The Woke Olympics

Can we get to the winter Olympics yet? I need my fill of people flying through the air with planks in their feet and people skating in circles with blades on their feet.

And hopefully commentors who will shut up and get out of the way.

That ain't happening.

Reactions: AM64
I think he means real competition. Like elite competition. Not just playing sports. Cool that your HS team won region and anything less was unacceptable to you, but we're talking about 3rd place in the world.
First place is still better.

Gee - wonder why they are here and continue to be here. Hmmm.....

Because they're from here too, have established lives, work and family? Just because American exceptionalism is a titanic myth doesn't mean people (including me) don't think it's a swell place to live beyond that.

I suspect you'd agree but are too prideful to let me get the better of you again so you keep digging. Frankly, if you didn't agree - you wouldn't be a Vol, we're certainly not #1, yet a Vol you remain.

You have the means to live anywhere, I will assume. You live here. Ranking is clear.

That’s a dumb measure, every individual person is exponentially more likely to live in their country of origin (where their entire life, family and everyone they know is) as opposed to somewhere else

Because they're from here too, have established lives, work and family? Just because American exceptionalism is a titanic myth doesn't mean people (including me) don't think it's a swell place to live beyond that.

I suspect you'd agree but are too prideful to let me get the better of you again so you keep digging. Frankly, if you didn't agree - you wouldn't be a Vol, we're certainly not #1, yet a Vol you remain.
Damn, what a ****ing ******* you are. GTFO out of my country.

'If our soccer team wasn't woke, they would have won gold': Trump tears into the 'Leftist Maniacs' in the US Women's National Team who finished with bronze and the 'woman with the purple hair who played terribly'

Donald Trump criticized the 'Leftist Maniacs' in the U.S. women's soccer team and said they would have won gold at the Tokyo Olympics if they weren't so 'woke' in a statement on Thursday morning.

'If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn’t woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze,' Trump said in the statement released through his Save America 45 PAC.

'Woke means you lose, everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has.

'There were, however, a few Patriots standing. Unfortunately, they need more than that respecting our Country and National Anthem. They should replace the wokesters with Patriots and start winning again.

Trump tears into the 'Leftist Maniacs' in the US women's national team | Daily Mail Online

Shocking that he still has no clue how sports work

'If our soccer team wasn't woke, they would have won gold': Trump tears into the 'Leftist Maniacs' in the US Women's National Team who finished with bronze and the 'woman with the purple hair who played terribly'

Donald Trump criticized the 'Leftist Maniacs' in the U.S. women's soccer team and said they would have won gold at the Tokyo Olympics if they weren't so 'woke' in a statement on Thursday morning.

'If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn’t woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze,' Trump said in the statement released through his Save America 45 PAC.

'Woke means you lose, everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has.

'There were, however, a few Patriots standing. Unfortunately, they need more than that respecting our Country and National Anthem. They should replace the wokesters with Patriots and start winning again.

Trump tears into the 'Leftist Maniacs' in the US women's national team | Daily Mail Online

Everybody knows the key to winning is not being woke.

Myth in your life, I get that. It is the best place to live, if it wasnt and you had the means to live elsewhere, then a logical person would.

I dont know anything about you getting the better of me. Your Vol analogy runs off the rails. I wouldnt compare the sports team I root for as having the same importance of where I live my life. They're actually not even in the same galaxy.

Myth in your life, I get that. It is the best place to live, if it wasnt and you had the means to live elsewhere, then a logical person would.

I dont know anything about you getting the better of me. Your Vol analogy runs off the rails. I wouldnt compare the sports team I root for as having the same importance of where I live my life. They're actually not even in the same galaxy.

It’s a valid point. Tennessee (or the U.S.) can be your favorite because of your connections to it, but that certainly doesn’t mean it’s objectively the best. You know better than this, it’s a dumb take even for you. A person born in France or Canada or Ghana or wherever tf else is overwhelmingly likely to continue to live there

Reactions: n_huffhines
That’s a dumb measure, every individual person is exponentially more likely to live in their country of origin (where their entire life, family and everyone they know is) as opposed to somewhere else

Lol, it would take a stupid person to not live in the best place, given the economic means to do so. You only get one life.

Your example is, this place isnt that great, but my kin are near me. That's rather pathetic.

Lol, it would take a stupid person to not live in the best place, given the economic means to do so. You only get one life.

