrance.
Look at the shape of bicycle helmets, a rear taper lowers the drag coefficient. It prevents vortices from being formed behind a bluff object

What I don't get is, if it's such a problem then just cut your ****ing hair. It'll grow back! You only compete at this level for a very small window of your life! Sometimes people need to recognize when a situation is bigger than themselves and if they want to participate, they need to comply and just do whatever they have to do to compete. It's JUST hair for god's sake! Some want to act like they're being asked to remove a limb.

Not fun. Would not do again. Do not recommend.

The sun didn’t suddenly set in Tokyo. That’s just another world-class athlete throwing shade at Olympian Simone Biles. Former UFC bantamweight and flyweight champion Henry Cejudo is the latest to criticize the gymnast. Having previously won gold himself (2008 Olympics), Cejudo is of the opinion that Biles could use a "kick in the arse."

Cejudo’s of the opinion that "tough love" could benefit Biles after she withdrew from competition: "I believe Simone Biles pulling out of this thing is like, I think she really needs to check herself. I think there’s time for a little bit of tough love. If she was my sister, this is exactly what I would do," said Cejudo. "So, I would never say something that I wouldn’t do to my personal family or anything like that. Or even for me, because I do believe sometimes we do need a nice kick in the arse."

Typical, swing and miss.

Comply

I know you keep posting this, as to incenuate that it's a bad thing. However compliance isn't ALWAYS a negative term. The rules are the rules and if I were an elite athlete fortunate enough to represent my country in the Olympics, I would do whatever I had to do in order to compete! And I damn sure wouldn't let something like a weave or an afro stand in my way. Not EVERYTHING has to be made into a political fight. Cut your hair and move on! It'll grow back! The more time and energy someone devotes to fighting something as silly as this, the less time and focus they devote to their training. Plus, last time I checked, you're part of the swim TEAM! Stop making it all about YOU! Your team is relying on you and raising a stink over something like this not only affects your focus, it affects your team's focus.

Last edited:
If it weren't for all the people complaining about politics I would hardly notice the politics.
I haven’t watched a ton of the olympics but I’ve watched at least a few minutes everyday. No question I’d be turned off by politics being inserted into the equation but I agree with you. I haven’t seen anything of the sort.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Team USA’s Gwen Berry Says She Will Stage Protest If She Medals At Olympics: ‘I’ll Represent The Oppressed People’

GettyImages-1325685942.jpg

Team USA’s Gwen Berry, who made headlines after she turned her back on the American flag during a medal ceremony at the U.S. Olympic Trials, says she plans to stage a similar protest if she medals at the Tokyo Olympics.

Team USA’s Gwen Berry Says She Will Stage Protest If She Medals At Olympics: ‘I’ll Represent The Oppressed People’ | The Daily Wire

Team USA’s Gwen Berry Says She Will Stage Protest If She Medals At Olympics: ‘I’ll Represent The Oppressed People’

GettyImages-1325685942.jpg

Team USA’s Gwen Berry, who made headlines after she turned her back on the American flag during a medal ceremony at the U.S. Olympic Trials, says she plans to stage a similar protest if she medals at the Tokyo Olympics.

Team USA’s Gwen Berry Says She Will Stage Protest If She Medals At Olympics: ‘I’ll Represent The Oppressed People’ | The Daily Wire

She's looking for an additional 15 minutes of fame. Don't give it to her. She won't medal; however, she will land a gig on MSNBC or other nutjob shows or networks.

He's the self-proclaimed "king of cringe" and his whole schtick is saying things to get attention so he can get bigger fights. A whole serious article dedicated to agreeing with what is very likely theatrical trolling...

That's what I've never understood. Why is it so hard for these celebrities to just stay TF off of social media? Outside of this forum and a couple of others I belong to, I'm completely off the grid when it comes to this. I don't have a Facebook account. I don't have a Twitter account. I don't have an Instagram account. I don't have a Snapchat account. I'm not on TikTok. I'm not on any of these outlets and I don't feel like I'm out of the loop on anything (important). I read the news on MSN every morning and if any important news breaks throughout the day I get notifications from Yahoo news and sports.
You need to fire your publicist.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back