'24 Transfer Portal

No one really impressive in the portal, other than Ramsey and Arnold at safety. Arnold prob going to Michigan St.

After that at safety it’s kind of meh. Same with DB. Nyland Green, then meh

Get Green and Ramsey, maybe one more.
Wasn't there a corner from a lower level that we'd offered?

DB play hasn’t been *as bad* as many say. They’ve been playing soft zones behind blitzes. Leaves a lot of open space. That’s not WM’s call.
This is true, but it's also true that they have to play zone because the guys who are playing in the defensive backfield appararently can't play man.

Is that a development issue attributable to Martinez? A recruiting issue attributable to Martinez? A trust or preference for predominantly playing upperclassmen attributable to Martinez?

Those aren't rhetorical questions. I'm genuinely curious. We seem to have recruited some good players there in the last two classes, so hopefully we see some of then developing and contributing next season.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Tennessee will host Tulane transfer wideout Chris Brazzell later today into tomorrow. He is taking several quick visits this week.

- AP

www.on3.com

Chris Brazzell II - Tulane Green Wave - Wide Receiver

Explore Chris Brazzell II's athlete profile at On3.com. Get news and insights into his playing career, statistics, and achievements in sports.
www.on3.com
www.on3.com

Reactions: Jimmy Football
Syeed Gibbs. Haven’t heard anything else

Visiting Virginia, then GT before decision
That's the guy. Guess none of us know what we really have in our young DBs since they didn't play this year. An incoming freshman doesn't stand a chance of playing time with this staff based on how they handled minutes this year so that leads me to believe all these secondary defections are to make room for experienced players from the portal. Maybe Heupel is just really good at poker and not tipping his hand. Dunno, but I just have a hard time believing this staff will cruise into next season with so much untested youth on the back end. Something has to be in the works.

Tennessee will host Tulane transfer wideout Chris Brazzell later today into tomorrow. He is taking several quick visits this week.

- AP

www.on3.com

Chris Brazzell II - Tulane Green Wave - Wide Receiver

Explore Chris Brazzell II's athlete profile at On3.com. Get news and insights into his playing career, statistics, and achievements in sports.
www.on3.com
www.on3.com
I posted an article about him earlier this morning. Sounds like the type that Heupel favors....hard working diamond in the rough. One thing I can't find is his speed. Lot of video showing he'll battle for a ball and he has a basketball background so he high points the ball well enough. Just wonder if he has the kind of speed we all want to see?

I posted an article about him earlier this morning. Sounds like the type that Heupel favors....hard working diamond in the rough. One thing I can't find is his speed. Lot of video showing he'll battle for a ball and he has a basketball background so he high points the ball well enough. Just wonder if he has the kind of speed we all want to see?
Here’s what I love

He’s 6’5
Only a freshman this past season

Apparently, runs in the 4.5-4.6s

That's the guy. Guess none of us know what we really have in our young DBs since they didn't play this year. An incoming freshman doesn't stand a chance of playing time with this staff based on how they handled minutes this year so that leads me to believe all these secondary defections are to make room for experienced players from the portal. Maybe Heupel is just really good at poker and not tipping his hand. Dunno, but I just have a hard time believing this staff will cruise into next season with so much untested youth on the back end. Something has to be in the works.
I think Boo Carter has an instant path at Star.

Is Matthews healthy? He got injured in one of the last games but I can’t remember if he played again.
They aren’t out there enough for me to know hahaha.

If he’s healthy, that’s the lineup I’d rock. If we get UCLA safety, next year I’d probably do something like

LCB - RG
RCG - Matthews / Beasley
Safety - Andre Turrentine / John Slaughter
Safety - Kamari Ramsey / Farooq
Star - Jourdan Thomas / Boo Carter

Honestly, there's probably another 6 players, at least, that I could see deciding not to use their COVID year or hit the portal.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Heupel and Abeln are going to visit Jordan Dingle today according to govols247 Twitter page. Would be a solid TE pickup. I guess my question is would he be a backup plan to Staes or would they take them both?
You aren’t getting them both. Both wanna be the guy. Ethan Davis expects to play a bigger role. Not room for all 3
-AP

VN Store

Back