Trump to sign national security funding bill, then declare State of Emergency

Why not? Surely they have proven to be immensely harmful. Surely we could save millions of lives by reducing lung/mouth cancer, liver disease, drunk driving accidents, etc.

At some point you have to start thinking for yourself about what makes sense, Luth, and not become a slave to established societal norms. We can't save everyone from themselves, and we have drawn this imaginary line in the sand with substances that are no more harmful than ones currently legal.
lol.......I get a kick out of you guys advising me to think for myself. Whenever that is part of a post, it discounts pretty much everything else said.
There will always be a line. Any person who thinks for themselves realizes that.

lol.......I get a kick out of you guys advising me to think for myself. Whenever that is part of a post, it discounts pretty much everything else said.
There will always be a line. Any person who thinks for themselves realizes that.

I am asking you to think for yourself because you have not presented any original thought on why alcohol and tobacco should be legal and not other drugs, since you think the line is based on harm to society. It should be easy to demonstrate why the illegal drugs would be so much more harmful than alcohol and tobacco.

I like you, Luth. You get a lot of these gumps riled up and I can appreciate that, but they've got you pegged on the society over self stuff. The thing is, you aren't even consistent about how you want to apply regulations in order to "help" society. It seems like you have just accepted the status quo, alcohol and tobacco and weed = ok, everything else = too harmful to allow. I'm just asking for a reasonable, evidence based argument that supports your belief there.

We know you think the way society tells you to. Specifically the ones that yell at the sky and wear genital hats.

Reactions: T-TownVol
As I understand it, the difference us that there are statutes that expressly forbid doing that. It is also debatable whether its constitutional.

So you can argue whether what Obama did, or others did by executive order, was wise or within the general spirit of separation of powers whereas what Trump is doing is clearly unlawful.

Unlawful? Since said declarations have never been tried in court, you can't say it's unlawful.

Boy, Trump is seriously a President of firsts.

Reactions: AM64
Why not? Surely they have proven to be immensely harmful. Surely we could save millions of lives by reducing lung/mouth cancer, liver disease, drunk driving accidents, etc.

At some point you have to start thinking for yourself about what makes sense, Luth, and not become a slave to established societal norms. We can't save everyone from themselves, and we have drawn this imaginary line in the sand with substances that are no more harmful than ones currently legal.
How many people are now heroin addicts because they got started on the highly addictive pain medications that doctors over-prescribed, and then the addicts found something different? Lots of people have had their lives ruined by something that was legally prescribed to them despite pharmaceuticals knowing how dangerous these things were/are.

Unlawful? Since said declarations have never been tried in court, you can't say it's unlawful.

Boy, Trump is seriously a President of firsts.
I hope he rolls up his sleeves and becomes the President of Fists. McCabe needs his medicine.

He won't listen to this... and likely has or is about to tell you what a fool you are.

How many people are now heroin addicts because they got started on the highly addictive pain medications that doctors over-prescribed, and then the addicts found something different? Lots of people have had their lives ruined by something that was legally prescribed to them despite pharmaceuticals knowing how dangerous these things were/are.

Their choice to put the drugs into their body. Nobody’s fault but the junkie.

Generally speaking, I’d agree. But right now we are seeing an epidemic of people addicted to drugs that probably never would have not got addicted in the first place had their doctors been more careful.

And that would be just fine if the rest of us didn't have to pay for it, but we always do. A real eye opener was reviewing TennCare hospitalizations and seeing things like indigent illegal aliens addicted to drugs in car wrecks for which their own medical care was well over $100K. We as citizens and taxpayers got to pay for those accidents (which even more directly directly involved others); the accident was likely caused directly by drugs and/or alcohol and poor choices, but we as taxpayers pay the bill.

Colleges too. Liberals learned long ago to infiltrate, brainwash, influence. Everything they do is with nefarious means.
Absolutely. I can think back to my time at UT, and my history, poli-sci, and philosophy courses had a massive liberal slant that at the time I was too young and impressionable to fully understand. Those professors had an agenda to indoctrinate.

And that would be just fine if the rest of us didn't have to pay for it, but we always do. A real eye opener was reviewing TennCare hospitalizations and seeing things like indigent illegal aliens addicted to drugs in car wrecks for which their own medical care was well over $100K. We as citizens and taxpayers got to pay for those accidents (which even more directly directly involved others); the accident was likely caused directly by drugs and/or alcohol and poor choices, but we as taxpayers pay the bill.

It’s worth it though for all the vegetables they pick.

Absolutely. I can think back to my time at UT, and my history, poli-sci, and philosophy courses had a massive liberal slant that at the time I was too young and impressionable to fully understand. Those professors had an agenda to indoctrinate.
I’ve written countless papers where I snickered and thought- I can’t believe I’m typing this.

They have though. They got into the secondary education big time and strongly influence the impressionable.

Yes, yes, yes. My sentiments exactly.

I always ask a lot of questions about any prescriptions and then choose myself whether to get them filled.

Most of them I’ve tossed in the trash. The only two I can remember getting filled since college was a round of antibiotics after an infection that wouldn’t go away and some oxy that I was happy to have while passing a kidney stone.

I always ask a lot of questions about any prescriptions and then choose myself whether to get them filled.

Most of them I’ve tossed in the trash. The only two I can remember getting filled since college was a round of antibiotics after an infection that wouldn’t go away and some oxy that I was happy to have while passing a kidney stone.
I was prescribed Gabapentin for nerve shocks down in my arm from neck disc degeneration. I filled the prescription, read all about it, and trashed it without opening the bag. I was prescribed hydrocodone or oxycodone or something years ago after having 4 wisdom teeth removed. I took one after developing a dry socket, got sicker than a dog with dry heaves, and trashed the rest of the pills.

Ann Coulter is flipping out right now and it’s glorious

Can't really argue too much with her on that. Now you have butt hurt Redhats calling her a Feminazi... I swear, these right wing snowflakes are giving the lefty millennials a run for their money. So childish.

I was prescribed Gabapentin for nerve shocks down in my arm from neck disc degeneration. I filled the prescription, read all about it, and trashed it without opening the bag. I was prescribed hydrocodone or oxycodone or something years ago after having 4 wisdom teeth removed. I took one after developing a dry socket, got sicker than a dog with dry heaves, and trashed the rest of the pills.

The oxycodone made me sick but I decided the sickness was better than the pain. Also stopped me up like concrete.

I could never figure out how one gets addicted to those pills, but I guess it does different things for different people.

Reactions: AM64 and 1972 Grad
The oxycodone made me sick but I decided the sickness was better than the pain. Also stopped me up like concrete.

I could never figure out how one gets addicted to those pills, but I guess it does different things for different people.
It made the room spin around on me. I broke out in a sweat, and starting throwing up until I was empty, and then dry heaved for good measure. Never, ever again. I don't care how bad the pain gets. I remarked afterward that it apparently doesn't affect everybody that way or they would never be addicted to it.

VN Store

Back