'18 TN RB Jeremy Banks (UT signee)

Doubt it has anything to do with being scared to fly.
I am Sure a plane ticket Is expensive this short of notice and that is the problem

His friends including Banks and current Vol players were ragging on him for being scared from what I was told but I’d say cost played a role too. However, I’ve seen kids who can’t afford Taco Bell magically get money for plane tickets to unofficially visit so haha....

Last edited:
His friends including Banks and current Vol players were ragging on him for being scared from what I was told but I’d say cost played a role too. However, I’ve seen kids who can’t afford Taco Bell magically get money for plane tickets to OV so haha....

Plane tickets are paid by the school on OVs

1. Scared to fly? I wonder if he knows how CFB teams get to their games.

2. Carvin is an EE, so could he even still visit after the dead period? Does it end before spring semester starts?

1) Avoiding it as long as he can I guess?

2) He can do it the old fashion way and sign FA and still visit before actually enrolling in Jan. But I’ll bet he finds a ride this weekend. I can’t imagine him missing this weekend because of a car ride. Not like weather is an issue.

That’s true. So then the scared thing must be real right? Unless his is an unofficial visit. I guess that’s what I meant.

Yea he's an UOV. My money is on him being on that plane with Banks if he hadn't already taken his OV

Yeah. Paying out of pocket for 5 official visits and waiting on those reimbursement checks at Christmas time sux.....

1) Avoiding it as long as he can I guess?

2) He can do it the old fashion way and sign FA and still visit before actually enrolling in Jan. But I’ll bet he finds a ride this weekend. I can’t imagine him missing this weekend because of a car ride. Not like weather is an issue.

2. When does the dead period end and spring term begin though? I know it's technically possible for a kid to do, but is it feasible from a logistical standpoint?

Would that mean that RB spot is stocked for ‘18 or is there a JUCO or somebody else on the horizon?

I'm wondering the same. IMO the only reason to want Banks and Bell is that JK is leaving, someone is transferring, or something is going on with Grant's committment.

Grant isn’t signing on the 20th according to Hubbs.

Yeah and I think I read he's taking some OVs in January to other schools.

I'm kinda thinking maybe he's not what the staff is looking for from a RB. I like him as a RB recruit. He reminds me of JK a bit. Not sure the staff feels the same though.

Reactions: 1 person
JK, CFA, and the three ‘17 rbs.

Seems like they only have room for one more rookie. If Kelly matriculates then a JUCO would make sense. But again, I don’t know what they want or how they evaluate what’s already on the roster.

JK, CFA, and the three ‘17 rbs.

Seems like they only have room for one more rookie. If Kelly matriculates then a JUCO would make sense. But again, I don’t know what they want or how they evaluate what’s already on the roster.
Ty Chandler fam...

I'm wondering the same. IMO the only reason to want Banks and Bell is that JK is leaving, someone is transferring, or something is going on with Grant's committment.

Jahmir Johnson Greg Bell Jaron Woodyard are all visiting from Arizona Western. Johncarlo, Webb and Badara are all (minus Webb sounds like) are visiting from ASA. Maybe Jpru is trying to package deal these two trios. That would help drastically in the o line dept. but...

Webb would be an awesome addition, but Bell and Woodyard don’t quite seem like the most sense. Someone in another thread mentioned the RB spot as someone could be transferring or JK is going pro. I could see both of those scenarios happening.

1. JK goes pro (doesn’t want to get injured like Cam or JRM)
2. CFA transfers leaving:
-Chandler soph.
-Tim Jordan soph.
-Trey Coleman soph.
-Banks fresh.
-Grant fresh.
-Bell jr.

Reactions: 1 person
I think you need to take 2 RBs pretty much every year. Having about 4-6 scholarship backs is probably ideal depending on the system. Good RBs jump to the NFL quicker than most other positions and freshmen can make an impact at RB more than arguably anywhere else, so you see a lot of sophomores and juniors transfer there.

It would make sense to expect one of CFA, Tim Jordan, and or Trey Coleman to tranfer heading into 2018.

I could see JK going pro if he gets decent feedback about it.

So I could maybe see the staff wanting to take 3 RBs this year if JK goes pro AND we see a transfer. Otherwise, I think 2 RBs is a safe guess.

Jahmir Johnson Greg Bell Jaron Woodyard are all visiting from Arizona Western. Johncarlo, Webb and Badara are all (minus Webb sounds like) are visiting from ASA. Maybe Jpru is trying to package deal these two trios. That would help drastically in the o line dept. but...

Webb would be an awesome addition, but Bell and Woodyard don’t quite seem like the most sense. Someone in another thread mentioned the RB spot as someone could be transferring or JK is going pro. I could see both of those scenarios happening.

1. JK goes pro (doesn’t want to get injured like Cam or JRM)
2. CFA transfers leaving:
-Chandler soph.
-Tim Jordan soph.
-Trey Coleman soph.
-Banks fresh.
-Grant fresh.
-Bell jr.

Didn't see this before my other post. I could see it playing out like this as well.

VN Store

Back