Trump has the virus

He thinks there’s a national organization that tells all lawyers how to think and controls their licensure. Like the Illuminati of lawyers.
Either lawyers are actually a hive mind, or all the supposed lawyers on here are actually one lawyer with multiple alt accounts who is so good at his job, he gets all of his work done by 8:15 and spends the rest of his time posting here.

But everybody here who claims to be a lawyer is indistinguishable to me in thought and diction to any of the others.

My state legislature is predominantly conservative leaning lawmakers who write the laws I work under. Lots of farmers, bankers, and general businessmen turned to politics. Lawyers are politicians too but its pretty evenly split between lawyers and nonlawyers.
In Oregon?

I’m all for people being successful and living their life. It becomes troublesome if your company turns into a billion dollar enterprise that forgets its roots and slowly destroys the middle and lower class of this country. The boogeyman in this country isn’t Trump or really any President. It’s corporate oligarchy.

How exactly does a billion dollar industry destroy the middle and lower class?

But I must ask, what do you expect Biden and company to do about it this time?

Reactions: jaybird_1981
My state legislature is predominantly conservative leaning lawmakers who write the laws I work under. Lots of farmers, bankers, and general businessmen turned to politics. Lawyers are politicians too but its pretty evenly split between lawyers and nonlawyers.

I thought you lived in WA?

Obama saying “You didn’t build that!” tells you all you need to know about how they view the small business owner.
I always had a soft spot for Hillary back in the early 90's when she started her healthcare push. Somebody brought up the negative impact of the burden of her plan on small business. Her quote...." we can't be responsible for every undercapitalized small business person in the country." My response would be F*** you B****.

The irony of him constantly mocking Biden and saying how Covid is no big deal - while he takes a helicopter to Walter Reed for just testing positive is pretty hilarious.
Meh.... the president ... no matter who it is.... is always treated with kid gloves

How exactly does a billion dollar industry destroy the middle and lower class?

But I must ask, what do you expect Biden and company to do about it this time?

To answer your first question, by becoming solely profit driven and abandoning your people who work for you. When it becomes to cheaper to replace you, we’ve lost our way. Loyalty doesn’t exist anymore. Wages haven’t kept up with inflation in decades. It just so happens to coincide with Reagan deregulating business. Guess what? They immediately became ran by shareholders who cared about one thing only.

As for your second question, nope.

Reactions: AM64
Either lawyers are actually a hive mind, or all the supposed lawyers on here are actually one lawyer with multiple alt accounts who is so good at his job, he gets all of his work done by 8:15 and spends the rest of his time posting here.

But everybody here who claims to be a lawyer is indistinguishable to me in thought and diction to any of the others.

RockyTop85 has always seemed a bit more reasonable and does actually have a more professional approach. I don't agree with him much, but there is some generally some substance in what he posts.

Reactions: 37L1
I’m all for people being successful and living their life. It becomes troublesome if your company turns into a billion dollar enterprise that forgets its roots and slowly destroys the middle and lower class of this country. The boogeyman in this country isn’t Trump or really any President. It’s corporate oligarchy.
A business does not become large by sheer will. Amazon didn't go from a garage to a behemoth because Bezos had a sickass vision board. The consumer makes or breaks the market. And there is zero point in a consumer driven economy for a company to destroy its customer base.

The part in bold is outrageously false. Trump voters are in complete denial of who he is. He is not a counter puncher. He is an antagonistic, loud-mouthed bully.

... and do you really want to play the hypocrisy card right now? With all of the flip-flop, partisan statements that Senate Republicans can be confronted with over filling the Supreme Court in an election year?
Trump was attacked and ridiculed during the 2016 Campaign and now it’s coming out that the Hillary campaign with Obama’s/Biden’s knowledge orchestrated a campaign to manufacture a Russian collusion narrative within the Trump campaign. Many Democratic Senators and Congressman announced they were going to try to impeach Trump before he even took the oath of office because they despised him for beating their chosen Hillary Clinton. Trump has been slammed for four years and had been counter punching for the same amount of time. Trump is relentless and never backs down from a war of words. Exactly the kind of person we need in the White House. More importantly he was an outsider and not a long term bureaucrat like Biden and others who are as crooked and unethical as they come. Stop watching MSNBC and CNN. You are the puppet and they are the puppeteers pulling your strings and molding your brain to think like they do. Look at all opinions and information objectively. Don’t let one news outlet brainwash you and tell you how you are supposed to think. I look at Fox, CNN and MSNBC and come to my own conclusions whose reporting has more merit than the others.

Last edited:
The whole statement is downplaying, that’s why I posted it. Are you really willing to beclown yourself by pretending not to understand how telling a half truth is downplaying? Even dumbass Donald understands it. He admitted to it. He was also telling Woodward around this same time that he didn’t even believe what he was saying. He believed 5-10% would die from the virus. Surely you have more dignity than to play dumb like that.
I guarantee you there are a ton of people out there that experienced it just as he described....but oh no... he should have said if you’re 78 years old with 2.6 additional comorbidities, then you’re gonna die. ......

To answer your first question, by becoming solely profit driven and abandoning your people who work for you. When it becomes to cheaper to replace you, we’ve lost our way. Loyalty doesn’t exist anymore. Wages haven’t kept up with inflation in decades. It just so happens to coincide with Reagan deregulating business. Guess what? They immediately became ran by shareholders who cared about one thing only.

As for your second question, nope.

Loyalty is a 2 way street and while I agree with you to a point, deregulation started under Carter.

I abhor the “you’re only as good as your last quarter” mentality that permeates companies these days. But again that started under Clinton. There is a reason Wall Street pumps more money into Dem candidates than Republicans.

The part in bold is outrageously false. Trump voters are in complete denial of who he is. He is not a counter puncher. He is an antagonistic, loud-mouthed bully.

... and do you really want to play the hypocrisy card right now? With all of the flip-flop, partisan statements that Senate Republicans can be confronted with over filling the Supreme Court in an election year?
Supreme Court is a power move. Democrats in a similar position would do the same. The Republican Senate had the power in both 2016 and 2020 so it has already been decided by election results. Tough break for the Democrats but you just need to get over it. Plus it is payback for the despicable crucification of Brett Kavanaugh’s character during his nomination process.

A business does not become large by sheer will. Amazon didn't go from a garage to a behemoth because Bezos had a sickass vision board. The consumer makes or breaks the market. And there is zero point in a consumer driven economy for a company to destroy its customer base.

The consumer has to have income or there is no chance of the consumer making the market. I think that was GoBigOrangeUT's point. Without workers, you have no consumers; it's a symbiotic relationship.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back