TN #3 on Rivals, Negavols on Suicide Watch!

Yes, I was then and still would be now a supporter of Coach Dooley if he was still holding a clipboard on the sidelines. I don't think that anything positive comes from the boosters in the knitting circle criticizing the coach in a public forum. I supported CDD and now I support CBJ, Complaining boosters is ALWAYS bad for a program, NEVER good -- so you won't here it from me.

I did hear a lot of positive comments from players after CBJ was brought on saying that things now are different from CDD, that makes me feel better about our future, so at least internally, things are better. That's about as negative as I'll be about CDD.

Go Vols BEAT GEORGIA!!!

This exact mentality is the reason UT hasn't won anything in 15 years. If NOBODY had complained about the crap job Dooley was doing and sat around singing kumbaya all day long, then Dooley would still be coaching. You'll never convince me that voicing concerns publicly is worse for the program than keeping quiet and letting an imbecile continue to coach the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yes, I was then and still would be now a supporter of Coach Dooley if he was still holding a clipboard on the sidelines. I don't think that anything positive comes from the boosters in the knitting circle criticizing the coach in a public forum. I supported CDD and now I support CBJ, Complaining boosters is ALWAYS bad for a program, NEVER good -- so you won't here it from me.

I did hear a lot of positive comments from players after CBJ was brought on saying that things now are different from CDD, that makes me feel better about our future, so at least internally, things are better. That's about as negative as I'll be about CDD.

Go Vols BEAT GEORGIA!!!

Keeping your mouth/wallets shut keeps a terrible coach in their job and we never get better. So I totally disagree with you on this.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This exact mentality is the reason UT hasn't won anything in 15 years. If NOBODY had complained about the crap job Dooley was doing and sat around singing kumbaya all day long, then Dooley would still be coaching. You'll never convince me that voicing concerns publicly is worse for the program than keeping quiet and letting an imbecile continue to coach the team.

I agree. Fans that sit on their thumbs and never voice their displeasure don't help the program.

If Neyland had a season ticket wait for the last 7 years where's the motivation to change? Seeing empty seats on Saturdays forces a change.

I agree. Fans that sit on their thumbs and never voice their displeasure don't help the program.

If Neyland had a season ticket wait for the last 7 years where's the motivation to change? Seeing empty seats on Saturdays forces a change.
I'm glad some of y'all are willing to take one for the team. Only so many games in a lifetime and I'm not gonna miss one if I can help it. (No sarcasm or trite speak here, being serious.)

I'm glad some of y'all are willing to take one for the team. Only so many games in a lifetime and I'm not gonna miss one if I can help it. (No sarcasm or trite speak here, being serious.)

So what you're saying is if the product on the field is lousy, you're going to go no matter what?

If a restaurant that you enjoy going to changed their chef and it went down hill would you continue to go there?

The only impact you can have as a fan is with your wallet. And from the looks of the empty seats in Neyland there are a lot willing to take one for the team.

I used to feel that way, but the last few years have changed this a bit. To be 100% honest, I haven't had fun at a game in Neyland since Kiffin was the coach. I've had a blast on game day just like always, but the games themselves just haven't been fun. It's not the losing I mind, I can rattle off a long list of UT losses that were fun and exciting games to attend. It's the fact that the last three years its either been going to watch UT beat down a scrub, or get waxed by a good team and there has been almost no middle ground.

So what you're saying is if the product on the field is lousy, you're going to go no matter what?

If a restaurant that you enjoy going to changed their chef and it went down hill would you continue to go there?

The only impact you can have as a fan is with your wallet. And from the looks of the empty seats in Neyland there are a lot willing to take one for the team.

Yep. I'm going no matter what. To support the players. To be in the stadium. To hear the band. To watch the orange run through the Power T. To hear the National Anthem and watch the fireworks.

And to compare watching a Tennessee game in Neyland Stadium to a meal at a restaurant is stupid. imo.

