The Woke Olympics

I don’t, but Americans do. Let’s try to keep the conversation honest.
I am. You said "we're". We is inclusive, meaning you as well.

The government does not limit any of the thing you mentioned. And not every citizen shares the sentiment either. As much as I disagree with the sentiment, individual citizens have the right to feel however they feel.

So, staying honest, you're taking a portion of the citizenry and using it to make a statement about all of the citizenry. It's inaccurate.

I am. You said "we're". We is inclusive, meaning you as well.

The government does not limit any of the thing you mentioned. And not every citizen shares the sentiment either. As much as I disagree with the sentiment, individual citizens have the right to feel however they feel.

So, staying honest, you're taking a portion of the citizenry and using it to make a statement about all of the citizenry. It's inaccurate.

Yeah, I can also say we have mass shootings way too often, that doesn’t mean I’m doing it or saying the government or “all of the citizenry” is doing it. Come on.

I don’t think we are better either but I appreciate many great things this country has to offer. There are pros & cons all over the globe. Go travel the world and gain some perspective.

I think this is a spot on take.

I love the sheer amount of diverse metropolitan areas this country has. Chicago, New York, LA, Austin, Denver, Atlanta, NOLA, and Miami are all cities I think every person should visit at least once in their lifetime. We have an incredible interstate system that makes getting to these places about as easy as possible. Our national parks/forests are unrivaled and we sports some of the coolest outdoor scenery and choice of activities one can find on the globe. We have some the very best and some of the very worst music and I think that says a lot.

Meanwhile, I think the food, women, and nightlife in Colombia is some of the best I've seen. I think the Dutch are the some of the warmest, nicest, most cultured people I've ever encountered. Dutch courage puts southern hospitality to shame, yáll. French food and Italian wine are ridiculous.

I think it's tough to call us the land of opportunity anymore. There are massive socioeconomic disparities here and it can be theoretically easier to expat elsewhere where our dollar goes further and set up shop outside of the US.

Signed,
An avid trekker of this dirt rock we live on

Yeah, I can also say we have mass shootings way too often, that doesn’t mean I’m doing it or saying the government or “all of the citizenry” is doing it. Come on.
That is correct, not all of the citizenry is doing it. The focus in those situations should be on those who are doing it. I don't believe in punishing everyone for the actions of the few.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It's not even about "who is the greatest?". Do you love this country? You can love this country and still see the need for improvement. But if you love this country, and are given the opportunity to represent this country on a global scale, why not show that love for your country ? There is a time and place for everything. I don't feel like sporting events are the place for protests. It defeats the purpose of sports which is to bring us together.

I love the sheer amount of diverse metropolitan areas this country has. Chicago, New York, LA, Austin, Denver, Atlanta, NOLA, and Miami are all cities I think every person should visit at least once in their lifetime. We have an incredible interstate system that makes getting to these places about as easy as possible. Our national parks/forests are unrivaled and we sports some of the coolest outdoor scenery and choice of activities one can find on the globe. We have some the very best and some of the very worst music and I think that says a lot.

Meanwhile, I think the food, women, and nightlife in Colombia is some of the best I've seen. I think the Dutch are the some of the warmest, nicest, most cultured people I've ever encountered. Dutch courage puts southern hospitality to shame, yáll. French food and Italian wine are ridiculous.

I think it's tough to call us the land of opportunity anymore. There are massive socioeconomic disparities here and it can be theoretically easier to expat elsewhere where our dollar goes further and set up shop outside of the US.

Signed,
tenor.gif

Signed,

I definitely agree with you about the road system in this country. Very easy and convenient to navigate and travel. Agree about national parks & forests too. Miami just might be my favorite of all the cities you mentioned. I did have the opportunity to visit France and Italy years ago. Wine in Italy was the bomb. French cuisine was good however Italian food was better IMO. My hippy stepbrother invited me to go with him to Denver a couple years back but I declined. Should have went with him instead of going to Vegas. The Rockies are a must see for me in the near future.

If medical professionals want to take "feelings" out of everything and operate on pure science, then religion would be seen as mental illness as well. It would be considered a delusion.

Except their is no definitive science to debunk religion. To think that all of a sudden something came from nothing is no more definitive that there is or isn’t a divine creator. I’ll add that the greatest country on earth was founded on the principles in the belief of that very divine creator.

Except their is no definitive science to debunk religion. To think that all of a sudden something came from nothing is no more definitive that there is or isn’t a divine creator. I’ll add that the greatest country on earth was founded on the principles in the belief of that very divine creator.
There's no definitive science to debunk homosexuality as a result of genetics rather than some type of mental disorder either. And not all of the Founding Fathers were Christians. Most believed in a Creator, but not necessarily "God" or the Bible.

We got athletes twerking after their performances now.

Sheesh.

This country is doomed.

Last edited:
Can Drs deny service based on sexual preference in the US?

Seems like a normal OB/GYN doc might set some limits - they tend to work with specific equipment, and if you don't have it - you don't have it. Maybe in cases like that a psychiatrist is more in order.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
How dare they be reprimanded for taking pride in their country!

I can see your point, even though it’s veiled in sarcasm, but he did lead to the deaths of approximately 45 million Chinese.

It’s kinda like having a pin of Andrew Johnson on your uniform.

But at the end of the day it is their leadership history.

Anthem-Snubbing Gwen Berry Fails To Medal At Olympics, Unable To ‘Represent The Oppressed’ At Podium

GettyImages-1325685945-1.jpg

U.S. hammer thrower Gwen Berry failed to medal at the Tokyo Olympics on Tuesday after promising to protest and “represent the opposed” if she were to make it to the podium.

Anthem-Snubbing Gwen Berry Fails To Medal At Olympics, Unable To ‘Represent The Oppressed’ At Podium

You just hate to see that ... when someone wants to hijack a platform to use as a pulpit. Karma. Ugly karma at that.

VN Store

Back