Transgender athlete wants to burn the us flag

What ? I’m going to wait for you to show me where I said it’s a get out jail free card or an excuse not to be self responsible. You do understand what free will as it relates to the Bible is talking about right ? Maybe we should start there . Free will is you choosing your path and either reaping the rewards of your good choices or suffering the consequences of your bad ones . Come on man .. you are better than that , change your bait out, the top water bait isn’t working .

What was hard to understand about your "free will" deflection after getting tweaked over the posters "made differently by god"?

Many in this forum and in in this thread note that transgender and homosexuality is a mental disorder, do they not? If that's the case, I'm asking you - wouldn't it stand to reason that these people were born with an innate disorder and that "free will" wasn't an option? Or do you irrationally believe people choose to have a mental illness?

You had me right up until you put the made differently by god part . I feel bad for your loss as well as his families but getting married and having kids , coming out , then committing suicide sounds like a lot of personal free will choices .

What was hard to understand about your "free will" deflection after getting tweaked over the posters "made differently by god"?

Many in this forum and in in this thread note that transgender and homosexuality is a mental disorder, do they not? If that's the case, I'm asking you - wouldn't it stand to reason that these people were born with an innate disorder and that "free will" wasn't an option? Or do you irrationally believe people choose to have a mental illness?

Dude you are trying WAY to hard , to put words in my mouth , and get me to say what you want me to , just for a gotcha that’s not going to happen . I didn’t get tweaked , I didn’t deflect , I didn’t stutter , I was very clear about what “free will” as it pertains to the Bible actually means . If you are born gay you dont get married to the opposite sex unless you choose to ( free will ) you don’t have kids unless you choose to ( free will ) you most certainly don’t commit suicide intentionally unless you choose to ( absolute free will ) . I don’t care what others have called it .. life is all about choices , consequences, risks , rewards , and responsibilities. Now unless you want me to print you up a coloring book with pics along with sending you a super sized box of crayons so you can have extra to eat while you color in the pics .. I can’t help you understand it any easier . 😉

Reactions: AM64
NCAA and IOC just need to have a seperate "Transgender" division.
That would create a new problem instead of compounding another. They are more than happy to let this create havoc on and ruin women's athletics which they show little regard for anyway.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
JFC dude. You are in peak willfully obtuse form right now. Who is pissing and moaning other than you? You have to mischaracterize every post I've made in this exchange just so that you can attack the straw man with your typical nihilistic arguments.

Do me a favor and quit reading more than the words I type in my posts. You're putting extra hot sauce on everything.

His MO. They could remove usernames on posts and you could spot his.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Dude you are trying WAY to hard , to put words in my mouth , and get me to say what you want me to , just for a gotcha that’s not going to happen . I didn’t get tweaked , I didn’t deflect , I didn’t stutter , I was very clear about what “free will” as it pertains to the Bible actually means . If you are born gay you dont get married to the opposite sex unless you choose to ( free will ) you don’t have kids unless you choose to ( free will ) you most certainly don’t commit suicide intentionally unless you choose to ( absolute free will ) . I don’t care what others have called it .. life is all about choices , consequences, risks , rewards , and responsibilities. Now unless you want me to print you up a coloring book with pics along with sending you a super sized box of crayons so you can have extra to eat while you color in the pics .. I can’t help you understand it any easier . 😉

Despite you unnecessary slights, it would appear that you're working overtime at giving non-answer answers to the question.

Do you believe being transgender or homosexual is a choice?

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Despite you unnecessary slights, it would appear that you're working overtime at giving non-answer answers to the question.

Did I not send multiple post saying that the person in question made those choices that were talked about , did I also tell you that I didn’t care what others said ? You can’t be this dumb that you just keep pushing here .

I know you didn't ask me but I would say for the majority no, it isn't a choice. But for some it is.

This opinion is based on feedback from some family members who are gay that I've felt comfortable enough to ask and discuss with without them being offended.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I know you didn't ask me but I would say for the majority no, it isn't a choice. But for some it is.

This opinion is based on feedback from some family members who are gay that I've felt comfortable enough to ask and discuss with without them being offended.

Septic was trying to pin me down and answer the way he wants me to . Just how he works .

