The Woke Olympics

You have yet to specify a right/privilege gays are denied here that is afforded them in those other countries.

Unquestioned, worry free access to doctors without fear of being told they won't be treated because they're gay.

There's one.

Unquestioned, worry free access to doctors without fear of being told they won't be treated because they're gay.

There's one.

Can you show us an example of where this has happened?

Can Drs deny service based on sexual preference in the US?

Unfortunately, yes. Several states have passed "conscience based permission to deny services".

Gay and need an appendectomy? A surgeon can pass you off to another surgeon. Gay and need trauma therapy after losing a parent? A therapist can send you packing once they find out your sexual orientation.

Just off the top of my head, this is the law of the land in at least Tennessee, Arkansas, and Ohio. I'll check for the rest of the states later.

Unfortunately, yes. Several states have passed "conscience based permission to deny services".

Gay and need an appendectomy? A surgeon can pass you off to another surgeon. Gay and need trauma therapy after losing a parent? A therapist can send you packing once they find out your sexual orientation.

Just off the top of my head, this is the law of the land in at least Tennessee, Arkansas, and Ohio. I'll check for the rest of the states later.

Can you give us an example that remotely comes close to the examples you provided?

So in other countries gay Drs don’t have freedom of religion? Sounds like one cancels out the other.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
So in other countries gay Drs don’t have freedom of religion? Sounds like one cancels out the other.

I'll be blunt: if someone is in a medical/psychological services field and has a list of people they won't treat for religious reasons, they need to gtfo for failure to honor their oath.

I'll be blunt: if someone is in a medical/psychological services field and has a list of people they won't treat for religious reasons, they need to gtfo for failure to honor their oath.

I would agree with you in emergency situations, however I could make arguments based on some potential therapies that either are non emergent or can be attained from another provider.

I just do not remember an emergent case like you provided as your example.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Reactions: StarRaider and jp1
I'm willing to bet that he wouldn't like or necessarily agree with all of the original hypocrattic oath that he referenced above.

Agree. The refuse service standard I hold true with other businesses applies to health care as well. With the exception of Emergency services.

I go as far as to allow refusal even in emergencies. My belief is it should apply to the ability to pay for said services also.

Reactions: AM64
I just knew that hog would get spooled up quickly when healthcare was brought up.

Anthem-Snubbing Gwen Berry Fails To Medal At Olympics, Unable To ‘Represent The Oppressed’ At Podium

GettyImages-1325685945-1.jpg

U.S. hammer thrower Gwen Berry failed to medal at the Tokyo Olympics on Tuesday after promising to protest and “represent the opposed” if she were to make it to the podium.

Anthem-Snubbing Gwen Berry Fails To Medal At Olympics, Unable To ‘Represent The Oppressed’ At Podium

I go as far as to allow refusal even in emergencies. My belief is it should apply to the ability to pay for said services also.
Your position is more consistent than mine.

Reactions: jp1

Hold on.

So you're fine if an EMT says "I refuse to give chest compressions because this heart attack victim is gay."

Really?

Hold on.

So you're fine if an EMT says "I refuse to give chest compressions because this heart attack victim is gay."

Really?

Depends. Private EMT company employee not on a local/state/federal contract or local/state/federal government employee?

Our government at any level shouldn't be allowed to discriminate based on sex, religion, race, ethnicity ect. Any employee being hired by a .gov agency or a company contracted by a .gov agency to provide services should know up front no discrimination is allowed or tolerated. A private citizen/company should be allowed to discriminate as they see fit for any reason.

Depends. Private EMT company employee not on a local/state/federal contract or local/state/federal government employee?

Our government at any level shouldn't be allowed to discriminate based on sex, religion, race, ethnicity ect. Any employee being hired by a .gov agency or a company contracted by a .gov agency to provide services should know up front no discrimination is allowed or tolerated. A private citizen/company should be allowed to discriminate as they see fit for any reason.

Unfortunately, when someone calls 911 the last thing on their mind is asking "Please send a government ambulance, I don't want my friend to die because of a homophobic EMT!"

Is it really moral and ethical for someone to take a job in that field if they plan on allowing others to suffer and possibly die as a result of his or or conscience?

Unfortunately, when someone calls 911 the last thing on their mind is asking "Please send a government ambulance, I don't want my friend to die because of a homophobic EMT!"

Is it really moral and ethical for someone to take a job in that field if they plan on allowing others to suffer and possibly die as a result of his or or conscience?

If 911 is dispatching an ambulance it should be a mute point since that ambulance is either .gov run or contracted to the .gov.

It's not moral or ethical for someone to take a job like a HC provider if they plan on discriminating but if they are a private citizen not tied to a government they should have that right.

Hold on.

Really?
How would the EMT know, unless during mouth to mouth he tried to....you know.....

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back