Trump has the virus

I don't think you would call it "hyperbole" if a host for a Fox News opinion show said the same thing. So, why call it hyperbole from her?
The words horrific and others are intentionally over the top.

And yes Fox and all partisan media is often hyperbolic. I'm not a partisan hack, both parties suck donkey balls as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Y9 Vol and McDad
But the truth came out a few weeks ago and the actual death toll at that time due solely to covid turned out to be about 10,000. It's a flu virus. Pretty serious if you're as old as Trump or in poor health overall but not much of a threat for most people.
That doesn't tell the whole story. Per the CDC, the number of deaths from the seasonal flu during the 2018-19 influenza season were 34,200. The only way to arrive at that number is to include people who also had pre-existing, life threatening conditions at the time of their deaths. What your post is missing, is that this is how deaths are calculated with the seasonal flu.

That doesn't tell the whole story. Per the CDC, the number of deaths from the seasonal flu during the 2018-19 influenza season were 34,200. The only way to arrive at that number is too include people who also had pre-existing, life threatening conditions at the time of their deaths. What your post is missing, is that this is how deaths are calculated with the seasonal flu.

The whole story is that this was overhyped. In China they are already encouraging huge crowds to get out and spend money to boost their own economy. If Biden doesn't completely bungle the apparent lead the fawning media has given him and ends up winning the election he will encourage people to do the same here in the US. And coronavirus pandemic will go down in history as the biggest political snow job ever.

That doesn't tell the whole story. Per the CDC, the number of deaths from the seasonal flu during the 2018-19 influenza season were 34,200. The only way to arrive at that number is to include people who also had pre-existing, life threatening conditions at the time of their deaths. What your post is missing, is that this is how deaths are calculated with the seasonal flu.

You are entering into the "bless your heart" zone BB.

The whole story is that this was overhyped. In China they are already encouraging huge crowds to get out and spend money to boost their own economy. If Biden doesn't completely bungle the apparent lead the fawning media has given him and ends up winning the election he will encourage people to do the same here in the US. And coronavirus pandemic will go down in history as the biggest political snow job ever.
Overhyped? That is funny. You see we have Trump on an audio recording telling Bob Woodward that he is well aware that he has been "playing down" the threat of the Coronavirus. Trump makes it very clear to Woodward that he understands how serious the virus is (in March!) and how easily it is spread. Democrats didn't make this up. Trump put it on tape.

And you can't blame Democrats for the projections of the CDC. That is not a political agency.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Overhyped? That is funny. You see we have Trump on an audio recording telling Bob Woodward that he is well aware that he has been "playing down" the threat of the Coronavirus. Trump makes it very clear to Woodward that he understands how serious the virus is (in March!) and how easily it is spread. Democrats didn't make this up. Trump put it on tape.

And you can't blame Democrats for the projections of the CDC. That is not a political agency.
He also said the same thing in front of the American people

Trump, the most well known non masked human, getting covid seems to have really shaken the population. I drove thru Maryville earlier and all the restaurant parking lots were packed.

So around the 14 day mark for quarantine to end, if he does quarantine, is right when the second debate is supposed to begin. I wouldn’t put it past trump to fake getting it and then claiming he “beat” it during the second debate.

Flu testing is also done on an order of magnitude less than Covid testing. I think it's a fair assumption to say that 34,200 number would be an order of magnitude higher if every dead patient were tested, and every death were considered a flu death.

I

I agree with all except Trump being the catalyst. It's debatable that the left isn't more responsible as there is evidence they weaponized or at least attempted to weaponize the government against Trump in the lead up to and aftermath of the election.
I guess the question is, what do you do when you recognize a clear and present danger to our democracy? (which Trump was/is)

I am seeing criticism here of reported comments of people supposedly celebrating the positive test. I don't get that. If it's true, those comments should be condemned.

I do think it is possible to see the political irony here: for his political purposes Trump has minimized the virus, including denigrating people who wore masks. And then he ends up with the virus a month from the election. I see nothing wrong with pointing that out and in turn hoping it causes him to rethink some of what he has said and done on this subject so far. But that's for the good of everyone, not just him.

Personally, I loathe Trump. But simply as a human being, I would not wish him to suffer from this. That's just called being a good person. And its possible to criticize his approach to the virus but also hope he recovers quickly and we move forward.

That is the exact opposite of what Trump was saying in front of the American people in February and March. We can easily prove that too. The timeline works against Trump. He was intentionally misleading the American people.
No more than people who were telling the people of their cities and districts that the subways were safe and go to Chinatown. Despite what you libs want our President will be fine.

I guess the question is, what do you do when you recognize a clear and present danger to our democracy? (which Trump was/is)
If he was/is then there is evidence. No need to manufacture it. Unfortunately for them the fears weren't grounded in reality. The real issue here is one unprincipled, unscrupulous power hungry egomaniac got upset because another was obviously more palatable than they were and the writng was on the wall.

Reactions: Y9 Vol
for his political purposes Trump has minimized the virus, including denigrating people who wore masks. And then he ends up with the virus a month from the election. I see nothing wrong with pointing that out
There is nothing wrong with pointing this out. You would need a chain saw to cut through the irony here.

Reactions: OHvol40
So around the 14 day mark for quarantine to end, if he does quarantine, is right when the second debate is supposed to begin. I wouldn’t put it past trump to fake getting it and then claiming he “beat” it during the second debate.
How much tin foil do you have left after coming up with that.

I mean clearly the WH medical staff will sell out their professional integrity to propagate a lie like that.

Don’t ever mock Qanon again or you’re a hypocrite 👍

Reactions: Y9 Vol
How much tin foil do you have left after coming up with that.

I mean clearly the WH medical staff will sell out their professional integrity to propagate a lie like that.

Don’t ever mock Qanon again or you’re a hypocrite 👍

It's no "heat lasers are starting the California fires" but yeah, it's pretty farfetched.

VN Store

Back