Trump to sign national security funding bill, then declare State of Emergency

Not only was a once a kid but I have 3 of my own, the youngest is 15.
And to top it off, I have a career that brings me into contact with a bunch of kids and allows me to see first hand how these things play out.
It's possible my perspective may be even better than yours.

Kids don’t care about legality. Not the ones who are willing to smoke, drink, etc while underage. If anything the illegality of drugs gives it more of an appeal to many of them. To argue against that is to be blatantly dishonest

Reactions: hog88
I don't care what someone puts in their body, it's their body. It's my job as a parent to keep them from using/abusing dangerous drugs and to this point I believe I've succeeded in that. That being said, I don't one penny of my tax dollars for the medical care, narcan, ambulance, rescue personnel, or life saving efforts for these junkies. With personal freedom comes responsibility. If you play with fire and get burned don't look for society to bail you out. You die in the ditch as far as I'm concerned.

I don't care what someone puts in their body, it's their body. It's my job as a parent to keep them from using/abusing dangerous drugs and to this point I believe I've succeeded in that. That being said, I don't one penny of my tax dollars for the medical care, narcan, ambulance, rescue personnel, or life saving efforts for these junkies. With personal freedom comes responsibility. If you play with fire and get burned don't look for society to bail you out. You die in the ditch as far as I'm concerned.

I have no issue with that. Those who want narcan for junkies are welcome to fund it themselves

I have no issue with that. Those who want narcan for junkies are welcome to fund it themselves
If i had a kid that was an addict, i would do all i could to help them. I would have a narcan pen like parents of alergy sufferers have epi pens. That is my responsibility as a parent.

Reactions: AM64 and Vol8188
Kids don’t care about legality. Not the ones who are willing to smoke, drink, etc while underage. If anything the illegality of drugs gives it more of an appeal to many of them. To argue against that is to be blatantly dishonest
To make the claim you did is to be patently ignorant.....two can play that juvenile game.
Take a look at the vaping epidemic.

Reactions: AM64
But we're not going to do that as a society.

If i had a kid that was an addict, i would do all i could to help them. I would have a narcan pen like parents of alergy sufferers have epi pens. That is my responsibility as a parent.
It would be a swell world indeed if all kids had such responsible parents. But we don't live in that world.

Reactions: AM64
So YOU view antibiotics as needing regulation because otherwise it threatens society. Got it.
If someone views opiates as needing regulation because otherwise it threatens society, they are wrong or misguided?
You have to see that both you and the other person are basing your views on the same criteria. Which is perfectly okay and understandable.
Just acknowledge the fact.
It's not that you're some "it's all about personal responsibility" guy and they are some "let government control everything" person.
It's just a disagreement on where exactly to draw the necessary line.

Opioids do not threaten society, those that think so are wrong.

Pretty obvious they don’t since there is still rampant drug use and they have been highly regulated or illegal for decades.
Just imagine how much worse it would have been otherwise.
I'm all for legalizing marijuana by the way.

Just imagine how much worse it would have been otherwise.
I'm all for legalizing marijuana by the way.

I get it, you have no faith in mankind and think we must be controlled for our own good.

My contention is the number of people doing drugs wouldn’t increase much if any if they were legalized tomorrow.

I get it, you have no faith in mankind and think we must be controlled for our own good.

My contention is the number of people doing drugs wouldn’t increase much if any if they were legalized tomorrow.
I have far greater faith in mankind than do you. That's why I've always known where we will end up. Mankind progresses despite the frequent resistance from man.

I have far greater faith in mankind than do you. That's why I've always known where we will end up. Mankind progresses despite the frequent resistance from man.

It’s obvious that you don’t have faith in man, otherwise you wouldn’t support oppression of freedom and choice at every turn.

It’s obvious that you don’t have faith in man, otherwise you wouldn’t support oppression of freedom and choice at every turn.
I have faith in mankind but not as much in man.
You have faith in man but not as much in mankind.

That's the root of 90% or our differences.

Lol vaping epidemic?
www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/18/677755266/surgeon-general-warns-youth-vaping-is-now-an-epidemic
Vaping by U.S. teenagers has reached epidemic levels, threatening to hook a new generation of young people on nicotine.
That's according to an unusual advisory issued Tuesday by U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams about the the dangers of electronic cigarette use among U.S. teenagers.
"I am officially declaring e-cigarette use among youth an epidemic in the United States," Adams said at a news conference.

And it's not the nicotine that is the biggest issue, it's the other "unknown" chemicals being added to the liquids.

www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/teen-vaping-really-epidemic-these-experts-think-so-n909891

www.globaldrugsurvey.com/past-findings/gds2017-launch/vaping-drugs-tech-drugs-and-profit-the-perfect-storm-or-just-a-better-high/

What Drugs Can Be Smoked out of an Electronic Cigarette?

In our area there have been numerous students, as young as 11, rushed to the hospital after vaping "laced" liquids.

www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/18/677755266/surgeon-general-warns-youth-vaping-is-now-an-epidemic
Vaping by U.S. teenagers has reached epidemic levels, threatening to hook a new generation of young people on nicotine.
That's according to an unusual advisory issued Tuesday by U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams about the the dangers of electronic cigarette use among U.S. teenagers.
"I am officially declaring e-cigarette use among youth an epidemic in the United States," Adams said at a news conference.

And it's not the nicotine that is the biggest issue, it's the other "unknown" chemicals being added to the liquids.

www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/teen-vaping-really-epidemic-these-experts-think-so-n909891

www.globaldrugsurvey.com/past-findings/gds2017-launch/vaping-drugs-tech-drugs-and-profit-the-perfect-storm-or-just-a-better-high/

What Drugs Can Be Smoked out of an Electronic Cigarette?

In our area there have been numerous students, as young as 11, rushed to the hospital after vaping "laced" liquids.

Well shoot, underage vaping should be illegal. Oh wait........

VN Store

Back