Trump's false claims about disaster response are beyond the pale

While lawgator sits in his cush office and starts yet another ridiculous thread, the focus should have been how us Tennessee citizens have each other's back in a time of need. If this hadn't have hit East TN like it did, I have no doubt we would be over in Asheville helping them all we could, no questions asked.

Adding this one to the list. Satellite internet has great uses during disasters like this.

The issue to me is a federal response might be bad twice or three times when it comes to an emergency like this.

1. People think that the federal government is coming to save you, they're not, seen it first hand. There are people stuck up in those mountain areas now, the federal government isn't going to help them at all.
2. By the time the federal government gets moving on say something like Katrina, a month or two down the line... its so much fraud waste and abuse that all you can do is shake your head. Again, seen it first hand. Katrina was basically a mini-Ukraine with the fraud going on... and it went on for years.
3. Furthermore, the person that has done their risk management i.e. insurance/protection/contingencies are many times receive the short end of the stick i.e. paying for the insurance and their neighbor that doesn't with their tax money.

🤷‍♂️

It's almost to the point where the government, state, local and federal needs to get out of the way and let the private sector take over.
Who is paying the private sector? The government? The government contracts the private sector to do what they are doing as we speak. So, what is your point? Who would be the Command and Control over the 5 affected states out of the private sector that has the equipment, manpower, and resources to complete the mission of recovery.

You suggestion sounds get on a chat room forum but in reality it would be a total disaster.

Who is paying the private sector? The government? The government contracts the private sector to do what they are doing as we speak. So, what is your point? Who would be the Command and Control over the 5 affected states out of the private sector that has the equipment, manpower, and resources to complete the mission of recovery.

You suggestion sounds get on a chat room forum but in reality it would be a total disaster.

I take it you have never been in a wide area where something like this has occurred. I assure you government isn't really helping anyone at this point, not really. The real help to save lives is needed immediately and usually isn't government.

I'm sure that $750 per person is really doing a lot of good. Based on those videos from actual people on the ground the government has been more of a hinderance than a help.

VN Store

Back