Time to go on record... Pre-Season Predictions

well, i know you've all been waiting for it since i was spot on last year, so here goes:

10-3 final record.

the only L that i think is a sure thing is FL. I just can't see us going in to G'ville and coming out with a W. if we do win i won't be shocked, I just can't expect it at this point.

the other two to come from any of the following....Cal, UGA, BAma, SC. between us and these four teams, right now, there's not much distinguishing them from the other. the one that i would be most disapointed in would be Bama, as i do think we still have a talent edge on thme right now. but being at bama, with all the hype, i can see NS winning a game or two that they might not should have....I think we get a W against ARk in K'ville this year, and KY, despite the improvement on offense, still has that same old KY defense.

we win our bowl game.....likley the chik fil a, outback or cotton.

12-2 and Capital One? i guess you're figuring on losing 1 reg season game, and the SEC Title game and winning the bowl huh?

last year 24 points would have won, or at least forced overtime ten games.

I like that he shoots for 30 points per game, but I beleive that a team with a good defense would not need to score that much.

I hate to disagree but UT wins 10+ when they score over 400 pts in a season. During the Fulmer era, I think there's only been one year when this wasn't true. Against stiff competition, 26 or 30 is a good goal to ensure a win... but to be that good you need to be hanging 50 on the lesser teams you play.

Sept. 1at CaliforniaWSept. 8Southern MissWSept. 15at FloridaWSept. 22Arkansas StateWOct. 6GeorgiaLOct. 13at Mississippi StateWOct. 20at AlabamaLOct. 27South CarolinaWNov. 3Louisiana-Lafayette (HC)WNov. 10ArkansasWNov. 17VanderbiltWNov. 24at KentuckyWDec. 1SEC ChampionshipSEC Champs over LSU
Beat FSU in Sugar Bowl

9-3 regular season. IMO we're likely to lose to Florida, Alabama, and one of (in order of probability) UGA, Cal, KY. I think we beat SC and Arkansas at home.

At this point it would be hard to pick us to win a bowl game, so a final record of 9-4. We're having the same arguments all over again next offseason.

9-3.....once again we land squarely in the middle of the pack and again the majority of Vol fans will be placated and Fulmer will hang on to his job by doing just enough

For some reason I'm not worried about any part of our team this year. I think the DL will have good depth come 9/1/07.

:)

alaska-fishing.jpg

10-3, win in Peach bowl

Cal - W - Newcomers contribute, we win a mistake filled game
USM - W - narrowly, classic lackluster trap game
Florida - L (arghh) Fulmer continues to get owned
Ark St - W
Georgia - W finally beat the 'dawgs in Neyland again
at Miss St - W in another lackluster performance
at Alabama - L Fulmer & Co no match for superior coaching and passion
South Carolina - L outcoached again, storm clouds brewing
LuLa - W - take out frustration on the cajuns
Arkansas - W - Fulmer stays his employment with an impressive win over the hogs in Neyland
Vandy - W - Working on another 20 years
at Kentucky - W - we escape again

Peach Bowl - W - We finally win in the GA dome again against Wake Forest in a game no one cares about.

VN Store

Back