TN #3 on Rivals, Negavols on Suicide Watch!

if you have a source for tickets you should definitely go as getting them has gotten much harder over the last 15 years. i have a place to stay but the lottery only comes through every one in a while.

No source. Got them from a customer I do work for in 2012 because he had won them in the lottery, but had a friend give him tickets to a better day. This year the lottery just came through for me. That's why I was saying spend my $1000-1500 to go to a couple days at the Masters. The Monday practice round tickets were going for close to $500 the first time I was down there.

On the subject of negavols, I'll use this analogy....negavols are like termites...they serve a useful purpose eating rotting wood. That's great when they're in your yard or a forest...if you have a structure that should be condemned they're a great excuse to tear it down and start over...but when you're building a shiny new shrine..BRICK BY BRICK...you don't want them messing your future home up...so you want them gone...dig a trench in the dirt from which they come...pour some termidor and let them die slowly...kick in the trench and enjoy your new home!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
On the subject of negavols, I'll use this analogy....negavols are like termites...they serve a useful purpose eating rotting wood. That's great when they're in your yard or a forest...if you have a structure that should be condemned they're a great excuse to tear it down and start over...but when you're building a shiny new shrine..BRICK BY BRICK...you don't want them messing your future home up...so you want them gone...dig a trench in the dirt from which they come...pour some termidor and let them die slowly...kick in the trench and enjoy your new home!

Who is a negavol now? What is it now? Before it was someone that wanted the trainwreck of a coach we had off the sidelines. The negavols were right about Dooley. My loyalty is to the university and the coach earns my loyalty by how well his team performs representing the university. If the hired gun on the sidelines makes my alma mater look as ridiculous as it has the past three seasons then I absolutely want him gone. I haven't seen anyone calling for Jones to be fired. Some are cautious in getting their hopes up for him and many wanted a different hire but I don't think anyone thinks he is doing anything but the right things now.

Haha it really is crazy how great Butch is doing on the Crootin Trail. Keep kinda waiting for the shoe to drop but man I'm starting to think this thing might be real! GO VOLS

Haha it really is crazy how great Butch is doing on the Crootin Trail. Keep kinda waiting for the shoe to drop but man I'm starting to think this thing might be real! GO VOLS

I'm beginning to believe

Last edited:
Gonna go with you Oregon. He was awful. 3 years worth of sample size confirms that. Luck had nothing to do with the LSU loss in particular. Just really bad coaching and preparation.

Really bad preparation and bad coaching?? He took LSU in BR to the final sec in his first year. LSU in BR!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how many of yall have been to BR for a game but the field isn't flat but more of a mound. I was at that game on the 4th row 35-30 yd line UT side and same side that play happened on. It was CHATOTIC during those last seconds so putting all blame on one guy that went into BR in his first season to give them a game isn't fair. Young excited players is a mistake that could happen. Throw on top the inability to have a clear view too. To many factors involved for people to hold on to this for so long. Grudge hold much yall???

Yalls hate for the guy clouds any opinion. It all comes down to that game that he never lived down and yall act as if he is the only coach ever to have that happen. It would have been better to just have gotten spanked in that game imo. I remember walking out of that game and a bunch of fans telling me that we should have won that game. Even before the game all I heard is "we'll trade u miles for dooley" all tailgate. Cause they had a good impression of him at LA Tech.

Anyway...let the vultures come at me. GBO!!!

Really bad preparation and bad coaching?? He took LSU in BR to the final sec in his first year. LSU in BR!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how many of yall have been to BR for a game but the field isn't flat but more of a mound. I was at that game on the 4th row 35-30 yd line UT side and same side that play happened on. It was CHATOTIC during those last seconds so putting all blame on one guy that went into BR in his first season to give them a game isn't fair. Young excited players is a mistake that could happen. Throw on top the inability to have a clear view too. To many factors involved for people to hold on to this for so long. Grudge hold much yall???

