The Woke Olympics

Yup makes sense guys, people definitely just flip between genders for fun and to play sports
In this day and age where not only can you continue your sports career by “flipping” genders, you’re actually championed for it, you can’t honestly think that it’s not ever happened for exactly those two reasons.

In this day and age where not only can you continue your sports career by “flipping” genders, you’re actually championed for it, you can’t honestly think that it’s not ever happened for exactly those two reasons.

You definitely can honestly think that if you aren’t a trash human being. Did you choose to be straight to get ahead in life?

Useless distinction given that we’re talking about the people in this thread, who are all American and thus would typically look at medal count first unless they were looking for reasons to **** on their own Olympic team

It demonstrates that it is perfectly normal to use the gold medal count as the standard for who actually does best at the Olympics. The country with the most golds has won the most events. Silver and bronze medals are nice, and the winners of those medals should be proud of themselves, but they still didn't win their events. The country that wins the most events clearly has the best Olympics. Honestly, I don't see how that's even an argument.

It demonstrates that it is perfectly normal to use the gold medal count as the standard for who actually does best at the Olympics. The country with the most golds has won the most events. Silver and bronze medals are nice, and the winners of those medals should be proud of themselves, but they still didn't win their events. The country that wins the most events clearly has the best Olympics. Honestly, I don't see how that's even an argument.

If you don’t see how there’s an argument to view success by medal count as literally billions of people do, that’s on you and undermines your whole fake “reasonable middle ground, keep the convo honest” shtick

You definitely can honestly think that if you aren’t a trash human being. Did you choose to be straight to get ahead in life?
I'm sorry, did I name a particular person or make a blanket statement about every person that applies to? I haven't accused anyone of anything, I just think it's foolish to make your own blanket statement that no ever has, nor ever will, take advantage of that situation.

And whether or not it’s “perfectly normal to do so” does nothing to address the post you quoted, or why people in this particular thread are just now choosing to do so as it coincidentally supports the weak argument they want to make about American failure

If you don’t see how there’s an argument to view success by medal count as literally billions of people do, that’s on you and undermines your whole fake “reasonable middle ground, keep the convo honest” shtick
Who are these billions of people that do? The U.S. population is like 324-325 million. The majority of the rest of the world measures by who wins the most gold. It's why the Olympics homepage lists the gold medal leader first on the medals page. So where are you getting billions of people? You know who does have over a billion people? China. And I guarantee they look at the gold medal count as the true measuring stick.

If your idea of success is total medal count, fine. Mine is gold medal count. I've already explained why. Whoever has the most gold medals won the most events. It's logic.

I'm sorry, did I name a particular person or make a blanket statement about every person that applies to? I haven't accused anyone of anything, I just think it's foolish to make your own blanket statement that no ever has, nor ever will, take advantage of that situation.

“ACTUALLY, I bet at least one person in history has done so” is kind of a pointless statement to make unless you’re implying that it happens with some level of regularity or might happen with our soccer team as others suggested

And whether or not it’s “perfectly normal to do so” does nothing to address the post you quoted, or why people in this particular thread are just now choosing to do so as it coincidentally supports the weak argument they want to make about American failure
You are a very bitter person. I can't speak for everyone else, but I've always put more of an emphasis on gold medals when it comes to the Olympics. And we normally win that count at the Summer Games. Last time we didn't was 2008, the Beijing Games, where China had homefield advantage.

Who are these billions of people that do? The U.S. population is like 324-325 million. The majority of the rest of the world measures by who wins the most gold. It's why the Olympics homepage lists the gold medal leader first on the medals page. So where are you getting billions of people? You know who does have over a billion people? China. And I guarantee they look at the gold medal count as the true measuring stick.

If your idea of success is total medal count, fine. Mine is gold medal count. I've already explained why. Whoever has the most gold medals won the most events. It's logic.

And if you’re intentionally missing the point AGAIN by arguing billions vs. hundreds of millions and having your own conversation, that also undermines your fake “keep the conversation honest” shtick

And if you’re intentionally missing the point AGAIN by arguing billions vs. hundreds of millions and having your own conversation, that also undermines your fake “keep the conversation honest” shtick
You suck at evading. And trolling.

