The Woke Olympics

Would you agree we look a little silly bragging we have more silver and bronzes than China? Ok, I get being happy we lead the overal medal count but to specifically say they may lead us in golds, but we lead them in silver and bronze reeks of desperation. It's sorta obvious if we lead the medal count.
I'm thinking you might need to check the definition of "desperation"

You've likely never been ranked remotely near the top 100

In the level I was competing in, yeah.

Your argument is asinine, of course if i were going into round of golf against Mcllroy I'd expect to get smoked. When I played football at Carson Newman if we were to have played UT I would have expected us to get smoked. We're talking about world class athletes competing against other world class athletes so I would expect them to have some expectation of being able to win. Competing against similar talent is what we are talking about.

Your argument is asinine, of course if i were going into round of golf against Mcllroy I'd expect to get smoked. When I played football at Carson Newman if we were to have played UT I would have expected us to get smoked. We're talking about world class athletes competing against other world class athletes so I would expect them to have some expectation of being able to win. Competing against similar talent is what we are talking about.

You do realize the level of individual genius on this board can't be matched? You will rarely get an "I'm wrong, you're right".

Would you agree we look a little silly bragging we have more silver and bronzes than China? Ok, I get being happy we lead the overal medal count but to specifically say they may lead us in golds, but we lead them in silver and bronze reeks of desperation. It's sorta obvious if we lead the medal count.

No one is “bragging we have more silver and bronzes,” they are stating we lead the overall medal count which is what most people usually look at first, and others are trying to pick it apart in a desperate and sad attempt to show that America is actually failing.

No one is “bragging we have more silver and bronzes,” they are stating we lead the overall medal count which is what most people usually look at first, and others are trying to pick it apart in a desperate and sad attempt to show that America is actually failing.
You aren't wearing "we have more silver and bronzes" American flag shirt today? Come on.

Women’s Soccer: Only One Player Stands Before Olympic Game For Bronze, Others Take Knee

GettyImages-1332473768.jpg

The U.S. women’s soccer team took a knee ostensibly in solidarity with the radical Black Lives Matter movement before the team’s game for bronze on Thursday — save for one player, Carli Lloyd.

Women’s Soccer: Only One Player Stands Before Olympic Game For Bronze, Others Take Knee

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1
Given their performance, maybe our women's national team should grab a dude or two, tape 'em up, and fix them up with some highlights and pixie cuts.
You may jest, but the USWNT will have a significant turn over during the next couple of years, and I will not be shocked if there multiple trans.

“Why not just build a brick wall in goal and say the bricks identify as a woman! Gahuck gahuck yay transphobia”

I agree with this take

Reactions: BreatheUT
Actually, looking at the overall count is considered an "American" thing. Most other countries rank medal count by number of gold medals won. Go to the Olympics homepage and click on medals. The first country listed is People's Republic of China. Why? Because they lead the gold medal count. It means they've won the most events.

Actually, looking at the overall count is considered an "American" thing. Most other countries rank medal count by number of gold medals won. Go to the Olympics homepage and click on medals. The first country listed is People's Republic of China. Why? Because they lead the gold medal count. It means they've won the most events.

Useless distinction given that we’re talking about the people in this thread, who are all American and thus would typically look at medal count first unless they were looking for reasons to **** on their own Olympic team

VN Store

Back