Your example is, this place isnt that great, but my kin are near me. That's rather pathetic.

Or, you can see America as roughly comparable to a number of other countries, maybe worse than a few, but your entire life is here. You cannot be so dumb as to think the country one lives in is solely due to what they think is the objective best place with no personal or professional considerations whatsoever

And how is living near family "pathetic"? Abandoning your family and your SO's family to drag them across the world because you individually think some other place is marginally better sounds much more pathetic and selfish to me

Reactions: n_huffhines
Or, you can see America as roughly comparable to a number of other countries, maybe worse than a few, but your entire life is here. You cannot be so dumb as to think the country one lives in is solely due to what they think is the objective best place with no personal or professional considerations whatsoever

Oh, I am certainly not dumb. I get to live in what I believe is the best place. If others arent doing that, and are able, they are dumb.

Where is it you'd prefer to live if you could eliminate all the excuses from stopping you?

Can we get to the winter Olympics yet? I need my fill of people flying through the air with planks in their feet and people skating in circles with blades on their feet.

And hopefully commentors who will shut up and get out of the way.
Don't forget people pushing stones towards painted circles

Reactions: NashVol11 and AshG
Oh, I am certainly not dumb. I get to live in what I believe is the best place. If others arent doing that, and are able, they are dumb.

Where is it you'd prefer to live if you could eliminate all the excuses from stopping you?

Yes, **** everyone else in your circle that doesn't agree with you, **** your SO if they don't want to go move across an ocean, **** any negative consequences of moving your kids around the world, **** staying close to any family members with health problems, **** your job, **** any licensure requirements that come with your job (e.g. admission to practice law), **** any language barriers, **** your parents having proximity to/a relationship with your kids. None of that matters and the only consideration is my favorite spot. What are you, 7?

Yes, **** everyone else in your circle that doesn't agree with you, **** your job, **** any licensure requirements that come with your job (e.g. admission to practice law), **** any language barriers, **** your parents having proximity to/a relationship with your kids. None of that matters and the only consideration is my favorite spot. What are you, 7?

No, I am not an emotional basket case, aka 7, look at the post I quoted if you need to see that.

Yep, I am for living in the place i believe is best. Amazing concept.

No, I am not an emotional basket case, aka 7, look at the post I quoted if you need to see that.

Yep, I am for living in the place i believe is best. Amazing concept.

So is literally everyone, genius, but most people recognize that part of being an adult is taking into account the needs of your SO and kids (among other things) rather than ignoring literally every single person and responsibility in your life to prioritize only your individual whims. 7 is probably too generous, most people have grown out of "I want this and that's all that matters" by then

So is literally everyone, genius, but most people recognize that part of being an adult is taking into account the needs of your SO and kids (among other things) rather than ignoring literally every single person and responsibility in your life to prioritize only your individual whims. 7 is probably too generous, most people have grown out of "I want this and that's all that matters" by then

They have grown out of having their SO and kids live in the place they consider best?

Not sure you'll ever realize the stupidity involved in your ramblings.

They have grown out of having their SO and kids live in the place they consider best?

Not sure you'll ever realize the stupidity involved in your ramblings.

That assumes your SO agrees with you and is also fine up and leaving her family/job/life. This is just a mind-numbingly reductive and ignorant take and I suspect you're well aware

That assumes your SO agrees with you and is also fine up and leaving her family/job/life. This is just a mind-numbingly reductive and ignorant take and I suspect you're well aware

Yea, I'll never get your logic of "I love my family so much I raise them in the place I dont consider to be the best".

Genius level.

Yea, I'll never get your logic of "I love my family so much I raise them in the place I dont consider to be the best".

Genius level.

Yes. There are considerations beyond literally that one, which is obvious to anyone with a pulse. A slightly "worse" place can be more attractive to an individual because they are comfortable there, have friends there, know the language, have a job, or a million different reasons that don't make it an objectively better country (which I can't believe I'm having to explain to a grown man)

Yes. There are considerations beyond literally that one, which is obvious to anyone with a pulse. A slightly "worse" place can be more attractive to an individual because they are comfortable there, have friends there, know the language, have a job, or a million different reasons that don't make it an objectively better country (which I can't believe I'm having to explain to a grown man)

This is good. I will choose worse, cause it helps my feelz.

VN Store

Back