I used to feel that way, but the last few years have changed this a bit. To be 100% honest, I haven't had fun at a game in Neyland since Kiffin was the coach. I've had a blast on game day just like always, but the games themselves just haven't been fun. It's not the losing I mind, I can rattle off a long list of UT losses that were fun and exciting games to attend. It's the fact that the last three years its either been going to watch UT beat down a scrub, or get waxed by a good team and there has been almost no middle ground.

I totally understand that. Everybody's situation is different. For years, I couldn't afford to go. My step-mom would give me her ticket if she couldn't go for some reason and my dad and I would go. My ex-husband wasn't interested at all. I also have a few people in my family who would give anything to go, but for health and physical reasons, they can't.

My current husband and I have season tickets now. He loves going even more than I do. Even if it's a crap game. There were several games last year that I told my husband to find someone else to use my ticket. And by Friday night I was as excited as ever to get in the car and head up Saturday morning (like he knew I would be).

Like I said, everybody's situation is different. I totally understand both sides.

Yep. I'm going no matter what. To support the players. To be in the stadium. To hear the band. To watch the orange run through the Power T. To hear the National Anthem and watch the fireworks.

And to compare watching a Tennessee game in Neyland Stadium to a meal at a restaurant is stupid. imo.

I was simply making a reference but see what you want to see.

Sorry, the stadium experience at Neyland in the last decade isn't anywhere close to what it was in the 80's & 90's. The place used to rock...not so much now.

I was simply making a reference but see what you want to see.

Sorry, the stadium experience at Neyland in the last decade isn't anywhere close to what it was in the 80's & 90's. The place used to rock...not so much now.

OK.

I totally understand that. Everybody's situation is different. For years, I couldn't afford to go. My step-mom would give me her ticket if she couldn't go for some reason and my dad and I would go. My ex-husband wasn't interested at all. I also have a few people in my family who would give anything to go, but for health and physical reasons, they can't.

My current husband and I have season tickets now. He loves going even more than I do. Even if it's a crap game. There were several games last year that I told my husband to find someone else to use my ticket. And by Friday night I was as excited as ever to get in the car and head up Saturday morning (like he knew I would be).

Like I said, everybody's situation is different. I totally understand both sides.

More than almost anything else, the thing that has so drastically changed how I view the Neyland Stadium experience has nothing to do with football. The past two years I've been lucky enough to score tickets to The Masters and from a fan standpoint the difference is night and day. Augusta National is the only place I've ever been where I was truly lucky just to be there, yet everyone is treated as their guest that they are happy to have.

Meanwhile, between rude ushers, sky high concessions, ever rising ticket prices, and a crap on field product, I've gotten the feeling that UT has largely lost touch with their "customers". It's simply not the same experience they were offering 10-15 years ago, yet it costs 3-4 times as much.

I haven't made any definitive decisions yet, but I've honestly been considering whether I would rather take the $1000-1500 I spend each year on UT football and spend a day or two down at The Masters every year. If the team starts being a little more competitive, that will certainly play a role, but I feel like I might could let my season tickets go for now and still do all the pregame stuff down on campus, and either scoop up cheap tickets right before kickoff or just go to a bar or jet back to my house, which is only about 10-15 minutes from campus.

More than almost anything else, the thing that has so drastically changed how I view the Neyland Stadium experience has nothing to do with football. The past two years I've been lucky enough to score tickets to The Masters and from a fan standpoint the difference is night and day. Augusta National is the only place I've ever been where I was truly lucky just to be there, yet everyone is treated as their guest that they are happy to have.

Meanwhile, between rude ushers, sky high concessions, ever rising ticket prices, and a crap on field product, I've gotten the feeling that UT has largely lost touch with their "customers". It's simply not the same experience they were offering 10-15 years ago, yet it costs 3-4 times as much.