Yalls hate for the guy clouds any opinion. It all comes down to that game that he never lived down and yall act as if he is the only coach ever to have that happen. It would have been better to just have gotten spanked in that game imo. I remember walking out of that game and a bunch of fans telling me that we should have won that game. Even before the game all I heard is "we'll trade u miles for dooley" all tailgate. Cause they had a good impression of him at LA Tech.

Ah, taking a quality opponent down to the wire. A feat he never managed to duplicate.

Personally I can't recall any other coach ever losing a game because his team had 13 players on the field on the game's deciding play. Add that to "Lost to a team with no QB on it's roster" to the list of embarrassing debacles that I can't recall happening to any other major college coach in my lifetime.

Actually, the saying at La Tech about Dools was "for a head coach, he's a really good athletic director..."

Actually, the saying at La Tech about Dools was "for a head coach, he's a really good athletic director..."

Haha!...have you missed Oskie as much as I have KB?

Haha!...have you missed Oskie as much as I have KB?

Pretty much. Gotta admit every time I post in a thread about Dooley, about half the motivation is to bait Oskievolum a little bit and get him going...he stayed away too long before today.

Who is a negavol now? What is it now? Before it was someone that wanted the trainwreck of a coach we had off the sidelines. The negavols were right about Dooley. My loyalty is to the university and the coach earns my loyalty by how well his team performs representing the university. If the hired gun on the sidelines makes my alma mater look as ridiculous as it has the past three seasons then I absolutely want him gone. I haven't seen anyone calling for Jones to be fired. Some are cautious in getting their hopes up for him and many wanted a different hire but I don't think anyone thinks he is doing anything but the right things now.

You know what they say, if you're looking around the table wondering who the sucker is .....

Negavols, whining after CBJ hire, knowing absolutely nothing about him except he wasn't John Gruden. Whining because CBJ couldn't sign a top-5 recruiting class in 31 days. Whining because Tee Martin stayed at USC. Whining because Jay Graham left. Whining whining whining until they realized they had no concept of what kind of coach 17-18 year old kids want to play for.

Cautiously optimistic is much different than immediately criticizing someone you know absolutely nothing about. That's what I read on this board ... a whole lot of Negavols immediately criticizing everything the man did, only later to eat crow. I'm with OP ... don't hear much from those guys anymore? They're probably on the basketball board attacking Cuonzo.

Do we seriously forget that Dooley did the exact same thing his first year of recruiting. Obviously we all hope this turns differently. But literally go back to 2010 you would not be able to tell the difference between this thread and the threads about Dooley then and how he gets "it", and we had a top 10 class. I know this comes off negatively but I'm simply saying I am going to wait until I see a product on the field to make conclusions. The spring game was not encouraging.
Dooley didn't put together a top 10 class? After Kiffin left he took over held the guys already committed and received the biggest commitments of the class.

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2010 Tennessee Commitments

Last edited:
Do we seriously forget that Dooley did the exact same thing his first year of recruiting. Obviously we all hope this turns differently. But literally go back to 2010 you would not be able to tell the difference between this thread and the threads about Dooley then and how he gets "it", and we had a top 10 class. I know this comes off negatively but I'm simply saying I am going to wait until I see a product on the field to make conclusions. The spring game was not encouraging.

Dooley did not do this.

If he had, the spring game you just mentioned as "not encouraging", would have looked the opposite.

You better watch your back coming on this message board and posting logic and reason like that. IMO, Jones is doing well in recruiting so far, but like you pointed out, the comments posted about Jones are indistinguishable from the slurping of Dooley that took place prior to the 2010 season. I'll wait to make any judgements till after the season. As of now, there things about Jones resume that impress me and others that give me great concern.

Reactions: 3 people
I had the greatest post of all time in my head, but it got blown away when someone mentioned what a great job CDD had tried to do/could have done.

Wut. Seriously, WUT.

You know what they say, if you're looking around the table wondering who the sucker is .....

