Trump Is an Ideological Authoritarian

You can't be serious? Again, I am telling you. If you work for a news organization and come up with a story that does not meet the agenda of the ownership you will be an outcast professionally. They have always been biased but facts and story have always come first, not lately. When the organizations were smaller they actually competed for news stories, first with the story got the viewers attention and the advertisers. They did not have the luxury of sifting thru stories, spinning stories or slanting stories because they would have been eaten alive. It was dog eat dog which worked very well for the American people, we heard it all. Now they no longer compete for stories, they collude on stories and its no longer dog eat dog it employer eat dog. They are now no different than the state run media in China or Russia and light years from where they were only 50 years ago. They have abused the freedom of the press and turned their organizations into propaganda rags, making the news instead of reporting the news. You only hear what they decide is important. Listen everyday and they will mold your thoughts.
Why do you think it happened that way?

Corvettes are not illegal. So drug dealers should be compensated for the drugs seized by law enforcement by your logic?

Are were drugs legal?

You realize that in no time during our history has the gov ever made a piece of property illegal and didn’t grandfather currently owners or offer compensation? If they can do that with bump stocks they can do it with ANY piece of property. But I’m betting that you can’t wrap your brain around that.

Are were drugs legal?

You realize that in no time during our history has the gov ever made a piece of property illegal and didn’t grandfather currently owners or offer compensation? If they can do that with bump stocks they can do it with ANY piece of property. But I’m betting that you can’t wrap your brain around that.

Don't care. I will not shed a tear for their loss. Trying to get around a law is nothing I support. I will now play the worlds smallest violin for your bleeding heart.

Are were drugs legal?

Didn't prohibition do exactly that? I don't believe anyone was compensated for their inventory or production equipment.

Didn't prohibition do exactly that? I don't believe anyone was compensated for their inventory or production equipment.

Production equipment wasn’t required to be destroyed or turned over to the government. People did not have to turn over their liquor already in their possession.

Production equipment wasn’t required to be destroyed or turned over to the government. People did not have to turn over their liquor already in their possession.
So it was not illegal to possess alcohol? I really don't know how it worked.

So it was not illegal to possess alcohol? I really don't know how it worked.

The 18th amendment only forbade manufacturing, selling and transporting booze. And it didn't cover all manufacturing either.

The 18th amendment only forbade manufacturing, selling and transporting booze. And it didn't cover all manufacturing either.
Then my only angle would be, what happened to the inventory of manufacturers? Were they compensated when it became illegal? They obviously built the inventory when it was legal.

So are corvettes, but I don’t want the .gov to have the ability to take property without compensation.

Without “ just compensation “ they tend to pay what they want and pretty much tell you to suck it .

Then my only angle would be, what happened to the inventory of manufacturers? Were they compensated when it became illegal? They obviously built the inventory when it was legal.

A lot of it was sold oversees/Canada and for "medical use" here. The manufactures had time and were not prevented from selling their inventory.

"I bet you scores of conservatives are turning over in their grave right now listening to all of these big government approaches," Wyden said. "Their proposal today amounts to nothing short of a speech police."

White House proposal would have FCC and FTC police alleged social media censorship - CNN
Crap article. They state they have seen the draft but dont actually link it in any of the options I clicked on. They also reference someone else who has seen it, politico, but that link also doesnt display or link to the draft they have actually seen.

They do make a good point about these companies not being responsible for the content generated by the public.

But nothing I read in there was "policing" it sounds like the draft calls for a place where people can make complaints. And then the FTC and FCC will take a look to see fair or foul. Not that they are actually saying yes/no on content as generated. It would only be after the fact, as is.

Now it's also crap that this is an EO and not an actual law.

Why do you think it happened that way?

Thanks Obama!!

For decades, a so-called anti-propaganda law prevented the U.S. government’s mammoth broadcasting arm from delivering programming to American audiences.

In 2013, the National Defense Authorization Act repealed the longstanding ban on using propaganda on American citizens by the government.

The bill would essentially neutralize two previous acts—the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 and Foreign Relations Authorization Act in 1987—that had been passed to protect U.S. audiences from our own government’s misinformation campaigns.

Trying to stop drug use is an impossible task. It would be the same in China if they had the time to use drugs and the money to pay for them. Legalize them all and have the government manufacture and distribute them at low low prices to reduce taxes. Give the users all they want and let evolution do its job.

You can't be serious? Again, I am telling you. If you work for a news organization and come up with a story that does not meet the agenda of the ownership you will be an outcast professionally. They have always been biased but facts and story have always come first, not lately. When the organizations were smaller they actually competed for news stories, first with the story got the viewers attention and the advertisers. They did not have the luxury of sifting thru stories, spinning stories or slanting stories because they would have been eaten alive. It was dog eat dog which worked very well for the American people, we heard it all. Now they no longer compete for stories, they collude on stories and its no longer dog eat dog it employer eat dog. They are now no different than the state run media in China or Russia and light years from where they were only 50 years ago. They have abused the freedom of the press and turned their organizations into propaganda rags, making the news instead of reporting the news. You only hear what they decide is important. Listen everyday and they will mold your thoughts.
Are you a professional journalist? Nothing wrong with listening to all of them. The key is to understand the difference between facts and the narratives that follow them

My favorite part on that thread is it is virtually all dumb **** Trump has said, and nothing he has done. He's been in office four years.

Even after 4 years of failed schemes to rule the country, he had a chance to take control with an iron fist like Supreme ruler Whitmer and didn't do it.

Worst fascist ever IMO.

My favorite part on that thread is it is virtually all dumb **** Trump has said, and nothing he has done. He's been in office four years.

Even after 4 years of failed schemes to rule the country, he had a chance to take control with an iron fist like Supreme ruler Whitmer and didn't do it.

Worst fascist ever IMO.

Do you know what ideological means?

I agree with your final sentiment that he's mostly ineffective at achieving his objectives

Do you know what ideological means?

I agree with your final sentiment that he's mostly ineffective at achieving his objectives
Ineffective? How about comprising a list of his attempts at a facist takeover that failed?

I think it's hilarious watching the left walk the tight rope of "Trump is a facist / Russian spy/ white nationalist etc etc" and then turn around say he's just a moron.

Trying to form a coherent ideological facist from the ramblings of Trump is like trying to get the theory of general relativity from the ramblings of a toddler.

You might as well be reading the future from chicken bones in a pot.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back