'18 TN RB Jeremy Banks (UT signee)

Pretty good highlight film. By the look of things, he's already accustomed to playing in front of NFL size crowds. Would be a great get this late in the process.

I think he's got great potential. But why make the first two clips on his film cheap shots. I mean, those are good hits, but still...

Tifwiw, but Memphis just hired the Cordova High School head coach. Could cause a few problems with a couple of the Memphis area kids.

Lol. It's not like we've ever had much success in Memphis... besides if a kid wants to play for Memphis instead of UT, that's his problem.

Hilarious considering Memphis is a Top-20 team and TN is a decade loser.

Tennessee Last Decade ('07-'17)
72 Wins

Memphis Last Decade ('07-'17)
61 Wins

Good call bro. Plus, I mean, playing in the "American" is equivalent to playing in the SEC. For both exposure, development, and winning. Next.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people
You’re not really gonna argue that Tennessee is in a better spot than Memphis right now. Memphis would’ve beaten Tennessee by 30 points thus year....easily.

Memphis likely just peaked this season as Ferguson is a senior, and it's reward? Playing in the Liberty Bowl.

The upsides for the 2 schools are not even comparable, and it is very doubtful that Memphis will be able to sustain its success, unless Norvell can pull another Lynch or Ferguson out of his hat.

Now if a Memphis kid wants to stay home and play for UM, I can respect that. No different than UT fans wanting Mays to stay home. But no one should choose Memphis because of the upside, because there isn't any.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You’re not really gonna argue that Tennessee is in a better spot than Memphis right now. Memphis would’ve beaten Tennessee by 30 points thus year....easily.

Yes. Yes I would. If TN wouldve won 6 we would be playing in the equivalent of a liberty bowl. Memphis is havinig its best run and guess what....? Do you believe they have better athletes? Norvell is simply a better coach than Butch. Now that we've (probably) surpassed our incompetence we should see a much better product.

Edit: crazy Ivan'd

Really wish that matchup would happen so I can take money from people like you.

Are you waiting for Auburn to get blown out by UCF’s “speed” too?

Reactions: 2 people
Really wish that matchup would happen so I can take money from people like you.

Are you waiting for Auburn to get blown out by UCF’s “speed” too?

You really don’t think Memphis would have beaten us this year? We almost lost to UMASS and USM.

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee sucked this year. We've remedied it and have moved on. Memphis was a better team; Tennessee is a better program.

I wonder if all teams have fans that jump to the defense of every program but their own.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back