The Woke Olympics

Simone Biles BACKS silver medalist shot putter who crossed arms above head: IOC launches investigation into Raven Saunders for most high-profile protest yet in Tokyo

Simone Biles has become embroiled in the controversy over an American athlete who launched a protest from the Olympic medal winner’s podium.

Shot putter Raven Saunders raised her arms above her head on the podium and formed an 'X' with her wrists on Sunday night as she claimed her silver medal.

But Simone, 24, has risked becoming under more scrutiny by supporting the protest.

The troubled six times Olympic medalist, who is experiencing mental health issues in Tokyo has decided to back Saunders protest today.

46154029-9851045-Raven_Saunders_of_the_United_States_poses_with_her_silver_medal_-m-3_1627879769727.jpg

46153471-9851045-The_troubled_athlete_donned_a_black_safety_face_mask_as_she_took-a-4_1627879785905.jpg

She posted a picture of the athlete with her arms crossed on the podium to her 6.5 million Instagram followers

Under the photo were the words; ‘Gave everything for this.

‘If you are black, LGBTQIA+ Or mentally struggling, this one is for you.

‘Shout out to all my fighters’

Simone Biles has become embroiled in the controversy over Raven Saunders | Daily Mail Online

"If you are black" ?

Why is it necessarily for you?

I've heard silver is just first loser.

Not that I'm agreeing with the sentiment, just saying I've heard it called that.

But it's not gold.

It is China's philosophy.

1st place or die trying.

Ours is atleast we tried.

One country is on a fast trajectory upwards and the other is spiraling down like a falling star.

At one time, the people of Rome thought they would always be on top too.

It is China's philosophy.

1st place or die trying.

Ours is atleast we tried.

One country is on a fast trajectory upwards and the other is spiraling down like a falling star.

At one time, the people of Rome thought they would always be on top too.
The Chinese approach should not be something to envy or emulate. Their people are merely cattle

Reactions: tbwhhs and AshG
If a person has a strong dislike for an athlete, regardless of what country they are representing I think it's ok to root against them.

Let's face facts here, many of the US Olympic athletes are representing themselves and not the US.
I hate to agree with you, but it certainly feels that way. Im always going to want our Olympic teams to win, but there are certain athletes I don’t mind seeing tied to losing/underachieving when the 2020 Olympics are done with.

Not even close to comparable unless you believe there is genocide and outright slavery on a similar level.

One country will execute you if they believe you are useless and the other country will pacify you and tell you that it’s not your fault and that you are unable to get even an ID by yourself and that you need Big Brother just to survive because the other class wants you back in chains.

China is cattle born and bread for slaughter.

Us is cattle born to milk and then slaughtered once they stop milking. Yeah the US may play some nice music and give you some pats on the back to keep you milking but once you no longer are useful they will treat you just like normal cattle. Atleast the Democratic Party will.

My daughter last year posted something political on Facebook during the election. I made her remove it. I explained to her that in her profession she is gonna piss off half of her clients. The way the climate is now, I know she is grateful I suggested it at the time.

Kind of like your vaccine memes. lol.

My daughter last year posted something political on Facebook during the election. I made her remove it. I explained to her that in her profession she is gonna piss off half of her clients. The way the climate is now, I know she is grateful I suggested it at the time.
better yet tell her to close the account -- FB is nothing more than a stalker and snitch

Yet, this does tend to poke holes in that argument...

View attachment 384372

When you have all doing it, your question is valid. When there is a mix and match, it does look a bit curious...

I'm not seeing how this is different from the other criticisms that the players aren't presenting a united America-loving front to the world. Which, if America has problems that need to be addressed, why should they? If I see problems in this country I don't have to stop and thank America for "allowing me to have a job" or whatever before I speak about them.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I'm not seeing how this is different from the other criticisms that the players aren't presenting a united America-loving front to the world. Which, if America has problems that need to be addressed, why should they? If I see problems in this country I don't have to stop and thank America for "allowing me to have a job" or whatever before I speak about them.

If you can please point me to another country's athletes that kneel during their anthem at the Olympics to protest "injustice" in their country, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Reactions: VolStrom
If you can please point me to another country's athletes that kneel during their anthem at the Olympics to protest "injustice" in their country, I'd appreciate it.

TIA
Who kneeled during the anthem at the olympics?

Reactions: NashVol11
So let me get this straight.

In order to show that we are the most free country on the planet with the utmost respect for individual rights at the legal level, we must choose to forgo the rights of free expression and participate in a collectivist ritual to show we're celebrating our individualism.

Got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashVol11
Every country has problems, even ours. That shouldn't stop someone from loving this country. We're a lot better off than most countries. That doesn't mean you don't fight for change, but you should still be proud to represent this country. Carry your fight into the real world where maybe you can make a difference, not to a sporting event where you're not really making one.

So let me get this straight.

In order to show that we are the most free country on the planet with the utmost respect for individual rights at the legal level, we must choose to forgo the rights of free expression and participate in a collectivist ritual to show we're celebrating our individualism.

Got it.
You're mistaking going to the Olympics as some kind of right. It's not. It's a privilege granted to certain athletes that qualify to represent this nation. Privileges can and often do come with stipulations.

You're mistaking going to the Olympics as some kind of right. It's not. It's a privilege granted to certain athletes that qualify to represent this nation. Privileges can and often do come with stipulations.

Sorry, I'll go back and blue font that. I was trying to be facetious.

I was just curious.

I do find it interesting that you can't spell her name even though I'd bet my bottom dollar you have read her name a hundred times more than you've heard it.
Probably. But frankly I don't care enough about her to remember how it's spelled. It is an unusual name.

... and the horse she/it rode in on.

Simone Biles BACKS silver medalist shot putter who crossed arms above head: IOC launches investigation into Raven Saunders for most high-profile protest yet in Tokyo

Simone Biles has become embroiled in the controversy over an American athlete who launched a protest from the Olympic medal winner’s podium.

Shot putter Raven Saunders raised her arms above her head on the podium and formed an 'X' with her wrists on Sunday night as she claimed her silver medal.

But Simone, 24, has risked becoming under more scrutiny by supporting the protest.

The troubled six times Olympic medalist, who is experiencing mental health issues in Tokyo has decided to back Saunders protest today.

46154029-9851045-Raven_Saunders_of_the_United_States_poses_with_her_silver_medal_-m-3_1627879769727.jpg

46153471-9851045-The_troubled_athlete_donned_a_black_safety_face_mask_as_she_took-a-4_1627879785905.jpg

She posted a picture of the athlete with her arms crossed on the podium to her 6.5 million Instagram followers

Under the photo were the words; ‘Gave everything for this.

‘If you are black, LGBTQIA+ Or mentally struggling, this one is for you.

‘Shout out to all my fighters’

Simone Biles has become embroiled in the controversy over Raven Saunders | Daily Mail Online
What is there to 'investigate'?

And this is why I haven't been watching... **** her cause and **** her.

VN Store

Back