The Woke Olympics

It's an interesting balance to hold, isn't it? You (we) wouldn't want them to feign forced patriotism like dictators and communists demand. On the other hand, we want them to publicly demonstrate their love of country. And, we want this to come from young people who typically don't have the experience or wisdom to fully form their ideology. Many are coming from college campuses which have poured derision in their heads for 4 or more years.

There's a difference, in my mind at least, of holding a minimum of respect especially when representing your nation on the world stage. I'm not asking them to go out and run through the streets carrying an American flag and singing the Star Spangled Banner while hopped up on Monster and Pop Rocks.

But at least stand for your anthem. The thing is, or the more important question is what are they kneeling for? Oh, sure, most of us are aware, but is the rest of the world going to know? Or even care? All they see is a team, or the majority of, disrespecting the very nation that sent them to the games.

Reactions: McDad and Ttucke11
If you ain't first you're last!

I've heard silver is just first loser.

Not that I'm agreeing with the sentiment, just saying I've heard it called that.

But it's not gold.

Too much time being SJW activists and not focusing on the task at hand. Distractions are dangerous for performance.
I think the game and their collective age caught up to them. They put targets on their backs because #1 at their peak they were just short of unbeatable #2 they were outspoken and cocky.

I don't celebrate a US loss but it's time that team shakes things up and brings in some new blood to mix with some of their veterans.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Little MS Purple Hair Woke Warriors Photos

46195545-9851975-Despite_their_recent_successes_captain_Megan_Rapinoe_pictured_an-a-27_1627922528969.jpg
46195547-9851975-image-m-26_1627922523399.jpg

46195541-9851975-image-a-28_1627922592610.jpg

46184257-9851975-image-a-11_1627904104830.jpg

46184049-9851975-image-a-13_1627904167029.jpg

46183941-9851975-image-a-14_1627904914733.jpg

Christine Sinclair of Canada with a dejected Lindsey Horan of the US after the match

46183963-9851975-image-a-16_1627904991437.jpg

Conservatives celebrate Team USA's loss to Canada in women's soccer Olympic semifinals | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
We're losing the Olympics to China. They have 7 more gold medals than we do,

I always cheer for Team USA, even when they bring their politics into their sports. I don't believe they should be doing that, no matter what side of the political spectrum they fall on, but unfortunately, they do.
And always have

Prefer and act like silver is for losers are 2 different things. People are calling US silver and bronze medal winners losers which is pathetic
I don't actually think they're "losers", but the truth is, they didn't win. I think all Olympians should be proud just to have actually made it to the games. That takes hard work. But the winner get the gold medal. That's just truth.

Reactions: hog88
Silver and bronze medals are nice, but they also mean you didn't win.
I watched 7 guys grind their asses off for a bronze medal. The pressure was far more intense than a regular PGA tour event playing for third place money, which still yields a huge financial payoff

I watched 7 guys grind their asses off for a bronze medal. The pressure was far more intense than a regular PGA tour event playing for third place money, which still yields a huge financial payoff
And that's great. It's sportsmanship. All 7 would have preferred to be playing for gold.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol

VN Store

Back