The Woke Olympics

What’s Ally?

Allies are those of us willing to stand next to our friends and relatives who identify as something other than cisgendered heterosexual because we believe that they are humans just like us and worthy of being treated with dignity just like us. Allies love our neighbors.

Reactions: Wireless1
If we are worse than the majority why are so many different minorities from all over the world trying to immigrate to this horrible country?

Well not all immigrants are Black or LGBT, for one, which is what we’re talking about. It’s also cheaper to live here than many places in Europe, for example

Yes all marginalized groups should accept whatever treatment they get because they’re lucky to have any rights at all, great take
What rights has she been denied that others are afforded? Why should her color matter? Why must we tribalize everything?

Allies are those of us willing to stand next to our friends and relatives who identify as something other than cisgendered heterosexual because we believe that they are humans just like us and worthy of being treated with dignity just like us. Allies love our neighbors.
Why must we come up with ever more ways to split us into different segments? It's exhausting.

I'm a SMWTPAJP.

Name the 15.

This way we can actually compare.

We’re worse on gay rights than Canada, Portugal, Spain, Germany, the UK, Denmark, France and the Netherlands, which is 8/15 right away. Hell, even Mexico legalized gay marriage before we did (as did 20+ other countries, which is why it’s funny to randomly call us #1)

Reactions: AshG
We’re worse on gay rights than Canada, Portugal, Spain, Germany, the UK, Denmark, France and the Netherlands, which is 8/15 right away. Hell, even Mexico legalized gay marriage before we did (as did 20+ other countries, which is why it’s funny to randomly call us #1)

What rights are gays denied here?

You are cherry picking as you mentioned multiple issues. The UK has huge racial issues and you know this. The football team just dealt with harassment. The UN just denounced a report from their government that the UN says was pro white supremacy. Also anti-gay violent crime has doubled sine 2014 in the UK and only 46 percent of that community feel safe to publicly display their sexual leaning.

So strike England.

In 2019 the government of France admitted the country has deep issues regarding anti lgbtq people and they literally just banned the wearing of hijab which is anti Muslim.

So strike France.

I can keep going but your rhetoric is BS.

Well not all immigrants are Black or LGBT, for one, which is what we’re talking about. It’s also cheaper to live here than many places in Europe, for example
So there's lots of places way better for them to live in than the US, they just can't afford to live there.
tenor.gif

You are cherry picking as you mentioned multiple issues. The UK has huge racial issues and you know this. The football team just dealt with harassment. The UN just denounced a report from their government that the UN says was pro white supremacy. Also anti-gay violent crime has doubled sine 2014 in the UK and only 46 percent of that community feel safe to publicly display their sexual leaning.

So strike England.

In 2019 the government of France admitted the country has deep issues regarding anti lgbtq people and they literally just banned the wearing of hijab which is anti Muslim.

So strike France.

I can keep going but your rhetoric is BS.

LOL cherry picking is saying Saunders can’t demand that America be better on gay rights (for example) unless every country we would emulate is also better than America in every single other way

LOL cherry picking is saying Saunders can’t demand that America be better on gay rights (for example) unless every country we would emulate is also better than America in every single other way

No country is perfect but America is about pro LGBTQ as it gets and has done its damndest to mend racial relations.

I like Europe a lot too but it’s not utopia.

No country is perfect but America is about pro LGBTQ as it gets and has done its damndest to mend racial relations.

I like Europe a lot too but it’s not utopia.

It’s really not, and you can look this up. Many countries don’t have as much of a religious opposition as we do, many countries allow trans people to amend their birth certificates which is about a 50-50 state-by-state shot here, many countries were way ahead of us on gay marriage, many countries have a lower percentage of hate crimes against LGBT people, many countries have more tolerant laws than ours, there’s no basis for saying we’re #1 except the cheerleader complex so many Americans have

Aha, then that’s not really a minority group when you look at the approval rating for gay marriage.

It’s really not, and you can look this up. Many countries don’t have as much of a religious opposition as we do, many countries allow trans people to amend their birth certificates which is about a 50-50 state-by-state shot here, many countries were way ahead of us on gay marriage, many countries have a lower percentage of hate crimes against LGBT people, many countries have more tolerant laws than ours, there’s no basis for saying we’re #1 except the cheerleader complex so many Americans have

You made a lot of statements but when you did into each first world countries actual data it mirrors ours very closely. It’s hard to say who is 1 in an aspect like this but the USA is clearly near the top or at the top when all things are brought into account for civil liberties.

France is a really bad example though as they are in a huge culture war between the new Muslim minority that is quickly growing and the non Muslim community. If our country banned hijabs people would riot in the streets here in areas like Dearborn. France is clamping down greatly on religious rights and that is a civil issue.

but we legalized gay marriage so comparing us on that issue 10 years ago to now is an odd point to argue.

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and NEO
I see. I don't know the story. So, which one of her qualities/conditions is she being oppressed for? Or, do you have to have some combination? Like, if you're gay and black but just a happy-go-lucky fella, are you oppressed? Or what if you're white and straight but suffer from OCD... Does that count?
That’s what they mean by intersectionality, or so I’ve heard. The more non-straight, non-white groups you belong to, the greater your score.

I just visited my parents and my Dad has completely lost it. Every conversation turns into politics. I couldn't say anything without my parents turning it into a gripe about the left, BLM, or critical race theory. Literally, the most innocuous statement, like "I'd like to visit Japan." turns into a negative political anecdote. Out of nowhere, my Dad asked me if I think I'd have an easier time finding a job if I were black (I'm employed, BTW, so the comment had nothing to do with anything other than what is constantly rattling around in his brain). My parents who decry cancel culture are canceling Subway, the MLB, their university's athletic department, and more. It's hard to keep track. Their lives are completely poisoned and it's all-consuming. The crazy part is they obsess so much about the topic of race and it has no impact on them whatsoever. Literally none. They live in a town that's like 95% white and race is not a problem for whites there. They are retired, so they can't get canceled. All this time and bad feelings for no reason at all.
You say they’re canceling those things but a person simply choosing not to do business with an organization isn’t canceling. Canceling is more than that and usually happens to people, not organizations. Maybe they’re doing way more than choosing not to eat Subway but I don’t see how an individual could possibly cancel a company of that size.

Why can’t they just play make believe with their mental illness without taking it to idiotic extremes?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Sounds like you just don’t like the argument, which is that “they get treated better here than this one other place/they should be thankful we’re not dead last in the world in treatment of minority groups” is a horrendous measuring stick
I would like to know how she's been treated badly? What specifically has happened to make her feel oppressed? Or are you saying all black people in America just naturally feel oppressed? If that's your argument, I don't buy it.

That’s where we disagree, you seem to view anything other than last place in the world as cause for celebration. Why can’t we compare ourselves to whoever is #1 in those areas and demand better rather than complacently pretending we’re perfect?
Why do we have to pretend we're worse than we are?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Lmao says who? Kiddiedoc was saying 5 posts ago that we’re trash at mental health but we’re also #1 for treatment of those with depression? We’re far from #1 in terms of attitudes toward Black and LGBTQIA+ people as well, look what happened in this thread when someone so much as typed the acronym
So because some are intolerant, that means everyone is intolerant? Your logic is flawed.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back