Train derailment danger being covered up?

There are about 2000 +/- trail derailments every year. It's not a rare thing.
When I was working, we had our own railroad to move products between 3 separate plants. Some infinitely brilliant manager decided that the railroad had too many people and laid a bunch of them off for efficiency purposes. He looked smart until they started having derailments almost every day. It costs the company millions to fix all the rotten cross ties and wobbly rails, not to mention the production downtime it caused. I love short term thinking.

When I was working, we had our own railroad to move products between 3 separate plants. Some infinitely brilliant manager decided that the railroad had too many people and laid a bunch of them off for efficiency purposes. He looked smart until they started having derailments almost every day. It costs the company millions to fix all the rotten cross ties and wobbly rails, not to mention the production downtime it caused. I love short term thinking.

I grew up 20ish miles (as the crow flies) from the Radford Army Ammunition Plant, they had their own railroad. When they had a derailment you could hear it and a couple times feel it at the house.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I would figure they would show it, but he said it

I also saw in the background a pipe spewing water into that creek. IDK what that is but if that is an intermittent stream they are discharging treated water to that would explain the dead worms in the bottom.

So did you think that oily crap that floated to the top of the water was drinking water?

No, just saying what it is. That guy is doing political propaganda and isn't giving the whole story. That creek is right by and goes underneath what looks like a major highway, it will have degraded petroleum in it.

My husband calls it ‘popping off’ the rails.. I get to hear all about rail cars and the headaches involved when it happens.. a lot of the time the internal substance got too hot or they didn’t fill while taking into consideration the expansion lol.. why do I know this?

No, just saying what it is. That guy is doing political propaganda and isn't giving the whole story. That creek is right by and goes underneath what looks like a major highway, it will have degraded petroleum in it.
I have a creek in my backyard, I need to go down there and poke it with a stick and see if it bubbles.

I grew up 20ish miles (as the crow flies) from the Radford Army Ammunition Plant, they had their own railroad. When they had a derailment you could hear it and a couple times feel it at the house.

I used to go to Ellwood Texas Forge in Navasota, TX and they had this hydraulic forge that basically pounded the Earth. Very cool.

When I lived in Hunstville, I went to Decatur AL over the 72 bridge and looked down at the river. Must of been tens of thousands of dead fish that had been netted to the side peninsula.
Decatur is very heavy industrial along the River. Some discharge occurred and honestly I never knew what happened back in like 1998.

Anybody remember needles washing up on shore Lake Nickajack? Supposedly from Erlanger.
Never hear a peep and cannot even google it
Government sites have polluted our communities for a century.. Superfund to cover their ****.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Anybody remember needles washing up on shore Lake Nickajack? Supposedly from Erlanger.
Never hear a peep and cannot even google it
Government sites have polluted our communities for a century.. Superfund to cover their ****.
When I was a kid, I lived near the James river in Virginia and there were signs posted everywhere to not eat the fish. Apparently that was because of Mercury contamination.

Does JP Morgan, Blackrock and Vanguard own that rail too?
Not sure, various lines are signed to management contracts that last a long time. If they fail in management the owners void the contract and find a new management company. Some are as long as 75 years. That’s why there have been so many name changes with various lines. Failure.

VN Store

Back