Negavols, whining after CBJ hire, knowing absolutely nothing about him except he wasn't John Gruden. Whining because CBJ couldn't sign a top-5 recruiting class in 31 days. Whining because Tee Martin stayed at USC. Whining because Jay Graham left. Whining whining whining until they realized they had no concept of what kind of coach 17-18 year old kids want to play for.

Cautiously optimistic is much different than immediately criticizing someone you know absolutely nothing about. That's what I read on this board ... a whole lot of Negavols immediately criticizing everything the man did, only later to eat crow. I'm with OP ... don't hear much from those guys anymore? They're probably on the basketball board attacking Cuonzo.

My definition of a negavol is a negative person with a negative interest in OUR program...they're not trolls...who are fans of other programs...negavols might be disgruntled former Vol fans...an example, I have family members who have wished nothing but failure on UT since the Majors ouster...their fuel was the perceived Fulmer backstabbing...five years after Fulmer's firing, they can't turn it off...they don't root for any other school...just revel in any lack of success...hate and negativity is self-sustaining and serves no purpose...fans who are skeptics,doubters or the wait and see type don't fall under this label...of course this is my take...hope it smacks true.

Ah, taking a quality opponent down to the wire. A feat he never managed to duplicate.

Personally I can't recall any other coach ever losing a game because his team had 13 players on the field on the game's deciding play. Add that to "Lost to a team with no QB on it's roster" to the list of embarrassing debacles that I can't recall happening to any other major college coach in my lifetime.

Cool man so u can't remember when a coach lost a game because of something stupid so it has never happened. Got it bud.

U do know that that WR turned QB was actually a HS QB turned WR in right?? So the guy was an athlete and had a basic understanding of the position. Second, don't forget that Phillips hid their QB situation until game time. So preparation was difficult.

Anyway, the D didn't lose that game. They did their job. The O had key mistakes that were made by the players that should have put the game away. Also don't forget that bad fumble call by the refs on KYs TD drive. Throw in the credible rumors that bray and DR didn't want to play in a crappy bowl.

You better watch your back coming on this message board and posting logic and reason like that. IMO, Jones is doing well in recruiting so far, but like you pointed out, the comments posted about Jones are indistinguishable from the slurping of Dooley that took place prior to the 2010 season. I'll wait to make any judgements till after the season. As of now, there things about Jones resume that impress me and others that give me great concern.
what gives you concern?

Cool man so u can't remember when a coach lost a game because of something stupid so it has never happened. Got it bud.

U do know that that WR turned QB was actually a HS QB turned WR in right?? So the guy was an athlete and had a basic understanding of the position. Second, don't forget that Phillips hid their QB situation until game time. So preparation was difficult.

Anyway, the D didn't lose that game. They did their job. The O had key mistakes that were made by the players that should have put the game away. Also don't forget that bad fumble call by the refs on KYs TD drive. Throw in the credible rumors that bray and DR didn't want to play in a crappy bowl.

Soooo? Joker out coached Dooley...in a lot less wordage.

what gives you concern?

The fact that he has no SEC experience and hired a staff full of guys who also have little to no SEC experience. Also the fact that all his success came immediately in the wake of Brian Kelly building things up and then leaving for a better job. Are either of these concerns valid? I have no idea, just a couple of things that have been worrying me since we hired him. As of today though, he's hardly put a foot wrong.

My challenge stands. Name another coach in your lifetime who lost a game to a team with no QB. I bet you can't do it.

Either way, keep on defending your boy. All the rest of us have know for a while that he's a joke.

The fact you just tried to justify a loss to Kentucky tells me all I need to know.

Reactions: 4 people
The fact you just tried to justify a loss to Kentucky tells me all I need to know.

I'm not interested in the Dooley discussion but that UK loss had nothing to do with their WR turned QB. Yeah UT sucked that day but every time I read "lost to a team with no QB" I wonder if that person really watched the game

VN Store

Back