'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

Jeez. This staff must not like this OL or the DBs from the last administration at all. I think they like the LB and RB group we have
They want to improve all the units every year with every class. OL and DL will always be a priority...it’s the Bama way. Doesn’t mean they don’t like the starting 5 or some of the young depth, but status quo will never be the plan with this staff.

I think they want to make sure they get some things right before they on things that might be quicker fix such as a dynamic RB and WRs.

Agreed, takes time for these positions to develop, weight room, technique and all that. Edge/skill players are easier to plug/rotate in during a game.

On a side note, and since I'm fairly new to this board, I have been stumped by the repeated use of "CB" in many posts. It isn't cornerback in the context I see it used. What does it mean?

Agreed, takes time for these positions to develop, weight room, technique and all that. Edge/skill players are easier to plug/rotate in during a game.

On a side note, and since I'm fairly new to this board, I have been stumped by the repeated use of "CB" in many posts. It isn't cornerback in the context I see it used. What does it mean?
Crystal Ball. They’re predictions made by sportswriters on 247.

Why?
Because of stars? Man...that's stuff is strictly for "hype". Look at the numbers crunch. Yet we took his commitment. Offered him at camp. The guy is physically ready NOW to contribute.

Wanya is better than Wright. Yet Wright is ranked higher. Star rankings at one time didn't exist... Yet recruiting happened still.

McBride is close to both of these guys in skill. Stronger physically already i believe...

There is no awkward movement when he gets into and fires out of his stance.
He's a damn beast. 3 star my @$$
Dont you think it's a bit shortsighted of you to think that anyone who disagrees with your statement is doing so because all they have looked at is stars? One could not only look at stars, but tape as well, and still disagree with you. One could look at offers and say, 'Hmm...Wanya and Wright can go ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY they want to go, but McBride, maybe not so much'...and that is the reason they disagree with you. Maybe other people are disagreeing with you because 99% of everyone will disagree with you. Maybe we disagree just to disagree. Point being, I'd try not to assume too much.
In no way am I talking down about McBride, I love that we have landed him; but, saying he's better than, not just one, but two elite tackle prospects, well...
But, hey, we all are entitled to our opinion, and if that's what you believe, go for it, man.

Dont you think it's a bit shortsighted of you to think that anyone who disagrees with your statement is doing so because all they have looked at is stars? One could not only look at stars, but tape as well, and still disagree with you. One could look at offers and say, 'Hmm...Wanya and Wright can go ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY they want to go, but McBride, maybe not so much'...and that is the reason they disagree with you. Maybe other people are disagreeing with you because 99% of everyone will disagree with you. Maybe we disagree just to disagree. Point being, I'd try not to assume too much.
In no way am I talking down about McBride, I love that we have landed him; but, saying he's better than, not just one, but two elite tackle prospects, well...
But, hey, we all are entitled to our opinion, and if that's what you believe, go for it, man.

Dude??
Chill.

Was not that serious.

If I'm shortsighted in my opinion.
Then by all means extrapolate and explain how they are so distant in talent supposedly.

No one said anything about you not being able to have an opinion
And SINCE YOU CAN have one. Explain yours; Since I'm shortsighted or what not...

They want to improve all the units every year with every class. OL and DL will always be a priority...it’s the Bama way. Doesn’t mean they don’t like the starting 5 or some of the young depth, but status quo will never be the plan with this staff.

Agree. I wonder how many more grad transfers Pruitt will look at next year?

If I'm shortsighted in my opinion.
Then by all means extrapolate and explain how they are so distant in talent supposedly.

No one said anything about you not being able to have an opinion
And SINCE YOU CAN have one. Explain yours; Since I'm shortsighted or what not...
You are the one who brought up stargazing, and it is what you chose to base your point on...your point being that i like Wanya and Wright more than McBride because they are rated higher. I just replied with reasons as to why you are wrong; and you didn't like that, and told me I should chill.
About Wanya, Wright, and McBride...all I can say is watch their films, man. If you can't see it, then nothing I can say is going to change your mind, and that's cool...even though I disagree, I think it's awesome you think this about McBride, because no matter what, he's a Vol, and I'm happy as hell about that. With that being said, Wanya Morris is far and away the best OL in the country, imo. In so many ways, from camps to dominating some of the best competition in HS in the state of Georgia, he has proven it over and over again. If the kid continues his progression, he has the complete makeup of a #1 overall pick, just like Trey Smith. And I base my opinions on all 3 on watching their HS games on film, reports from camps, competition in HS, offers, and star ratings. As David Chapelle would say, the whole shebanga bang. I will admit, I have only watched a little bit of McBride, enough to see that I love his commitment, his upside; but, I only had to watch about 5 plays of Wanya Morris to know what's up with that kid! It's like with Trey Smith, you can just see it, and it doesn't take long.
I come in peace, LV. The thing is, you and I are both in complete agreement about liking McBride. GBO!

I hope McBride goes on to the league and becomes the next Larry Allen. Clearly, to only play one year of organize football and land premier P5 offers is a testament to his ability.

But as we sit right now, I can’t agree he’s as good or better than Wanya or Wright. Not that I’m a film junkie. It has been reported he’s (as to be expected) very raw and has footwork that needs to be worked out, as well as has a tendency to hold. Coach Friend will fix him up.

Re: his star ranking - meh, I attribute that again to his general lack of experience playing. Same with his offers - only playing one year he doesn’t have the exposure a lot of other kids do. Noteworthy he gets offered everywhere he camps though.

Reactions: SugarCC
I hope McBride goes on to the league and becomes the next Larry Allen. Clearly, to only play one year of organize football and land premier P5 offers is a testament to his ability.

But as we sit right now, I can’t agree he’s as good or better than Wanya or Wright. Not that I’m a film junkie. It has been reported he’s (as to be expected) very raw and has footwork that needs to be worked out, as well as has a tendency to hold. Coach Friend will fix him up.

Re: his star ranking - meh, I attribute that again to his general lack of experience playing. Same with his offers - only playing one year he doesn’t have the exposure a lot of other kids do. Noteworthy he gets offered everywhere he camps though.
yep. i think that's probably a good sign...lol.

Reactions: SugarCC
I heard that Pruitt called Dobbs 4 Heisman. D4H said he didn't pass the eye test. Pruitt called Lebanon Vol and LV said TN didnt have the numbers for McBride to be part of the class. I guess Pruitt didn't listen to these 2 geniuses.

Reactions: T Dog and LaagerVol
Welcome Aboard the Big Orange Train Melvin!!!!!

Go VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on Becoming a VFL!!!!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Angry-cobra-cat-1.gif
    Angry-cobra-cat-1.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • Big_Orange_bullet_train.jpg
    Big_Orange_bullet_train.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 9
  • BlueTicHoundPups - Copy (2).gif
    BlueTicHoundPups - Copy (2).gif