'18 TN RB Jeremy Banks (UT signee)

I'm thinking there is probably some marketing going on behind the scenes on twitter with these kids to drive advertising. So many are saying the same tweet which is odd

Reactions: 1 person
this sounds dumb, and it is, but personal brand wise, having lots of social media followers makes you an "influencer" in today's society. Leads to bigger and better opportunities for young folks.

asking for followers is certainly an obnoxious way to go about it, but then again, these are 17 year olds who know the power of voltwitter, especially after the SchiaNO

it really doesn't though. a small group maybe but overall, it has no influence on success outside of the journalist and commentary professions. if that's the goal of these youngins then I agree with you.

They all crave attention and want to feel popular. Come to UT, become the SEC All-Time leading rusher, and go #1 in the draft. That way, you'll have earned your popularity.

it really doesn't though. a small group maybe but overall, it has no influence on success outside of the journalist and commentary professions. if that's the goal of these youngins then I agree with you.

Going to have to disagree with you on that one. Employers nowadays in big metro areas encourage recruiters to chase candidates with large social media presence. Helps get their brand out and is essentially free advertising to 30,000+ (or however many) followers.

A huge leg up for those entering the job force and/or trying to move up to a better position.

It definitely is dumb sounding, but too much $$$ in social media advertising, etc. to discount it.

Reactions: 5 people
Going to have to disagree with you on that one. Employers nowadays in big metro areas encourage recruiters to chase candidates with large social media presence. Helps get their brand out and is essentially free advertising to 30,000+ (or however many) followers.

A huge leg up for those entering the job force and/or trying to move up to a better position.

It definitely is dumb sounding, but too much $$$ in social media advertising, etc. to discount it.

Yeah we won't agree here. Part of my job is sitting down with a wide variety of types of business, all shapes and sizes, and I have had discussion about social media with them in the Jacksonville and Atlanta area. A large majority of them are extremely hesitant to enter social media through it's employees because they can't control the content and they can't risk a past post.

An example I got yesterday was the Keatons mother response.

My company DOES NOT want it's employees, unless controlled by the company entirely, to engage in social media relations. It is a billion dollar global company too. Perhaps smaller business with a more intimate working environment would welcome it for exposure. But again, I don't find many companies willing to even explore that realm and I don't blame them.

Bottom line is it costs you nothing. If it will help get this guy then just make the click. Do it! You can always unfollow later, lol.

Yeah we won't agree here. Part of my job is sitting down with a wide variety of types of business, all shapes and sizes, and I have had discussion about social media with them in the Jacksonville and Atlanta area. A large majority of them are extremely hesitant to enter social media through it's employees because they can't control the content and they can't risk a past post.

An example I got yesterday was the Keatons mother response.

My company DOES NOT want it's employees, unless controlled by the company entirely, to engage in social media relations. It is a billion dollar global company too. Perhaps smaller business with a more intimate working environment would welcome it for exposure. But again, I don't find many companies willing to even explore that realm and I don't blame them.

Yeah, I get it. Good points, and I completely understand the hesitance. Anyways, back to JB. Let's get him in orange. :rock:

5x7uRqb.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Confirmed he bought plane tickets and flying in for OV tomorrow. Carvin couldn’t / wouldn’t fly (scared to fly from what I heard) and as already discussed in the Carvin thread his transportation isn’t certain so may wait to visit after dead period.

Confirmed he bought plane tickets and flying in for OV tomorrow. Carvin couldn’t / wouldn’t fly (scared to fly from what I heard) and as already discussed in the Carvin thread his transportation isn’t certain so may wait to visit after dead period.

1. Scared to fly? I wonder if he knows how CFB teams get to their games.

2. Carvin is an EE, so could he even still visit after the dead period? Does it end before spring semester starts?

1. Scared to fly? I wonder if he knows how CFB teams get to their games.

2. Carvin is an EE, so could he even still visit after the dead period? Does it end before spring semester starts?

Doubt it has anything to do with being scared to fly.
I am Sure a plane ticket Is expensive this short of notice and that is the problem

VN Store

Back