Trump Is an Ideological Authoritarian

Trump is the white board on which "conservatives," evangelicals, and bigots write their hopes and dreams, disregarding the tremendous "grand bargain" they have made with their so-called souls. He goes along to get votes. This is th con and make no mistake--he excels at that game. One day pro choice, the next pro life, whatever, because all he cares about is his own political survival made worse now by the certainty of indictments should he not survive 2020.
His followers get what they want. Religious fundamentalists get "pro-life" judges. Plutocrats get their tax breaks, industrialists get environmental protections rolled back, and bigots get implicit and explicit approval for their hatred of dark skin, "weird" accents, and alternative lifestyles.

This is just stupid. And for the record I despise trump.

This isn't the first time.

On Saturday, the New York Times reported that Pentagon and intelligence officials kept certain details from the president regarding a new U.S. military program that included cyber warfare attacks on Russia because of “the possibility that [Trump] might countermand it or discuss it with foreign officials.”

On Sunday morning, President Donald Trump, angered by the story, took to Twitter to blast both the New York Times and the Washington Post, calling both “the Enemy of the People.” Included in his dangerous tweet, the president also floated the idea of staying in office longer that what is constitutionally allowable because his supporters might “demand that I stay longer.”

Trump Loves to Say He May Not Leave Office After Two Terms, and It’s Dangerous

When someone from the field tells you something you should listen occasionally. How can a press/media that has no freedom help the people? How? Once the freedom was purchased, and now closely controlled by a handful of like thinking people, that disappeared. The free press services that still exist are too small to make a difference. Just because they mainly publish liberish that you agree with does not make them right. Fox news same story. Anyone who covers a story that is opposite the agenda gets fired. Thats the free press of 2019.

Do you think the free press of 2019 is any different than the free press of 1819 or 1919? Newspapers have always followed the politics of the person or people who owned them. The same is true for radio and television stations. You are right that the ownership of newspapers and broadcast media is in fewer hands, but don't make the mistake of thinking those owners are doing anything different than their peers from one or two centuries back.

This isn't the first time.

On Saturday, the New York Times reported that Pentagon and intelligence officials kept certain details from the president regarding a new U.S. military program that included cyber warfare attacks on Russia because of “the possibility that [Trump] might countermand it or discuss it with foreign officials.”

On Sunday morning, President Donald Trump, angered by the story, took to Twitter to blast both the New York Times and the Washington Post, calling both “the Enemy of the People.” Included in his dangerous tweet, the president also floated the idea of staying in office longer that what is constitutionally allowable because his supporters might “demand that I stay longer.”

Trump Loves to Say He May Not Leave Office After Two Terms, and It’s Dangerous

Let him try. He would be arrested, tried and imprisoned for treason and a coup attempt. Trump knows that and is far too chicken$hit to try it.

Do you think the free press of 2019 is any different than the free press of 1819 or 1919? Newspapers have always followed the politics of the person or people who owned them. The same is true for radio and television stations. You are right that the ownership of newspapers and broadcast media is in fewer hands, but don't make the mistake of thinking those owners are doing anything different than their peers from one or two centuries back.

Difference is, then, there were no qualms about what paper sided with who, it was openly acknowledged to be that way, and both sides were represented, and both sides knew who was on what side.

6 corporations own and control 90% of the "disbursement of news": News Corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, CBS and Comcast own 90% of the TV stations, radio stations, movies, magazines and newspapers that 277 million Americans rely on for news and entertainment

five dominate the industry: Time Warner, Disney, Murdoch's News Corporation, Bertelsmann of Germany and Viacom.

Six Corporations Own 90% of News Media - Truth! - Truth or Fiction?

These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America

Then, you had individuals who ran a press, and subscribed to a certain political thought and they openly said so, and money/earnings was secondary, if barely considered, and there were hundreds/thousands across the country of individuals like them doing the same. Today, it is a top heavy power stranglehold dominated by and pushed by earnings and agenda's.

You can't be serious? Again, I am telling you. If you work for a news organization and come up with a story that does not meet the agenda of the ownership you will be an outcast professionally. They have always been biased but facts and story have always come first, not lately. When the organizations were smaller they actually competed for news stories, first with the story got the viewers attention and the advertisers. They did not have the luxury of sifting thru stories, spinning stories or slanting stories because they would have been eaten alive. It was dog eat dog which worked very well for the American people, we heard it all. Now they no longer compete for stories, they collude on stories and its no longer dog eat dog it employer eat dog. They are now no different than the state run media in China or Russia and light years from where they were only 50 years ago. They have abused the freedom of the press and turned their organizations into propaganda rags, making the news instead of reporting the news. You only hear what they decide is important. Listen everyday and they will mold your thoughts.

You mean like the dems and some in the FBI have been doing for 3 years?

Right. A coup attempt is a seizure of power through sudden and often violent measures. It does not happen through Congress or the Court. What Conservatives have been whining about ad nauseum was an investigation - not a witch hunt, head hunt or a coup de etat.

Reactions: zeppelin128
You can't be serious? Again, I am telling you. If you work for a news organization and come up with a story that does not meet the agenda of the ownership you will be an outcast professionally. They have always been biased but facts and story have always come first, not lately. When the organizations were smaller they actually competed for news stories, first with the story got the viewers attention and the advertisers. They did not have the luxury of sifting thru stories, spinning stories or slanting stories because they would have been eaten alive. It was dog eat dog which worked very well for the American people, we heard it all. Now they no longer compete for stories, they collude on stories and its no longer dog eat dog it employer eat dog. They are now no different than the state run media in China or Russia and light years from where they were only 50 years ago. They have abused the freedom of the press and turned their organizations into propaganda rags, making the news instead of reporting the news. You only hear what they decide is important. Listen everyday and they will mold your thoughts.

Look up yellow journalism and get back to me. Also look up the phrase "Ma, ma, where's my pa?" Slander and libel. It's an American journalistic tradition.

Look up yellow journalism and get back to me. Also look up the phrase "Ma, ma, where's my pa?" Slander and libel. It's an American journalistic tradition.

I think the announcement this morning shows the party is coming out of the closet by beginning to eliminate opposing views from convention broadcasts and trying to make it a crafted state media event, much like the annual Party meetings in China. Walter Cronkite just flipped over and he was one of the most biased newscasters ever.

It's cool. I've been assured he doesn't lean authoritarian.
After two years of bringing this up in multiple threads, all I needed was a stern reply from a Red Hat and a couple tweets for evidence to straighten me out. We need this, for the good of the country. It is absolutely not proto-fascist behavior at all. The FCC under any administration will not abuse this proposed EO at all. We are worried about nothing, everything will be fine.
1565672304537.jpeg

You can't make this up...

It's like everybody has punted on common sense.
Anne Frank's sister died in a concentration camp when she was 19, so that quote isn't true.

Right. A coup attempt is a seizure of power through sudden and often violent measures. It does not happen through Congress or the Court. What Conservatives have been whining about ad nauseum was an investigation - not a witch hunt, head hunt or a coup de etat.
Would have happened sooner but people still own guns.

So are corvettes, but I don’t want the .gov to have the ability to take property without compensation.
Corvettes are not illegal. So drug dealers should be compensated for the drugs seized by law enforcement by your logic?

VN Store

Back