TN #3 on Rivals, Negavols on Suicide Watch!

Just a beer and chat. And I'll buy. Just need to make sure they have natty light or black label for him.

Natty Light! Every time I think of natty's it takes me back the early '90's where the Walgreen's (I think) on the strip sold it for $4 a 12-pack.

Hell, it may have been $4 per case back then. There was a drugstore on the West end of the strip in a shopping plaza...I think it's a bookstore now.

Drink all weekend for $8!

Natty Light! Every time I think of natty's it takes me back the early '90's where the Walgreen's (I think) on the strip sold it for $4 a 12-pack.

Hell, it may have been $4 per case back then. There was a drugstore on the West end of the strip in a shopping plaza...I think it's a bookstore now.

Drink all weekend for $8!

We'd give plasma, eat cookies and OJ, then take half our money and buy Black Label beer, which makes me dry heave thinking about it. Then we'd spend the rest on rally burger combo's for 99 cents and eat for a week

We'd give plasma, eat cookies and OJ, then take half our money and buy Black Label beer, which makes me dry heave thinking about it. Then we'd spend the rest on rally burger combo's for 99 cents and eat for a week

NICE!

It's amazing how far we could stretch 10-20 bucks in college. Like you said, give plasma, $0.99 meals, cheap beer, etc.

Some guy left an open Black Label in my fridge (which was unplugged) over the summer. NASTY!

Am I the only one that's doing the math here? 3.36 average but more recruits than the others therefore enough points to place 3rd nine months away from actual signing day. This is what the OP is bragging about? Every SEC school in the top 25 and USC have higher averages per recruit and by Feb will have full classes just like us.
I promise you the coaches don't recruit a kid based on how many stars these ***acta recruiting services give them.
Its about as dumb as an NFL GM using Mel Kipers list to draft his team.
I know that our class is better than most SEC teams at this point just by having Hurd and TKjr on board.
Trust Butch and stop worrying about BS!

Am I the only one that's doing the math here? 3.36 average but more recruits than the others therefore enough points to place 3rd nine months away from actual signing day. This is what the OP is bragging about? Every SEC school in the top 25 and USC have higher averages per recruit and by Feb will have full classes just like us.
I promise you the coaches don't recruit a kid based on how many stars these ***acta recruiting services give them.
I know that our class is better than most SEC teams at this point just by having Hurd and TKjr on board.

If we take 30, then we will be in good shape as far as the rankings go. Its not a huge deal to me because ultimately we just need the right guys. But if I understand correctly Rivals just takes the top 20 guys. We should have a larger pool to choice from at that point.

Some of these kids we have will be rated higher by Feb.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Okay, I'll take your word that you just joined in November.

And yeah, I have been critical of this staff in the past. I didn't see anything worth praising about their 2013 class (and I still don't). And until they actually sign a highly ranked class, I'll still have question marks about their ability to recruit, which is more than fair, given that most of them (our recruiting coordinator in particular) haven't recruited at a high level in the past. But I never said that they couldn't do it, so please stop putting words in my mouth.

Just jogging your memory. I'll let it go now. Btw, so appreciative you took my word for it.

Just jogging your memory. I'll let it go now. Btw, so appreciative you took my word for it.

I realize you're being sarcastic, but you have to admit it's a little fishy when someone shows up for the first time the same month Dooley is fired and immediately seems to be posting every day. Sort of screams "name change".

Reactions: 1 person
True. This class so far can't be spun negatively in any way. This class is very good.

I fear we'll have some turnover in this class (guys backing out) if we don't produce in the 2013 season. We don't have to win 10 games, but we have to play lights out and competitively. Good news is most of these guys are legacy recruits, so even if we have an awful season I bet they'll hang around.

I realize you're being sarcastic, but you have to admit it's a little fishy when someone shows up for the first time the same month Dooley is fired and immediately seems to be posting every day. Sort of screams "name change".

I joined in November after Dooley was fired cause of a buddy of mine who told me about the forum. Wanted insight on the new coach search. Nothing more. I struggled just to come up with the very creative name that I now employ. Scout's honor.

Or he was just awful. I mean, it wasn't a leprechaun who couldn't get the right number of players on the field countless times.

Oh I know he's awful and by no means am "defending him", I just mean that guy seriously never has the ball bounce his way. Look at the '98 season and how truly lucky we were in so many instances. The ball NEVER bounced Dooley's way and to top it off, he sucked @ss at coaching. End result? He's filthy rich. Maybe engineering was the wrong profession, I should've been a coach!

I joined in November after Dooley was fired cause of a buddy of mine who told me about the forum. Wanted insight on the new coach search. Nothing more. I struggled just to come up with the very creative name that I now employ. Scout's honor.

Good God man, you've been here since Nov and have almost 3,000 posts!?:clapping:

Or he was just awful. I mean, it wasn't a leprechaun who couldn't get the right number of players on the field countless times.

Gonna go with you Oregon. He was awful. 3 years worth of sample size confirms that. Luck had nothing to do with the LSU loss in particular. Just really bad coaching and preparation.

Add that to him not having a clue how to be a Head Coach and you get what we had at UT the past few years.

Volbeef what is your projection on where we will be in year 2 and year 3?

Sparty tells me that you are basically a fortune teller.

Good news is most of these guys are legacy recruits, so even if we have an awful season I bet they'll hang around.

also and unfortunately the fact that they are legacies may take a little of the shine off of CBJ's recruiting prowess

Volbeef what is your projection on where we will be in year 2 and year 3?

Sparty tells me that you are basically a fortune teller.

Only time will tell. But I'm confident we will at worst be headed in the right direction.

Below are the posters that were pro-dooley or on the fence after the Missouri game.

865dude, Anubis, B-17 Pilot, BearBryant, Big Orange Slim, Brianchevy, coachwgh, cosgrove, DarthVisor, DC Vol, ELMAGNIFICO, gorockytop, joeydupree, mad4vols, majorvol, mlsoft, Mullet Vol, OJ, Oskie Volum, petebee50, PuntBamaPunt, ric1958, robed20, rocket31, rockytop12345, State of the Vols, steelmagnolia, TNDRIVER, ut 4 me, utlaw33, VOLfan267, volfanecs, Volz4lif3, whocaresgobobcats,2vol0, Bamajohn, BanditVol, carolinaviking, crnanancy, darbievol, drodvol, gulliver, hmhawk, knoxtnguy, knoxtownvol, NWFLVOL, OrangeIV, pianoko, rebelghost, RLJ, SolidRockGolf, stephenk24, tbulla, TennGirl0723, threedollarpants, TnTech_Vol, ToptheTerrible, VolFan68, volfanatic74, VOLINVONORE, Vols JD, voluntildeath, WestTN Coach

Yes, I was then and still would be now a supporter of Coach Dooley if he was still holding a clipboard on the sidelines. I don't think that anything positive comes from the boosters in the knitting circle criticizing the coach in a public forum. I supported CDD and now I support CBJ, Complaining boosters is ALWAYS bad for a program, NEVER good -- so you won't here it from me.

I did hear a lot of positive comments from players after CBJ was brought on saying that things now are different from CDD, that makes me feel better about our future, so at least internally, things are better. That's about as negative as I'll be about CDD.

Go Vols BEAT GEORGIA!!!

VN Store

Back