'24 Transfer Portal

Depending on which is true, if he does go to UGA, balls out and beats the brakes off our DBs, then I’m going to have to really question who in the world is making these silly assumptions that “x player doesn’t fit our system”…if in fact that happened. If he just simply chooses UGA, then okay.

UGA hasn’t offered.

Vandy, UCF, NC St, Miss St, Colorado. Teams like that have offered

No, it was down right dirty regardless how some of you try to spin it. Maybe wait for the full picture to become clear. Don't hand out an offer you aren't willing to honor. To rescind an offer 4 days later is messed up and was unnecessary.
You're up there on a pretty high horse without any information whatsoever and berating anyone who disagrees with you. Nice move

No, it was down right dirty regardless how some of you try to spin it. Maybe wait for the full picture to become clear. Don't hand out an offer you aren't willing to honor. To rescind an offer 4 days later is messed up and was unnecessary.
No different than regular recruiting. Offers are passed out like candy. Not all are commitable. With a narrow window, teams will extend offers so they aren't seen as "late" in showing interest. Stroking the ego to be in the game. After a time and evaluations, teams might change their minds on a kid. Remember, this is a 30 day window. Everything happens faster. It's the way the portal is played. I got no problem with it. Kids play games and so do coaches. Goose/gander.

No different than regular recruiting. Offers are passed out like candy. Not all are commitable. With a narrow window, teams will extend offers so they aren't seen as "late" in showing interest. Stroking the ego to be in the game. After a time and evaluations, teams might change their minds on a kid. Remember, this is a 30 day window. Everything happens faster. It's the way the portal is played. I got no problem with it. Kids play games and so do coaches. Goose/gander.
All becuase its done in recruiting doesn't mean its not a dirty practice there too.

Even then, I'd argue its much different. Most of the current recruiting class is in place. You already have a mostly full roster in place and only have a limited number of transfers to take in. Yet here we are offering 4 tight ends, and then rescinding the offer of the best one. Wierd. Maybe there is some NIL disputes. But there should be more info leaked or it looks poorly on the surface.

You're up there on a pretty high horse without any information whatsoever and berating anyone who disagrees with you. Nice move
On the surface its a bad move. Surprised there is any disagreement there. Maybe there was some NIL disputes or misunderstanding that will come out later in the process. I guess I'm also just pissed. I don't see any sensibke reason to go for the other scrubs we are targeting over Joly. We are missing a golden opportunity to add a TE that was near the top in his position with receiving yards and had 2 years of elligibility left. Would have been a great addition to our offense.

All becuase its done in recruiting doesn't mean its not a dirty practice there too.

Even then, I'd argue its much different. Most of the current recruiting class is in place. You already have a mostly full roster in place and only have a limited number of transfers to take in. Yet here we are offering 4 tight ends, and then rescinding the offer of the best one. Wierd. Maybe there is some NIL disputes. But there should be more info leaked or it looks poorly on the surface.
Kids have always been free to make last minute switches. Never heard about how that was dirty of them to do. Let's be real. Commitment means nothing. It's a placeholder and nothing more. Now the NIL and portal have changed things completely. It's now a business. These aren't "kids" anymore. They're paid professionals and again, this is a business now....for both parties. They wanted money, freedom and choice. They got it, but the street runs both ways now. Can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
On the surface its a bad move. Surprised there is any disagreement there. Maybe there was some NIL disputes or misunderstanding that will come out later in the process. I guess I'm also just pissed. I don't see any sensibke reason to go for the other scrubs we are targeting over Joly. We are missing a golden opportunity to add a TE that was near the top in his position with receiving yards and had 2 years of elligibility left. Would have been a great addition to our offense.
Dude, you still stuck on this? It's been all day, like it or not this is what recruiting looks like. Maybe it's not for you?

On the surface it’s a bad move. Surprised there is any disagreement there. Maybe there was some NIL disputes or misunderstanding that will come out later in the process. I guess I'm also just pissed. I don't see any sensibke reason to go for the other scrubs we are targeting over Joly. We are missing a golden opportunity to add a TE that was near the top in his position with receiving yards and had 2 years of elligibility left. Would have been a great addition to our offense.
Joly isn’t the best TE in the portal anymore

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Teams send out hundreds of offers each year, knowing they can’t have that many players commit. They also offer people and tell them they wont accept their commitment until possibly a later time while the team tries to get better players that are rated higher on the board. Quit jamming up the thread. Maybe write a letter to the NCAA Karen.

Notre Dame tight end transfer Holden Staes will be on campus this weekend to check out Tennessee. He has hit it off early with Alec Abeln, and the Vols aim to push here this weekend. With transfers, things tend to get unpredictable, but we believe Staes is one who sees plenty of opportunity at the position in Knoxville. He will also see Washington and Oklahoma over the course of the next week, as he has generated real interest since entering the portal.
-VQ

There's more to tight-end-ing than catching.

Dude is tiny for a tight end and would not be able to block SEC defensive ends. You should stick Leacock at tight end—he can catch. Swain said as much.

VN Store

Back