USM - W - narrowly, classic lackluster trap game
Florida - L (arghh) Fulmer continues to get owned
Ark St - W
Georgia - W finally beat the 'dawgs in Neyland again
at Miss St - W in another lackluster performance
at Alabama - L Fulmer & Co no match for superior coaching and passion
South Carolina - L outcoached again, storm clouds brewing
LuLa - W - take out frustration on the cajuns
Arkansas - W - Fulmer stays his employment with an impressive win over the hogs in Neyland
Vandy - W - Working on another 20 years
at Kentucky - W - we escape again

Peach Bowl - W - We finally win in the GA dome again against Wake Forest in a game no one cares about.
this may be closer to the truth than i care to think.:thumbsup:

...and I'm really really hoping I'm wrong about at least the Florida game.
well, i picked 10-3, with a bowl win this time.

the FL game is the only game i'm calling an L right now.

now, the other two games you got, Bama and SC, both give me prolly the same feeling you got.

but i got to telly you, a 10 win season losing to those three teams would absolutely suck.

from a divisional standpoint, i'd rather lose to Cal, Bama and FL than all three SEC Games....

i don't know....this is just killing me. one week i feel really good, the next, skeptical as hell.

i'm ready to see 'em play.:rock:

well, i picked 10-3, with a bowl win this time.

the FL game is the only game i'm calling an L right now.

now, the other two games you got, Bama and SC, both give me prolly the same feeling you got.

but i got to telly you, a 10 win season losing to those three teams would absolutely suck.

from a divisional standpoint, i'd rather lose to Cal, Bama and FL than all three SEC Games....

i don't know....this is just killing me. one week i feel really good, the next, skeptical as hell.

i'm ready to see 'em play.:rock:

I'm the same way, up and down. We definitely have the potential to be good. Unfortunately, there is also the realist side of me that has been jaded by our subpar performance over the past several years. I'd rather expect a decent season and be surprised by a great season than expect the great season and be disappointed again.

Regardless, its the time of the year to be optmistic so I'm going to focus on the positives. GO VOLS!

I'm the same way, up and down. We definitely have the potential to be good. Unfortunately, there is also the realist side of me that has been jaded by our subpar performance over the past several years. I'd rather expect a decent season and be surprised by a great season than expect the great season and be disappointed again.

Regardless, its the time of the year to be optmistic so I'm going to focus on the positives. GO VOLS!
i've had a much harder time of that lately.....good luck to you in that endeavour........

How many of these threads are we going to have? If we can get up to 13 or 14 I think I can cover all the bases and then claim omnipotence in January. For the official record such as it is I say 7-6 with regular season losses to Cal, UF, UGA, SC and KY coupled with an embarassing loss in the Music City or Liberty Bowl.

should I load the gun for you, or can you handle the suicide yourself? :no::)

9-3.....once again we land squarely in the middle of the pack and again the majority of Vol fans will be placated and Fulmer will hang on to his job by doing just enough

Rex, this is my biggest fear! A losing season would be only marginally worse, imo. I pray you're wrong on this one. Speaking of prayer, how's things at TC?

bsi-93056.gif

0-1
usm
1-1
http://www.gatorzone.com/football/images/sun42/1176586690.jpg
1-2

and the third loss will be

http://www.bamapride.com/images/random/28.jpg

Reposting I guess...

SEC Champs, Sugar Bowl loss to Louisville.

Definately will win Florida. Final record of... 11-3?

So does hatvol ever post predictions on threads like these? haha

....and if we average 30 points per game as a few of you were discussing, you can pencil us into a BCS Bowl either as an at large or SEC Champion.

Worst Case Scenario: 8-4

Best Case Scenario- 10-2(East Champions)

*I'm not going to make a bowl game prediction considering there is no way of knowing who we'll play. Thus making it pointless.

