Trump has the virus

Ok, you need to explain that one.
In the wake of the collapse of the financial sector in 2008 came the Dodd-Frank Act which created the CFPB which was the brainchild of Elizabeth Warren. The agency is funded out of the Federal reserve and originally designed with no oversight and put some hefty restrictions and compliance on Banks and lending in the name of righting the wrongs of the financial industry. Many community banks and small lenders had to fold or sell because they simply couldn't afford the time and cost of compliance which was the same for them as it was for multi-billion $ banks. The result: Elizabeth Warren's "fix"made credit harder to come by.

Do you think the same of plumbers? I'm no different than a plumber. The only real difference between plumbers and nongovernment lawyers is that fewer people can learn to be a lawyer than a plumber so I can charge a higher premium for my expertise.
If a chemical engineer is an over educated plumber, what then is a lawyer?

Reactions: AM64
That's why a plumber with a high school education and a few years experience makes twice what an associate lawyer makes and will for quite some time. And it didn't cost him $100k to get started.
Yeah but a skilled attorney can make between a half million and several million a year. Plumbers are awesome. So are electricians. I enjoy both as a hobby.

Do you think the same of plumbers? I'm no different than a plumber. The only real difference between plumbers and nongovernment lawyers is that fewer people can learn to be a lawyer than a plumber so I can charge a higher premium for my expertise.

Plumbers solve problems. They rarely create them.

If a chemical engineer is an over educated plumber, what then is a lawyer?
Lawyers like me are like plumbers. Criminal law, wills, divorced. People you would look up in your yellow pages. Chemical engineers rarely work for themselves so they're different. More like big city specialized firms.

In the wake of the collapse of the financial sector in 2008 came the Dodd-Frank Act which created the CFPB which was the brainchild of Elizabeth Warren. The agency is funded out of the Federal reserve and originally designed with no oversight and put some hefty restrictions and compliance on Banks and lending in the name of righting the wrongs of the financial industry. Many community banks and small lenders had to fold or sell because they simply couldn't afford the time and cost of compliance which was the same for them as it was for multi-billion $ banks. The result: Elizabeth Warren's "fix"made credit harder to come by.
I know some good folks that lost their local bank for just that reason. Compliance costs.

We have exploded the last 2 years, nothing Biden is proposing makes me think the growth will continue.
He spouts all these grandiose claims about the millions of jobs that will be created by the GND, retrofitting a million buildings with new triple sash windows, building electric vehicles to replace all the government fleets, building 500,000 charging stations, etc. But it all sounds like rainbows and unicorns to me. Meanwhile their plans would gut the energy industry, driving the price of gas and diesel outta sight and electricity too. And taxes going up on everybody (because the consumer always pays in the end) in spite of their only targeting those making $400k on income tax hikes.

You come up with a viable alternative, I'm all ears. But we have this system, so I learned to be an expert in this system.

Lawyers should be barred from holding elected office. All criminal prosecutions should be financed by the state on both sides, whatever the prosecution budgets to spend should be allocated to the defendant for an adequate defense. All federal judgeships should have terms.

Those are some.

Lawyers like me are like plumbers. Criminal law, wills, divorced. People you would look up in your yellow pages. Chemical engineers rarely work for themselves so they're different. More like big city specialized firms.
This chemical engineer works for himself... after working for others for long enough.

Reactions: AM64

A good plumber is harder to find than a lawyer. Hell there are more commercials on TV for lawyers than there are for plumbers.

I know some good folks that lost their local bank for just that reason. Compliance costs.
It's not a sexy topic for the general public, but it's been a very real issue that affects people whether they know it or not.

Reactions: hog88
Lawyers should be barred from holding elected office. All criminal prosecutions should be financed by the state on both sides, whatever the prosecution budgets to spend should be allocated to the defendant for an adequate defense. All federal judgeships should have terms.

Those are some.
Fair. No prob with that. There's enough types of law re business, death, breaking up, earnings, injury and loads more to still make money helping people in their private affairs.

VN Store

Back