Reactions: BreatheUT
Septic was trying to pin me down and answer the way he wants me to . Just how he works .

No, but the fact that you wouldn't respond was telling in and of itself.

I suspect that you either believe it's a choice or you feel that they are born that way and thus, mentally ill.

If I'm wrong, just say so.

Last edited:

I know some to, and to a person - they ask me if being heterosexual was a choice that I consciously need to make and that'd be my answer. None of them claimed that they'd made the choice to be attracted to same sex, it was innate.

Do you believe the ones that you're referring to that "made the choice" are mentally ill, as many here claim they are?

I know some to, and to a person - they ask me if being heterosexual was a choice that I consciously need to make and that'd be my answer. None of them claimed that they'd made the choice to be attracted to same sex, it was innate.

Do you believe the ones that you're referring to that "made the choice" are mentally ill, as many here claim they are?

Funny to me that being gay or transgender is a mental disease but thinking you have a "personal relationship" with an invisible deity you've never actually conversed with or even have any real proof exists is 100% normal.

No, but the fact that you wouldn't respond was telling in and of itself.

I suspect that you either believe it's a choice or you feel that they are born that way and thus, mentally ill.

If I'm wrong, just say so.

The fact that you can’t get someone to answer the way you want them to answer is on you . It’s one of two things .. a lack of people skills or bad tactics due to a lack of people skills . I’m leaning toward the second one being the main reason I won’t answer the way you want me to .

No, not mentally ill. The one that believes and understands it to be their choice suffered great trauma as a child, (hit by a dump truck on a bike, years of rehab skin grafts etc) was in a relationship and had a child with a woman and never considered themselves gay. She was a horrible person though, I won't go into that part. He didn't consider a relationship with a male until years later but then it was innate as you stated.

I think he would be the exception rather than the rule. The vast majority I'm sure don't make the choice.

He's not mentally ill, but I would say he went through extreme emotional and physical distress. Is it related, maybe, maybe not but I don't think being gay is a mental disorder.

Funny to me that being gay or transgender is a mental disease but thinking you have a "personal relationship" with an invisible deity you've never actually conversed with or even have any real proof exists is 100% normal.

And yet nobody is trying to force you into a relationship with god or any other deity. You’re free to think religious people are nut jobs and say it as loud as you want. Likewise people can function in society without thinking a dude dress in drag or two dudes getting it on is a beautiful thing.

It pretty much is in western civilization. These people built the world you enjoy.

Reactions: 508mikey
The fact that you can’t get someone to answer the way you want them to answer is on you . It’s one of two things .. a lack of people skills or bad tactics due to a lack of people skills . I’m leaning toward the second one being the main reason I won’t answer the way you want me to .

I've given you options and explained that you could simply tell me if I'm wrong. Have I created a dichotomy that you can't find your way out of? If I'm wrong, say so. You don't owe me an answer but I've never known you to duck and cover like this, it's odd.

Do I understand you to believe that you're 'leaning' towards mental illness?

I've given you options and explained that you could simply tell me if I'm wrong. Have I created a dichotomy that you can't find your way out of? If I'm wrong, say so. You don't owe me an answer but I've never known you to duck and cover like this, it's odd.

Do I understand you to believe that you're 'leaning' towards mental illness?

I do enjoy the switch in tactics to a softer approach trying to get me to answer . You’ve almost got me convinced . Maybe one or two more tries .

I do enjoy the switch in tactics to a softer approach trying to get me to answer . You’ve almost got me convinced . Maybe one or two more tries .

Again, your non-answer answer and continued deflection are your tell. The question should be an easy one to answer for most, it appears you're afraid to own your belief in a anonymous forum that is centered around discussions about personal beliefs.

Being addicted to something isn’t a choice. Acting on that addiction is. I have a friend who has a problem collecting things. He describes it as an ocd compulsion once he gets an item stuck in his head. He only allows himself to collect certain things. That’s how he uses free will to act on his compulsion.
Many desires are not a choice. Acting on then is.
For some being Gay isn’t a choice. Acting on it is.

In a free society people should be able to act on their choices as they see fit.
It’s not terribly complicated

VN Store

Back