The Woke Olympics

You sound like a bitter man without a good argument.

Sounds like you just don’t like the argument, which is that “they get treated better here than this one other place/they should be thankful we’re not dead last in the world in treatment of minority groups” is a horrendous measuring stick

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Thank you for asking the question that has been rattling around in my head since I read his post. I have no idea what this alphabet soup is anymore.

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transexual
Queer (does not feel as if they fit well with any category)
Intersex (Outwardly expresses traits for both make and female sexes)
Ally
+ (In case someone got left out)

Reactions: Wireless1
Maybe a stupid question, but how is being black like being LGBTQIA+? Does this comparison bother people of color? And, even further: how is being black or LGBTQIA+ construed as similar to those who struggle with mental health? Is that the message the LGBT or black community wants to spread?

This was her quote.

‘If you are black, LGBTQIA+ Or mentally struggling, this one is for you.

‘Shout out to all my fighters’

She never stated that the three were connected.

She is an individual that is choosing to support three different issues she believes in.

Reactions: NashVol11
GettyImages-1325685942.jpg

Team USA’s Gwen Berry, who made headlines after she turned her back on the American flag during a medal ceremony at the U.S. Olympic Trials, says she plans to stage a similar protest if she medals at the Tokyo Olympics.

Team USA’s Gwen Berry Says She Will Stage Protest If She Medals At Olympics: ‘I’ll Represent The Oppressed People’ | The Daily Wire[/QUOTE]
Hey Berry - Easy solution if you hate American then just compete for Puerto Rico like the gal in the 100 meters hurdles who’s from South Carolina.

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transexual
Ally
Good lord. So this alphabet soup encompasses every person that doesn't know what they are? Is it okay to be a white heterosexual male?

I meant in the context of there are a bunch of Americans who want them to lose purely because Rapinoe is a vocal leftist, but I guarantee you not everybody on the team feels that way. I don't really understand wanting your team to lose because you disagree with the politics of one of the players. If that is how you roll then I guess you can't root for Tennessee either.
I enjoy the athletes who are there 100% focused on competing in their sport and their comments reflect as much. I’d turn to one of the many political news channels if I was wanting to watch political discussions. Does that make me racists, homophobic, or some other bad word?

My daughter last year posted something political on Facebook during the election. I made her remove it. I explained to her that in her profession she is gonna piss off half of her clients. The way the climate is now, I know she is grateful I suggested it at the time.
How do you make your grown children (I assume she’s grown if she has clients) do anything?

I enjoy the athletes who are there 100% focused on competing in their sport and their comments reflect as much. I’d turn to one of the many political news channels if I was wanting to watch political discussions. Does that make me racists, homophobic, or some other bad word?

No, not at all.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Of course not, although what I have noticed is that if you (not you specifically, just generally) agree with the politics being espoused, you tend to not say "shut up and play." That phrase only tends to get uttered if you don't like the politics. If you agree with the politics, then "it's about being more than an athlete."

I felt bad for the Chinese girl who fell on her ass in the uneven bars. They probably chucked her parents off a bridge or something.

China sucks.

When an Olympian fails they are normally cast out of the program and because they never went to school because they were always training many of them live very poor afterwards.

In America athletes get passed through high school, can often times not read or write, then get passed through college with tutors who do the work for them, then have agents who handle all their money and after their pro careers are many times broke within 5 years.

Which is better?

Yeah, the hot ones. Hard for ugly people to get endorsements regardless of medal color.
I’m a dude so maybe I’m a poor judge, but Michael Phelps isn’t a particularly handsome man and he’s endorsing lots of stuff

Sounds like you just don’t like the argument, which is that “they get treated better here than this one other place/they should be thankful we’re not dead last in the world in treatment of minority groups” is a horrendous measuring stick

She should be celebrating this country and be an ambassador, showing others how they should treat their “marginalized” populations.

Reactions: NEO
She should be celebrating this country and be an ambassador, showing others how they should treat their “marginalized” populations.

That’s where we disagree, you seem to view anything other than last place in the world as cause for celebration. Why can’t we compare ourselves to whoever is #1 in those areas and demand better rather than complacently pretending we’re perfect?

That’s where we disagree, you seem to view anything other than last place in the world as cause for celebration. Why can’t we compare ourselves to whoever is #1 in those areas and demand better rather than complacently pretending we’re perfect?

We are number 1 in opportunities for people like her.

Reactions: NEO
We are number 1 in opportunities for people like her.

Lmao says who? Kiddiedoc was saying 5 posts ago that we’re trash at mental health but we’re also #1 for treatment of those with depression? We’re far from #1 in terms of attitudes toward Black and LGBTQIA+ people as well, look what happened in this thread when someone so much as typed the acronym

This was her quote.

‘If you are black, LGBTQIA+ Or mentally struggling, this one is for you.

‘Shout out to all my fighters’

She never stated that the three were connected.

She is an individual that is choosing to support three different issues she believes in.

Being black is an issue?

Lmao says who? Kiddiedoc was saying 5 posts ago that we’re trash at mental health but we’re also #1 for treatment of those with depression? We’re far from #1 in terms of attitudes toward Black and LGBTQIA+ people as well, look what happened in this thread when someone so much as typed the acronym

Have you ever been out of the country for anything but a weeks vacation? If you had you would know people of color, LBGT people have more opportunities here than anywhere else. And I probably have a different view on mental health than the Doc, IMO depression isn’t a mental illness.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transexual
Ally
What’s Ally?

Have you ever been out of the country for anything but a weeks vacation? If you had you would know people of color, LBGT people have more opportunities here than anywhere else. And I probably have a different view on mental health than the Doc, IMO depression isn’t a mental illness.

I've been to 15 other countries off the top of my head, having lived in some for months, and we're worse than the majority but go off

VN Store

Back