I haven't made any definitive decisions yet, but I've honestly been considering whether I would rather take the $1000-1500 I spend each year on UT football and spend a day or two down at The Masters every year. If the team starts being a little more competitive, that will certainly play a role, but I feel like I might could let my season tickets go for now and still do all the pregame stuff down on campus, and either scoop up cheap tickets right before kickoff or just go to a bar or jet back to my house, which is only about 10-15 minutes from campus.

My dad would probably agree with you on The Masters. He retired and went to work at a Jack Nicklaus golf course, for the free golf. :) He lives on the golf course.

Side note: I haven't seen him more excited about Tennessee football in years. He is totally buying in to everything right now. And I'm enjoying his excitement.

The UTAD would love to have 100K people like you. Their job would be very easy.

Dude, lol, whatever. I'm not going to apologize because I love going to Tennessee football games. You do what you do, I'll do what I do. Cool?

In my best sports announcer voice

Welcome everyone to the third running of this rivalry. We are in for an interesting year. So far it's 2-0 in favor of the Negavols in this series but the Sunshine pumpers have new hope in Coach Butch Jones. The Sunshine Pumpers are off to an early lead with the deep ball from Jones to R Ecruit but we have seen this before. Can they sustain the great start and pull off a great win for Vol fans everywhere? Find out after this break when we return to the "I'm a better Vol fan than you bowl" sponsored by Tennessee Natural Gas.

My dad would probably agree with you on The Masters. He retired and went to work at a Jack Nicklaus golf course, for the free golf. :) He lives on the golf course.

Side note: I haven't seen him more excited about Tennessee football in years. He is totally buying in to everything right now. And I'm enjoying his excitement.

In fairness, its probably not my best idea to start weighing sporting event experiences against The Masters and expecting them to compare particularly favorably. Augusta National is a notch or two above anywhere I've ever been.

It sounds like your family is the type we need in the stands on our way back up...the meh contingent covers the gloom and doom in shifts

In fairness, its probably not my best idea to start weighing sporting event experiences against The Masters and expecting them to compare particularly favorably. Augusta National is a notch or two above anywhere I've ever been.

I enjoy going there on Friday, especially late in the day and watching the final groups come up 18. Very cool place, indeed.

As much as I enjoy being there, I would never go on a Sunday, because you just can't keep up with everything going on.

Everybody I know who's gone says it's something everybody needs to experience at least once.

I enjoy going there on Friday, especially late in the day and watching the final groups come up 18. Very cool place, indeed.

As much as I enjoy being there, I would never go on a Sunday, because you just can't keep up with everything going on.

IMO, 16 is the place to be. If you get there early enough to score the right spot, you can see all the action on 16, second and third shots into the green on 15 and tee shots going back up the hill on 17.

In my best sports announcer voice

Welcome everyone to the third running of this rivalry. We are in for an interesting year. So far it's 2-0 in favor of the Negavols in this series but the Sunshine pumpers have new hope in Coach Butch Jones. The Sunshine Pumpers are off to an early lead with the deep ball from Jones to R Ecruit but we have seen this before. Can they sustain the great start and pull off a great win for Vol fans everywhere? Find out after this break when we return to the "I'm a better Vol fan than you bowl" sponsored by Tennessee Natural Gas.

When a program returns to prominence,where are the naysayers?...They kind of dry up and wisp away...lofty goal

When a program returns to prominence,where are the naysayers?...They kind of dry up and wisp away...lofty goal

Wait a minute, you mean that when a program gets so good that all news is good news that there aren't a lot of naysayers?

That's a high quality observation there Captain Obvious.

IMO, 16 is the place to be. If you get there early enough to score the right spot, you can see all the action on 16, second and third shots into the green on 15 and tee shots going back up the hill on 17.

I love those stands behind the tee at 16. That is a great spot.

if you have a source for tickets you should definitely go as getting them has gotten much harder over the last 15 years. i have a place to stay but the lottery only comes through every one in a while.

Wait a minute, you mean that when a program gets so good that all news is good news that there aren't a lot of naysayers?

That's a high quality observation there Captain Obvious.

Wow...you got the point...I got a promotion!

VN Store

Back