The Woke Olympics

Saying we're #1 doesn't make the U.S. more exceptional any more than Dooley's orange overalls made the Vols a good team

You do realize that every country you have listed which was France, England, Scotland, Ireland are heavily, heavily white.

You named zero African or Asian majority countries.

Your post keep saying these other countries are better. Is it because we aren’t white enough for you?

You do realize that every country you have listed which was France, England, Scotland, Ireland are heavily, heavily white.

Your post keep saying these other countries are better. Is it because we aren’t white enough for you?

Yes that’s definitely it

The gold medal count is what really matters, and who are you to talk about anyone "downplaying America's success" when you kept going on and on about how "America is not #1"?
Overall, America is far and away,
the best in most sports. It's not worthy of debate

Reactions: NEO

I lost track of which thread you mentioned your home in the Philippines - Isabela as I remember on Negros. I really enjoy playing around with Google Earth, so I took a look to see where that was. Did you know you can do street view there and virtually drive through the town? It's amazing how far those Google cam cars have roamed. Funny thing showed up, too. Google blurs faces, license plates, etc, but in one shot I saw a dog with its face blurred.

Reactions: StarRaider and NEO
Whoever wins the gold medal count has won the most competitions. There is no arguing that.
Chances are we make a late run at it. At least we'll close the gap and distance ourselves overall.

Track has been disappointing and it has nothing to do with being too "woke". Our usual dominance would have likely put us ahead in the gold. We didn't win as many in swimming, which also hurt

Reactions: BreatheUT
Chances are we make a late run at it. At least we'll close the gap and distance ourselves overall.
I'm hoping maybe we can overcome them on the last day, but we need a strong showing overnight to have that chance. The problem is there are still some events that they're favored to take, like diving. Can't remember if there's any ping pong left, but I think they have a couple of contenders in the various combat sports as well.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Seems to be.

You prefer a heavily gay white society. Your post keep reiterating it over and over again.

We all got preferences and it’s ok.

I accept you as you.

Walk me through the “accept” part of this post. You’re saying I’m gay and into white men if I like a European country more than the U.S.?

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
So overnight, we at least have chances to win gold in Men's basketball, baseball, Women's water polo, and Women's golf. Also, Kyle Snyder has a chance to win a wrestling gold. But China has men's platform diving plus two women in gold medal matches, one in wrestling, one in boxing.

There's some track and field events as well, but I'm not sure if either of us have any real contenders in those or not.

Final day of the Olympics, we'll have chances at gold in Women's basketball, Women's volleyball, and two different weight classes in Men's boxing.

Walk me through the “accept” part of this post. You’re saying I’m gay and into white men if I like a European country more than the U.S.?
I can’t stand the “America we are the best at everything!” Mentality either. These people are brainwashed. Sure we are great at some things but many things we lag behind in tremendously. We have the worst most corrupt healthcare system imaginable, people die due to illness bc they can’t afford the prices the joke of our healthcare system provides. Political money is deep in this area, they get rich off of this. America is also heavily closed minded, people here really think religion should be forced in schools, speaking of schools our school system is horrible as well. Several countries have better education than us.

Nothing bitter about saying that those who want to downplay America’s success are suddenly pretending like only gold matters, and if we were winning gold and losing medal count many would flip to talking about how we have less overall success than others

How about us winning both? I would suppose we can still win the gold medal count.

I can’t stand the “America we are the best at everything!” Mentality either. These people are brainwashed. Sure we are great at some things but many things we lag behind in tremendously. We have the worst most corrupt healthcare system imaginable, people die due to illness bc they can’t afford the prices the joke of our healthcare system provides. Political money is deep in this area, they get rich off of this. America is also heavily closed minded, people here really think religion should be forced in schools, speaking of schools our school system is horrible as well. Several countries have better education than us.
We need to improve our grade school system, but we have the best colleges and universities in the world. It's a paradox.

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64

You only seem to focus on gay rights in heavily white countries. Those are the ones you said are better. We mentioned cost of living and other aspects and you seemed not to care.

Again, I don’t care what your personal choice it.

I am simply saying you didn’t name a single middle eastern, Asian, or African country. That kinda makes you sound racist.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So overnight, we at least have chances to win gold in Men's basketball, baseball, Women's water polo, and Women's golf. Also, Kyle Snyder has a chance to win a wrestling gold. But China has men's platform diving plus two women in gold medal matches, one in wrestling, one in boxing.

There's some track and field events as well, but I'm not sure if either of us have any real contenders in those or not.

Final day of the Olympics, we'll have chances at gold in Women's basketball, Women's volleyball, and two different weight classes in Men's boxing.
Nelly is the real deal. Her sister is a top 15 player as well.

I lost track of which thread you mentioned your home in the Philippines - Isabela as I remember on Negros. I really enjoy playing around with Google Earth, so I took a look to see where that was. Did you know you can do street view there and virtually drive through the town? It's amazing how far those Google cam cars have roamed. Funny thing showed up, too. Google blurs faces, license plates, etc, but in one shot I saw a dog with its face blurred.

This is our house and some family members I don’t know lol. Been there twice. Never thought I would own a home I would never even see. Our room is literally locked and no one goes in but the maids once a week to dust. D46E2B5E-C1B5-4DF1-A9EA-40A42B68AD26.jpeg

You only seem to focus on gay rights in heavily white countries. Those are the ones you said are better. We mentioned cost of living and other aspects and you seemed not to care.

Again, I don’t care what your personal choice it.

I am simply saying you didn’t name a single middle eastern, Asian, or African country. That kinda makes you sound racist.

Oh I was just asking you to explain what you meant by “I accept you for you,” but I’m not surprised you backed away from it

This is our house and some family members I don’t know lol. Been there twice. Never thought I would own a home I would never even see. Our room is literally locked and no one goes in but the maids once a week to dust. View attachment 385240
I have a lot of Filipino friends that I grew up with and still visit on occasion. Have always enjoyed Filipino food too.

This is our house and some family members I don’t know lol. Been there twice. Never thought I would own a home I would never even see. Our room is literally locked and no one goes in but the maids once a week to dust. View attachment 385240

The house looks really nice; it's a shame you don't get to spend more time there. It looks like the big crop around there is sugar cane. If I had my way I'd just be itinerant and roam the globe ... mostly the warmer climates.

Track has been disappointing and it has nothing to do with being too "woke". Our usual dominance would have likely put us ahead in the gold. We didn't win as many in swimming, which also hurt

You mentioned mens track. Well womens track has been somewhat disappointing as well. We didn't medal in the 100M, and I'm not sure we medaled in the 200M but I'm not certain. I like what we've done in the field. I will say there were some swimming disappointments but we did get at least 30 medals.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I'm hoping maybe we can overcome them on the last day, but we need a strong showing overnight to have that chance. The problem is there are still some events that they're favored to take, like diving. Can't remember if there's any ping pong left, but I think they have a couple of contenders in the various combat sports as well.

Is rhythmic gymnastics and syncronized swimming still sports in the Olympics?

VN Store

Back