Today's GOP Not The Party of Lincoln

To be fair, his out and devout Mormon/LDS faith does warrant questions about how he would handle certain things. It's only been since the late 1960s that black people have been seen as clean and eligible for association by the church. I would hope that he aligned his views with that of the chief Prophet at the time.
The LDS church started to allow blacks in the priesthood in 1978. Please also realize there were other churches from what's known as the restoration movement like the Temple Lot, Community of Christ (formerly RLDS), Church of Jesus Christ, Church of Christ with the Elijah Message, etc that have allowed blacks to serve in a priesthood capacity for years. Those other churches I mentioned also didn't allow polygamy.

Also it wasn't Joseph Smith who made that ban for the LDS church. It was Brigham Young. Some historical records show that Joseph Smith allowed did allow blacks to serve in that capacity.

Reactions: AshG
Horrible church are Mormons. Good intentions. Just dumb. And their one to one interaction is good. Church is as corrupt as the Catholics

The LDS church started to allow blacks in the priesthood in 1978. Please also realize there were other churches from what's known as the restoration movement like the Temple Lot, Community of Christ (formerly RLDS), Church of Jesus Christ, Church of Christ with the Elijah Message, etc that have allowed blacks to serve in a priesthood capacity for years. Those other churches I mentioned also didn't allow polygamy.

Also it wasn't Joseph Smith who made that ban for the LDS church. It was Brigham Young. Some historical records show that Joseph Smith allowed did allow blacks to serve in that capacity.

Thank you for the clarification and history, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: DonjoVol
I’ll give you my full list of ever election since I was 18:

2008 Obama
2012 Ron Paul
2015 (primary): Rand Paul
2016: Gary Johnson
2020: Trump

I like you. But your record here looks like the Vols under Pruitt. 😜

I can’t say much. Didn’t vote until 2016. Since then I’ve been fairly active in elections at all levels.
Went Cruz in the 2016 Primary. Trump in the General. Trump in 20.

Like you, I supported Obama in 08. But then I became an adult and put away such childish things. Would like to see a more Conservative candidate that could win a General emerge soon. Until then, I’ll continue to vote against the party that’s trying to destroy this country.

Reactions: Vol8188
Thank you for the clarification and history, I really appreciate it.
Many people aren't aware of the other churches that were founded from that movement. There are even churches that have split off from Community of Christ in recent years as the main leadership in that church has become very left wing over the years.

Reactions: AshG
I think what @AshG maybe arguing, is Volmain could be a Libertarian (doubt it) or an Independent, in the same manner Bernie Sanders is. There is also the Green Party, and other grass roots groups springing up. Or maybe he doesn’t identify with any political group. He’s right in that he may not be a democrat.

However, this level of animosity towards the GOP, usually is found in someone who is a democrat, whether they want to admit it or not.
or maybe just another troll

Project, project, project. What you call “embrace victimhood” most would call not laying down to false accusations and fighting swampers.. Those social media sites are democratic propaganda machines, if you don’t publicly acknowledge that, surely you privately do in your own mind. Or else you’re simply very naïve. Your guys impeached him TWICE for less than what happened in Afghanistan.
Whining, whining, whining.... on top of more whining.

That isn't "fighting back". It's being a cry-baby. You are following his lead.

We’re not the ones trying to change the rules of the senate because we didn’t get our way….

Look-it, he is the one who started talking about me. If he can act like he knows me, then I get to act like I know him. If you think that's wrong, then why didn't you say something to him and the other mopes talking trash about me? Well? Why didn't you?

Really?! I don’t have the words to describe this

Reactions: VOLS INC.

If there’s a problem (media bias for example) it’s “crying” if you acknowledge the problem?

Sure but that's a constitutional matter now.
I admit there are a lot of rules such as cloture that I do not completely understand however these rule changes require a vote of approval, right? Changing rules Willy Nilly have proven to be very short sighted in recent events

I admit there are a lot of rules such as cloture that I do not completely understand however these rule changes require a vote of approval, right? Changing rules Willy Nilly have proven to be very short sighted in recent events
They've been fighting over this rule for 200yrs. It's nothing new

No politician embraces victimhood like Donald Trump. He loves it. Whether it's the mainstream media, rigged elections, Twitter or Google... someone is always out to get poor Donald. "It's so unfair," - spoken in that sad tone of his.

