'24 Transfer Portal

The TB portal thing is baffling to me. He’s a leader on the defense and the team had a really productive year. The only thing that makes sense to me is a money play / tampering from other teams.

But he’s entered before and came back we will see what happens. But it definitely increases need for more portal DLine.

As for Neiko Slaughter I like the kid and edge he plays with, but unfortunately our secondary struggles I’m not sure it’s an impact either way I feel like these DB portal entries are a wash. You maybe bring a guy or two in, or play talented young guys.

Reactions: berryvol
This one is what it is. He was in a bad secondary and didn’t really stand out. I’m just puzzled by Baron. We gotta a bunch of young and talented DEs, so I’m thinking maybe it’s NIL we weren’t willing to pay.
Baron nearly transferred a year ago or the year before. Kentucky was a rumored possible destination.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
This one is what it is. He was in a bad secondary and didn’t really stand out. I’m just puzzled by Baron. We gotta a bunch of young and talented DEs, so I’m thinking maybe it’s NIL we weren’t willing to pay.
Exactly what it is IMO. Two way street. Don’t think they wanted to lose him, but not going to go out of their way to keep him either. Similar to OU and Dillon Gabriel situation.

He walked on Senior Day and you expected him back? LOL
Many players who walked on Senior Day should be back. In the very least, it was thought many would be choosing between coming back and the NFL. But to choose to go to the portal intead is frustrating. Kind of makes you wonder where the kids head is at.

As an employer, I had an employee who thought she was indispensable. Kept talking about others approaching her and dropping hints among the other staff that she might be considering it. After a while, I just got to the point of wanting her to just go already. Wasn't going to raise her salary because she was already at the top end. When she finally did pull the trigger, it was actually a relief and the staff didn't miss her drama day in and day out. I had no trouble replacing her with an equally talented employee without the baggage and constant drama. For all Baron's talent, it was just time he finally did move on. Just a feeling, but I suspect UT was ready for it and will have no problems dealing with his departure.

As an employer, I had an employee who thought she was indispensable. Kept talking about others approaching her and dropping hints among the other staff that she might be considering it. After a while, I just got to the point of wanting her to just go already. Wasn't going to raise her salary because she was already at the top end. When she finally did pull the trigger, it was actually a relief and the staff didn't miss her drama day in and day out. I had no trouble replacing her with an equally talented employee without the baggage and constant drama. For all Baron's talent, it was just time he finally did move on. Just a feeling, but I suspect UT was ready for it and will have no problems dealing with his departure.

I don’t blame him. We can certainly use him but he put in his time here

To your point, I bet there are Covid players that may want to come back but the staff is ready for them to go on to give the younger players more time and open spots.

I know the staff could just not play them or tell them to leave but you don’t want people not to trust the staff’s family culture they are trying to build.

Drive thru manager and DE are two very different positions.

VN Store

Back