'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

Assuming Wright is actually going to be a vol, are we really taking 5 OL or would we drop one?

Look at his tape.
Look at his personal training sessions.

I responded to BigOrange Train ...3 days ago? Had no idea he was going to commit.

This kid is the best prospect in Tennessee.
He may be the best prospect in TN, maybe, and I love that we got his commitment...but, he's not Wanya or Wright, come on, man.

Jeez. This staff must not like this OL or the DBs from the last administration at all. I think they like the LB and RB group we have
I think they want to make sure they get some things right before they on things that might be quicker fix such as a dynamic RB and WRs.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
He may be the best prospect in TN, maybe, and I love that we got his commitment...but, he's not Wanya or Wright, come on, man.

Why?
Because of stars? Man...that's stuff is strictly for "hype". Look at the numbers crunch. Yet we took his commitment. Offered him at camp. The guy is physically ready NOW to contribute.

Wanya is better than Wright. Yet Wright is ranked higher. Star rankings at one time didn't exist... Yet recruiting happened still.

McBride is close to both of these guys in skill. Stronger physically already i believe...

There is no awkward movement when he gets into and fires out of his stance.
He's a damn beast. 3 star my @$$

Reactions: tn4elvis
Jeez. This staff must not like this OL or the DBs from the last administration at all. I think they like the LB and RB group we have
Even if they like what they have right now on the OL, it never hurts to have more, especially in this conference...DL, too. You know how it is in the SEC, up front they get beat up bad. If I could choose, we'd take 5 OL in every class, if able to.

VN Store

Back