The WRASSLIN’ Thread

That’s the beautiful thing about wrestling you never know. I have a hard time believing that WWE would actually give him the platform to announce he’s leaving and quit especially if it’s for AEW, but who knows.
From what I saw online is that his contract with WWE actually ends this month.

Assuming it all hasn't turned into a work....

It's Tony's fault for not putting a stop to it. AEW is his company after all.
Kind of tough to put a stop to the antics of those he named Exectuive VP's. Same reason Cody left, letting Omega and friends run rampant is the biggest problem with that company. I'm actually glad Punk or Phil pushes back. They deserve it.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I thought Page was part of Omegas inner circle.
He runs with the Elite at times. But he's not an EVP, wasn't involved in the brawl, and hasn't said anything about Punk since before that. Punk has given him his reciept about 3 times for what he "did" now too, not including running him down to the live audience at this show.

Daniels was present at the brawl and is an EVP. But I have yet to hear even a rumor about him "running roughshod" over anyone. He's one of the most respected guys in the industry. It seems like Punk is just being petty about Ace Steel not being at shows.

Nemeth isn't associated with the Elite at all. He apparently made a crack on Twitter that Punk didn't like, and it's been previously addressed.

There are reports of this happening to Matt Hardy the same night. I have no idea what he did to Punk. I know him and Jeff don't like each other.

Page, Hardy, and Nemeth were scheduled to be there and made the trip for nothing. Daniels is the VP of talent relations and should be at events.

If this is a "shoot" it's textbook workplace retaliation and it's not even against those "at fault".

Say what you want about The Elite. This is a terrible look for AEW and Tony Kahn no matter which side you're on.

He runs with the Elite at times. But he's not an EVP, wasn't involved in the brawl, and hasn't said anything about Punk since before that. Punk has given him his reciept about 3 times for what he "did" now too, not including running him down to the live audience at this show.

Daniels was present at the brawl and is an EVP. But I have yet to hear even a rumor about him "running roughshod" over anyone. He's one of the most respected guys in the industry. It seems like Punk is just being petty about Ace Steel not being at shows.

Nemeth isn't associated with the Elite at all. He apparently made a crack on Twitter that Punk didn't like, and it's been previously addressed.

There are reports of this happening to Matt Hardy the same night. I have no idea what he did to Punk. I know him and Jeff don't like each other.

Page, Hardy, and Nemeth were scheduled to be there and made the trip for nothing. Daniels is the VP of talent relations and should be at events.

If this is a "shoot" it's textbook workplace retaliation and it's not even against those "at fault".

Say what you want about The Elite. This is a terrible look for AEW and Tony Kahn no matter which side you're on.
I'm sure he is upset his buddy isn't there and he's taking it out on them. I'm just not sure the blame only lies on his side.

With Tony, I'm just not sure what he's supposed to do to guys who have control within the company. If they walk out he's screwed.

I guess he could fire Punk, but that's a terrible look imo.

Reactions: knoxvol52

Nemeth has a pretty big part in Being The Elite on the Bucks YouTube show every week. I don't know if Punk holds that against him too or if Punk is just being himself, you know, hard to get along with.

I'm sure he is upset his buddy isn't there and he's taking it out on them. I'm just not sure the blame only lies on his side.

With Tony, I'm just not sure what he's supposed to do to guys who have control within the company. If they walk out he's screwed.

I guess he could fire Punk, but that's a terrible look imo.
I have no idea what goes on back stage with The Elite. I will say, they sure don't push themselves to the top of the card as much as you'd expect.

The fact that Mox continues to work with them says a lot to me. He is arguably the biggest star in the company and can work anywhere he wants. He doesn't have to put up with anything and doesn't strike me as the sort that would. You could say similar things about Claudio and Danielson as well. I'm not saying Kenny and The Bucks are saints. Few wrestlers are. But they don't seem to have issues getting along with anyone else.

Punk on the other hand has heat with The Elite, The Hardys, Colt Cabana, Eddie Kingston, The Miz, Cody(allegedly), Bobby Fish, Kenta, HHH, Mox(or at least did in March), and AJ dang Styles. Who has heat with AJ? I guess he can add Nemeth and Christopher Daniels to that list now too.

I have no idea what Tony should do. Firing Punk is a bad look. But so was bringing him back. The latter looks worse every time something like this happens. If Phil would just chill for a bit it would blow over.

Last edited:
A lot of internal problems within AEW leading to all of this. Punk goes out and does the typical worked shoot promos that made him popular back during the infamous pipebomb. However,like the post show promo talking about Page, it backfires,and has several people upset.I'm sure Tony allows a lot of leeway with his top guys and the Elite..... Maybe a little too much. This might however be a huge work.

One thing is for certain,it's got everyone talking.

I have no idea what goes on back stage with The Elite. I will say, they sure don't push themselves to the top of the card as much as you'd expect.

The fact that Mox continues to work with them says a lot to me. He is arguably the biggest star in the company and can work anywhere he wants. He doesn't have to put up with anything and doesn't strike me as the sort that would. You could say similar things about Claudio and Danielson as well. I'm not saying Kenny and The Bucks are saints. Few wrestlers are. But they don't seem to have issues getting along with anyone else.

Punk on the other hand has heat with The Elite, The Hardys, Colt Cabana, Eddie Kingston, The Miz, Cody(allegedly), Bobby Fish, Kenta, HHH, Mox(or at least did in March), and AJ dang Styles. Who has heat with AJ? I guess he can add Nemeth and Christopher Daniels to that list now too.

I have no idea what Tony should do. Firing Punk is a bad look. But so was bringing him back. The latter looks worse every time something like this happens. If Phil would just chill for a bit it would blow over.
All of this. Smoke and fire.

I would like to see L.A. Knight get a run at a title in WWE really don't care if he wins it but the back and forth verbage would be great between him and Seth Rollins...

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back