Train derailment danger being covered up?

The reason they blew it was because it was going to blow on it's own. The temps were swinging pretty wildly at that time, and they let everyone know ahead of time. announced and evac'd everyone. It's an unfortunate event that is nasty, with nasty stuff, but they really contained it very well. Better than it should have been contained. The epa was on it from the moment it happened. I have since learned that there is a difference between state and federal epa, but the epa gave the all clear when it was done. Some die off was unfortunately going to occur. Everyone knew that. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR ****ING ANIMALS BEHIND! Anyhoo. They really did a fantastic job of containing what the truthers want to tell you is a "Chernobyl". It will be cleared in a short amount of time and everyone will be back to normal.

Reactions: MaxVolnGA
Unfortunately, everyone is playing a game of king of the hill. That's why we have regulations, and government oversight. People can't help themselves. They are just monkeys after all. That TOO can get out of control. Some evil has to happen. The object of the game is to LIMIT THE DAMAGE. Balance and smart management is the key. This was not such a bad event. It looked way worse than it was. Nobody said **** about the train wreck in detroit a week later. 🤧

Trump to Visit East Palestine in Wake of Train Derailment

Former President Trump plans to visit the town of East Palestine, Ohio, where a train derailment led to the release of toxic chemicals, next week.

Trump posted on Truth Social in response to a report that he was planning to make the trip that the residents of East Palestine are “Great people who need help, NOW!” He later posted that he will visit on Wednesday.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...t-east-palestine-in-wake-of-train-derailment/

They were also doners, and run by truthers.

The stupid part about frumpy is the rail roads were major donors to his campaigns in the past.

You're welcome, now use this bar of Lifebuoy to wash the lies and whataboutism out of your mouth.
No rule or regulation would have stopped the bearings from failing, no rules or regulations would have changed the outcome. The real question is was this accidental maintenance oversight, or did someone chunk a handful of sand in the bearings….the letter would seem unlikely, if it only happened here….

No rule or regulation would have stopped the bearings from failing, no rules or regulations would have changed the outcome. The real question is was this accidental maintenance oversight, or did someone chunk a handful of sand in the bearings….the letter would seem unlikely, if it only happened here….

What letter seems unlikely? Was it typed or handwritten, in block or cursive?
Seriously, with all the insane divisiveness in Murica today, vandalism, murderous intent and sabotage of trains wouldn't surprise me. It's happening with substations and schools. I guess planes are next.

Then there's the lingering cause of the mess.
1. Train safety regulation repealed during Trump administration | 9news.com

2. PolitiFact - Obama-era safety rule for high-hazard cargo trains was repealed under Trump

3. PolitiFact - Obama-era safety rule for high-hazard cargo trains was repealed under Trump

But you know the Republiars' drill: The truth isn't welcome unless it's in your favor, and/or denigrates your opponent(s).

Shouldn't this end this red herring argument about this case?

• Even if this safety rule had still been in effect, it would not have applied to the Norfolk Southern train that derailed in East Palestine, Ohio, because it was not categorized as a high-hazard cargo train.

Shouldn't this end this red herring argument about this case?
  • Even if this safety rule had still been in effect, it would not have applied to the Norfolk Southern train that derailed in East Palestine, Ohio, because it was not categorized as a high-hazard cargo train.
Perhaps. The real question is, why are you still replying to the post? Oh, I think I figured out why. You dislike anchovies and sardines, but love herrings. Especially red ones. Now, that's quite particular.

Hey now! You stop that! Cause Volingham in his wisdom says:

View attachment 537163

what?

my comment was the excuse that this was due to something Trump did is put to rest because the rule change would not apply in this particular case. the only connection to Pete is that he implied blame for the rule change

what?

my comment was the excuse that this was due to something Trump did is put to rest because the rule change would not apply in this particular case. the only connection to Pete is that he implied blame for the rule change

Just emp0loyi9ng the same tactics you use to bludgeon myself and others. Fun, isn't it?
mocking-emoticon-with-tongue-out-for-facebook.jpg

Are you literally insane? Asking for everyone's clarity here.

Of course, we are ButchPlz. How else could you explain the insane and constant back and forth betwixt us. The only difference is I freely admit to my insanity, you, on the other hand, Republie about yours.

VN Store

Back