For the most part, his supporters follow his lead with that... it's just one annoying nasal whine after another.
Not sure if he is playing the victim or just calling it like it is in regards to media coverage. He’s not a trained politician so that may one across as unorthodox to those that want Ward Clever in Washington. It’s unfortunate that the American people have now been subjected to media opinions as facts and facts as subjective depending on who’s reading the teleprompter. I would have valued CNN/MSNBC or traditional 3 ABC, NBC, CBS covering Hunter Biden with a crack pipe in his mouth nightly like it was Ivanka or Don Jr for Trump Organization committing fraud. I need Lester Holt going all in on Hunter either about crack or having a relationship with his dead brothers wife.

Last edited:
Not sure if he is playing the victim or just calling it like it is in regards to media coverage. He’s not a trained politician so that may one across as unorthodox to those that want Ward Clever in Washington. It’s unfortunate that the American people have now been subjected to media opinions as facts and facts as subjective depending on who’s reading the teleprompter. I would have valued CNN/MSNBC covering Hunter Biden with a crack pipe in his mouth nightly like it was Ivanka or Don Jr for Trump Organization committing fraud. If you don’t understand this, then you don’t understand the problem.
If it was only Trump's constant complaining about one thing? Then fine... he has one issue, and can't get past it. However, it isn't just one thing that he whines about. It's 7 or 8 things. Trump has also whined about such silly things as :

(1) Being passed over for Time's "Person of the Year" in 2018... even though, he had already been named it in 2016.

(2) Not winning a Nobel Peace Prize.

(3) Reports that his 2017 Inauguration was not as heavily attended as Barack Obama's from 2009.

(4) Not winning the popular vote in the 2016 Presidential Election. A meaningless designation, but in his mind, evidently a big deal. Of course, he had to allege that it was just the result of massive voter fraud.

(5) Losing the 2016 Iowa Caucuses to Ted Cruz. He accused the Cruz Campaign of cheating, without ever explaining how they had cheated. He went on with that narrative for months... even after he had already won the Republican Party nomination.

(6) The bias of Google's algorithms... Does anyone even think Trump would be capable of comprehending the algorithm if someone was able to hold his attention long enough to explain it to him?

(7) His Twitter ban.

This isn't fighting back. This ^^^^ is called whining.

If it was only Trump's constant complaining about one thing? Then fine... he has one issue, and can't get past it. However, it isn't just one thing that he whines about. It's 7 or 8 things. Trump has also whined about such silly things as :

(1) Being passed over for Time's "Person of the Year" in 2018... even though, he had already been named it in 2016.

(2) Not winning a Nobel Peace Prize.

(3) Reports that his 2017 Inauguration was not as heavily attended as Barack Obama's from 2009.

(4) Not winning the popular vote in the 2016 Presidential Election. A meaningless designation, but in his mind, evidently a big deal. Of course, he had to allege that it was just the result of massive voter fraud.

(5) Losing the 2016 Iowa Caucuses to Ted Cruz. He accused the Cruz Campaign of cheating, without ever explaining how they had cheated. He went on with that narrative for months... even after he had already won the Republican Party nomination.

(6) The bias of Google's algorithms... Does anyone even think Trump would be capable of comprehending the algorithm if someone was able to hold his attention long enough to explain it to him?

(7) His Twitter ban.

This isn't fighting back. This ^^^^ is called whining.

He was simultaneously the most powerful person on the planet and the most victimized.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
He was simultaneously the most powerful person on the planet and the most victimized.

The more you guys fail to see that the right wing complaints regarding media/social media are valid, the more Trump’s you’ll get in the future.

So far your (the left in general) response to trump has been to double down on all the things that made trump (suppression of right wing voices, media bias, “fact checkers”)

Reactions: VOLS INC. and hog88
Hell, even the National Weather Service had it in for the guy. Their hurricane forecast didn't include parts of Alabama in 2019... so he pulled out a sharpie and went on a tirade. Nobody whines like Trump. NOBODY.

VN Store

Back