The way I see it:

(S) = swing game that could go either way

@ Cal - L (S)
USM - W
@ Florida- L (S)
Ark St.- W
UGA- W
@ Miss St- W
@ Bama- W
USC- W (S)
La Laf- W
Arky- W (S)
Vandy- W
@ UK- W

I see no reason why we SHOULDN'T dominate Cal again, but logic tells me that we have issues that may end up haunting us early on in the season. This game somewhat reminds me of UCLA in 1994. Maybe it's just because it's on the West Coast, but I dunno....

I think we could lose to Cal and Florida, then run the table and end up in Atlanta. There are several notable "Swing" games on the schedule and with the "ifs" we have out there, I just can't figure out if we're going to be 8-4 or 10-2 at the end of the regular season.

I'm optimistic, but I think it might take us the first half of the season to REALLY get it figured out and for a few guys to step up. With the BYE week right before Georgia, I think they may end up coming into a very bad situation. haha

Vols 10-2 and a trip to Atlanta.

Well I picture this
Week 1 we go into Cal and blow up their D-line. After pounding them into submission we open up the air attack.

Week 2 we get a little ahead of ourselves and need a solid second half to beat down USM.

Week 3 Our now ready and explosive WR core blooms and we tear apart a young FLA D. Chavis unleashes schemes that make TEBOW look like tebow.

Week 4 We express our new found hope and excitement by resurrecting a beat down like ones from times long past. AKST

Week 5 On this week the lord said rest and prepare for the coming fleas.

Week 6 Stafford comes out and shows an overly confident Tennessee what all the hype about him is about. A Dog fight ensues. I can't call it or maybe I do not want to this is our need a break game.

Week 7 M.S. makes its case for being replaced in the SEC. We apply some lubricant because who said we have no mercy.

Week 8 After a week of ESPN BS on how the Tide is for real and UT is lucky playing such a weak schedule. And oh yes they will say it. Tennessee comes out angry and Wilson has under 100 passing, Tide under 50 rushing. ESPN suddenly notices we are pretty good. But our schedule is not quite tough enough unlike West Virginia's.

Week 9 Spurrier comes to town and has already announced he is leaving SC. SC has no passion and lays down for us. A traditional SC and UT game.

Week 10 LL do I have to say, I do not speak of the already deceased.

Week 11 Arky comes to down. McFadden is having a great year but Arky has lost faith in its coach. It is a one man team. A few highlights reeled off by DM but Ainge and Hef prove too much. Crompton plays most of the second half and has some revenge.

Week 12 Vandy will not let us sleep but is like a dachshund attempting to mount a mastiff. We shake them off and continue the march.

Week 13 Kentucky comes in with dreams of ruin but Tenn. has come to far to let the dream go. A beat down results and Crompton gets some more playing time.

Week 14 we rest and wait assuming if we beat Auburn next week we get a national title bid.

Week 15 Auburn plays us conservative and tough it comes down to a field goal. We win but ESPN spins that because the game was close we are overrated and have weaknesses at QB and Free Safety. Thus, Michigan a traditional power house gets the bid.

Sugar Bowl We make people wonder why WV was in the top 25. Suddenly everyone realizes the Big East really blows as always.

Ainge is picked in the early second round in the Draft.

Week 2 we get a little ahead of ourselves and need a solid second half to beat down USM.

^^^^Do not sleep on Southern Miss. They'll be solid this year and if they pulled this upset, they may go undefeated and they know it.

10-2 regular season
with a win over Ohio State in the Capitol One Bowl

so finish the season 11-2

I can barely type that one of the losses will be in the Swamp, then we lose one of the SC or Ark game

Well I picture this
Week 1 we go into Cal and blow up their D-line. After pounding them into submission we open up the air attack.

You do realize that our air attack is rubber bands compared to our arrows of last year. :ermm:

11-1 Regy Season...we beat FLA mainly because we don't have a bye week before them...but we do turn around and lay an egg at either (gulp) Bama or SC...

Lose to LSU in SECC...

Win in bowl...

Fulmer retires after a "redeeming" season...

VN Store

Back