Today's GOP Not The Party of Lincoln

You couldn't be more wrong.
Of the 16 immunizations the CDC recommends for children and teens, all 50 states (plus the District of Columbia) mandate diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), polio, measles, rubella and chickenpox. In addition, every state except Iowa mandates immunization against mumps. (The diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis vaccines usually are given as a single combined shot, as are the measles, mumps and rubella vaccines.) Except for the chickenpox vaccine, which became available in the United States in 1995, all those vaccines have been around for 50 years or more.

States have mandated vaccinations since long before COVID-19
When is the last time Burger King asked to see your whooping cough vaccine card before they let you order a Whopper (serious question)

You mean the economic genius who thought capitalism had failed by making food too cheap, so he paid farmers to burn crops and livestock, to make food more scarce?

It's amazing that the left still loves their crippled Hitler
He won four times in landslides.
Are you suggesting the American people were idiots in 4 straight elections......knowing exactly what they were getting in the last 3?

When is the last time Burger King asked to see your whooping cough vaccine card before they let you order a Whopper (serious question)
Probably the last time the whooping cough was a global pandemic that had killed millions and shut down entire countries worldwide - if Burger King was even open then. (serious response)

Are you suggesting the American people were idiots in 4 straight elections......knowing exactly what they were getting in the last 3?

Ignorant would be a better term. I don't believe burning fields was widely publicized (I could be wrong). But I'm sure the food stamps program he created to try to fix his stupidity was very widely publicized. That's the problem with the old days of journalism.

Ignorant would be a better term. I don't believe burning fields was widely publicized (I could be wrong). But I'm sure the food stamps program he created to try to fix his stupidity was very widely publicized. That's the problem with the old days of journalism.
So you say the American people were ignorant in 1932, 1036, 1940, and 1944. Pretty harsh considering they were dealing with a great depression and a world war.
But I get it. I think they were ignorant in 2016, and tens of millions willingly doubled down in 2020.

The American voters have been idiots on MULTIPLE occasions. 2020 comes immediately to mind

Reactions: StarRaider
So you say the American people were ignorant in 1932, 1036, 1940, and 1944. Pretty harsh considering they were dealing with a great depression and a world war.
But I get it. I think they were ignorant in 2016, and tens of millions willingly doubled down in 2020.

Not harsh at all. If you're dealing with a depression and a world war, you have real problems you're dealing with and don't have the time needed to truly vet a candidate and their policies.

Fortunately, through social media and the internet, right wing news is now more widely available to help the people.

A lot of traffic laws could included here. Registration of a vehicle. Fishing license. Burn permits. Hunting license. Boating license. Regulations against collecting rain water or urban farming.

There's a lot laws that aren't popular but people comply with. Compliance is not the same as being in favor of. I comply with my fishing license. When in NC I complied with their mandatory vehicle inspections. You shouldn't mistake that for me being in favor of that.
i constantly hear griping about those laws. Try again

2012 for me.
08 I get. He’s a charismatic SOB. But after those 4 years??? How much did he need to do to show the world he was totally inept!
Inept no. He was actually quite intelligent in a conniving sort of way. He carefully stacked the fuel that would eventually ignite to form BLM. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing

Inept no. He was actually quite intelligent in a conniving sort of way. He carefully stacked the fuel that would eventually ignite to form BLM. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing

That's why Pete scares me. They are both intelligent, are connected to well known communists, and are great at making extreme positions sounds reasonable.

Pete Buttigieg was on tv (The View I think) and asked his stance on abortion. He responded with "that should be up to the woman". The issue with that statement is it contains no limiting principle. So what he's saying is "if you want to have an elective abortion the day before your due date, that's cool".

So, businesses shouldn’t be free to run their business how they see fit?
Up to a point. But not to the point of denying service based on a constitutionally protected characteristic (such as people skipping the vaccine for religious reasons). Suppose a private business stopped admitting a particular race. Would that be ok?
And I remember a time when a business wasn’t even allowed to ask personal medical questions before I could enter. I think it was a long forgotten time called 2019.

If the states retain the power envisioned in the Constitution, it doesn’t matter who is President. It has only been recently that the Imperial Presidency has become a thing (probably starting with FDR).

And how much of that power do you think the states would have retained if the federal government assumed the power to determine its own membership, as the Republican Party attempted to do a year ago?

And how much of that power do you think the states would have retained if the federal government assumed the power to determine its own membership, as the Republican Party attempted to do a year ago?
I think the states would have gotten even more power back. Like I say, TRUE conservatives want to return to the tenth Amendment
All said too, we need to abolish the 17th Amendment and let State Legislatures appoint Senators

Reactions: hog88

Last time I was at BK and ordered a Big Mac they looked at me funny..lol

Just messing

That's why Pete scares me. They are both intelligent, are connected to well known communists, and are great at making extreme positions sounds reasonable.

Pete Buttigieg was on tv (The View I think) and asked his stance on abortion. He responded with "that should be up to the woman". The issue with that statement is it contains no limiting principle. So what he's saying is "if you want to have an elective abortion the day before your due date, that's cool".
lol......There is not a woman alive who is going to choose that.
Roe v Wade was genius.

lol......There is not a woman alive who is going to choose that.
Roe v Wade was genius.

So the women who've drowned their kids, left them in dumpsters, etc. None of those women would make the decision to have an elective abortion the day before their due date?

Here's how I know you really don't believe what you're saying. If you did believe no woman would do it, you wouldn't care about a law limiting it.

So the women who've drowned their kids, left them in dumpsters, etc. None of those women would make the decision to have an elective abortion the day before their due date?

Here's how I know you really don't believe what you're saying. If you did believe no woman would do it, you wouldn't care about a law limiting it.
?????????
There is a law limiting it which I just said was genius.

VN Store

Back