Today's GOP Not The Party of Lincoln

Fascism, by definition, requires a strong central government. Every prominent Republican I am aware of supports devolving Federal Power down to the States and curtailing the reach of Washington. If Republicans truly desire a fascist state, they must be the stupidest fascists in history to purposely seek to hobble the one thing they need to impose their authoritarian vision.
Fascism CANNOT exist in a healthy functioning Federal System. Period.
View attachment 426442
man, I miss that cartoon.

If that was a real right wing attempt to overthrow there would have been more violence. There wouldn't have been as many Dems with gun charges as repubs. The left can't spend all that effort demonizing the right's love of guns and then claim a violent insurrection occured without any. One of those narratives has to be false

You’ve tried to relate two unrelated “narratives”

I don’t think anyone thinks it was a well coordinated attempt to overthrow the government. I think most believe that trump influenced a bunch of low iq morons that he encouraged to descend on Washington that they could change the election results by engaging in a bunch of buffoonery.

I can give in on they did not gripe and complied. But once again, that wasn't your claim. You made a specific claim, which I honestly assumed you had polling data to back up. Then you moved the goal post to similar but different claim.

So....if you want to proclaim most parents have not griped and complied with all other vaccines their children are forced to take to attend public schools, I would happily give in to that.

But that's not what you said: "It's funny that an overwhelming majority of Americans were in favor of vaccine mandates for children, but now it's fascism."

That's not the same thing. There's a lot of laws and regulations most people comply and don't gripe with, that they are not "in favor of"

Such as?

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Thursday that more than a dozen of her former Trump administration colleagues plan to meet next week to try and stop former President Donald Trump as he continues to "manipulate people and divide our country."
"Next week, a group of former Trump staff are going to come together, administration officials are going to come together and we're going to talk about how we can formally do some things to try and stop him and also, the extremism, that that kind of violence, rhetoric that has been talked about and continues to divide our country," Grisham told CNN's John Berman and Brianna Keilar in an interview on "New Day."

Stephanie Grisham says group of ex-Trump officials to meet next week to discuss how to 'stop' him - CNNPolitics

A lot of traffic laws could included here. Registration of a vehicle. Fishing license. Burn permits. Hunting license. Boating license. Regulations against collecting rain water or urban farming.

There's a lot laws that aren't popular but people comply with. Compliance is not the same as being in favor of. I comply with my fishing license. When in NC I complied with their mandatory vehicle inspections. You shouldn't mistake that for me being in favor of that.

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Thursday that more than a dozen of her former Trump administration colleagues plan to meet next week to try and stop former President Donald Trump as he continues to "manipulate people and divide our country."
"Next week, a group of former Trump staff are going to come together, administration officials are going to come together and we're going to talk about how we can formally do some things to try and stop him and also, the extremism, that that kind of violence, rhetoric that has been talked about and continues to divide our country," Grisham told CNN's John Berman and Brianna Keilar in an interview on "New Day."

Stephanie Grisham says group of ex-Trump officials to meet next week to discuss how to 'stop' him - CNNPolitics

I'm all for stopping him from winning in 2024

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
A lot of traffic laws could included here. Registration of a vehicle. Fishing license. Burn permits. Hunting license. Boating license. Regulations against collecting rain water or urban farming.

There's a lot laws that aren't popular but people comply with. Compliance is not the same as being in favor of. I comply with my fishing license. When in NC I complied with their mandatory vehicle inspections. You shouldn't mistake that for me being in favor of that.
Taxes is the number one here

I don’t know what planet you live on but vaccine requirements aren’t necessary for students to attend school except in very left leaning cities, towns, states
You couldn't be more wrong.
Of the 16 immunizations the CDC recommends for children and teens, all 50 states (plus the District of Columbia) mandate diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), polio, measles, rubella and chickenpox. In addition, every state except Iowa mandates immunization against mumps. (The diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis vaccines usually are given as a single combined shot, as are the measles, mumps and rubella vaccines.) Except for the chickenpox vaccine, which became available in the United States in 1995, all those vaccines have been around for 50 years or more.

States have mandated vaccinations since long before COVID-19

CNN? Lol yeah the media outlet of sex scandals. Lots of credibility there.

Reactions: StarRaider
You couldn't be more wrong.
Of the 16 immunizations the CDC recommends for children and teens, all 50 states (plus the District of Columbia) mandate diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), polio, measles, rubella and chickenpox. In addition, every state except Iowa mandates immunization against mumps. (The diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis vaccines usually are given as a single combined shot, as are the measles, mumps and rubella vaccines.) Except for the chickenpox vaccine, which became available in the United States in 1995, all those vaccines have been around for 50 years or more.

States have mandated vaccinations since long before COVID-19
Pretty sure he was talking about Covid only. At least had you been involved in the conversation or bothered to not cherry pick, you would have realized that.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
If he couldn't win, what are they trying to stop?
She stated that they are trying to stop him from manipulating the people, feeding extremism, and dividing the country.
Trump and trumpism is and has been horrible for the country; many republicans acknowledge this fact.

Fascism, by definition, requires a strong central government. Every prominent Republican I am aware of supports devolving Federal Power down to the States and curtailing the reach of Washington. If Republicans truly desire a fascist state, they must be the stupidest fascists in history to purposely seek to hobble the one thing they need to impose their authoritarian vision.
Fascism CANNOT exist in a healthy functioning Federal System. Period.
View attachment 426442
With the exception of whether or not the federal government has to recognize the state election results that the vice president’s party doesn’t like, I guess.

VN Store

Back