No, really, you do.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
You are a very bitter person. I can't speak for everyone else, but I've always put more of an emphasis on gold medals when it comes to the Olympics. And we normally win that count at the Summer Games. Last time we didn't was 2008, the Beijing Games, where China had homefield advantage.

Nothing bitter about saying that those who want to downplay America’s success are suddenly pretending like only gold matters, and if we were winning gold and losing medal count many would flip to talking about how we have less overall success than others

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Nothing bitter about saying that those who want to downplay America’s success are suddenly pretending like only gold matters, and if we were winning gold and losing medal count many would flip to talking about how we have less overall success than others
The gold medal count is what really matters, and who are you to talk about anyone "downplaying America's success" when you kept going on and on about how "America is not #1"?

Reactions: BreatheUT
You suck at evading. And trolling.

No, really, you do.

“Evading” would be

“Actually, only Americans look at medal count”
“Ok but this is a thread full of Americans so why did they stop now”
“…well, China does it”
“That didn’t answer my question”
“I THINK IT IS HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS BUT NOT BILLIONS”

Lol

“ACTUALLY, I bet at least one person in history has done so” is kind of a pointless statement to make unless you’re implying that it happens with some level of regularity or might happen with our soccer team as others suggested
Just an FYI, my statement was about questioning the nature of man as a whole and not an indictment against trans people. I think time will tell on the issue, but at the same time I don’t think it’s fair to make absolute arguments regardless of which side of the argument one falls on.

Reactions: BreatheUT
The riff comes in when the participants take a knee or turn their back on the flag. Personally, I quit watching the olympics this year because of what I saw from the hammer thrower and the womens soccer team. These people turned me and a lot of others away from watching and everyone else that was a patriot suffered.

“Evading” would be

“Actually, only Americans look at medal count”
“Ok but this is a thread full of Americans so why did they stop now”
“…well, it’s normal”
“That didn’t answer my question”
“I THINK IT IS HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS BUT NOT BILLIONS”

Lol
lmao

Did I say "all Americans"? I did not. I look at the gold medal count. Overall medals are nice, but gold medals are nicer. If you can't read context, you might want to work on reading comprehension. As for population, it is what it is. You said billions. There aren't billions of people in this country. And the reason some Americans put emphasis on total medal count over gold medals count is simply because they've been led to believe participation trophies matter.

lmao

Did I say "all Americans"? I did not. I look at the gold medal count. Overall medals are nice, but gold medals are nicer. If you can't read context, you might want to work on reading comprehension. As for population, it is what it is. You said billions. There aren't billions of people in this country. And the reason some Americans put emphasis on total medal count over gold medals count is simply because they've been led to believe participation trophies matter.

Lmaoooo what kind of idiocy is this. Silver and bronze aren’t participation trophies but I’ll remember this wild take next time you try to claim reasonable neutrality

Last edited:
Reactions: Septic
Lmaoooo what kind of dumbassery is this. Silver and bronze aren’t participation trophies but I’ll remember this wild take next time you try to claim reasonable neutrality
Nope, they aren't participation trophies, per se, but they are indicative of a second and third place finish, respectively. They are not the medals awarded to the actual winner of the event. You can't get much more neutral than fact and logic, which is what I just stated.

Nope, they aren't participation trophies, per se, but they are indicative of a second and third place finish, respectively. They are not the medals awarded to the actual winner of the event. You can't get much more neutral than fact and logic, which is what I just stated.

Turning medal count into a participation trophy rant is neither factual nor logical

Y’all know the guy that popularized “if you ain’t first, you’re last” was a fictional character intentionally depicted as a terrible person, right? Now people want to live by his opinions lol

The 40th best athlete in any event is absolutely elated with any medal. I do get it though. As Americans we're accustomed to being the best in a majority of events and expect to win the gold. That men's track has been so disappointing is the biggest factor for not leading the gold

Reactions: Wireless1
Or just suit up the boys 15U team that waxed the women's team.

Uh, what exactly do you mean by "waxing"? That has interesting implications ... even if I know what you mean.

VS, I might have known you'd get there first on this.

VN Store

Back