Trump's false claims about disaster response are beyond the pale

Keep beating that dead horse buddy. A couple thousand dip$hits stormed the Capitol a few years ago and life has never been the same ever since. Meanwhile, numerous conflicts worldwide have occurred with Joe and Kamala running the show, porous border security, cost of living through the roof, and the latest massive port strike that is the biggest in decades. But you know what, keep sweating those toothless goobers that almost took over the country.

Goodness you are a smart fella. How about thinking outside of the box for a second and not accept the status quo. Open your mind and look for a better way.
I would love to see a plan for reducing federal taxes and states adding them if it would eliminate the need for federal bureaucracy. The problem I see would be in states where there is currently no income tax. Getting the people in those states to buy off on such a massive reconstruction would be a real challenge

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I would love to see a plan for reducing federal taxes and states adding them if it would eliminate the need for federal bureaucracy. The problem I see would be in states where there is currently no income tax. Getting the people in those states to buy off on such a massive reconstruction would be a real challenge

Pop it in the sales tax rate. The closer people are to it, the less likely you see Brett Favre type waste....

Goodness you are a smart fella. How about thinking outside of the box for a second and not accept the status quo. Open your mind and look for a better way.
Not my job to look for a better solution as you can put that responsibility on Congress. Can't do away with FEMA or possible AC and NG support of which all are paid with Federal Funds. Reconstruction, assessments, rebuild are a small part of the process. FEMA use to have 14 departments to work on one Hurricane Relief may have expanded or cut, as I am not sure.

This one stretched over 5 states. President will declare this a Catastrophic event which use to mean that the Federal Govt foots 95% of the Bill and the State only 5% of the the total costs. It is what it is and unless something has changed it will be billed accordingly. Has been this way since 70s or mid 80s so changes have been made I am sure, but the splits are still the same.

I have one earthquake (World Series Earthquake in CA) and 3 Hurricanes under my belt.

Probably will not change. I would rather the money be spent here than abroad. We probably spend more money chasing problems around the World than we spend on our own country.

Yeah you will get a giant **** Off from almost everyone I know.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
How can a blanket statement about state's inability to pay the bills or have enough resources be accurate?

Would the State of Utah or Wyoming have a huge need to pay for natural disasters? Would they even need a lot of resources?
Wildland Fires is one that I can think of that falls into this category. Not sure about Utah but Wyoming had an experience. It is a broad category to take on but there are different levels of events of which use to be 60/40, 80/20 and 95/5 Fed to state %s. This was up till 2005 I do believe but the law may have changed regarding relief. Areas also include US VI and PR.

Cut federal taxes associated with this and have the states/locals fund it. You will get less waste, less bureaucracy, and more done.....
For hurricane Katrina the Federal Govt paid 51.8 billion dollars in relief alone. Do you think that a state can pay that bill on its own. Not saying there is zero fat in that but a state cannot absorb that bill alone. This was the initial payment and not the total.

For hurricane Katrina the Federal Govt paid 51.8 billion dollars in relief alone. Do you think that a state can pay that bill on its own. Not saying there is zero fat in that but a state cannot absorb that bill alone. This was the initial payment and not the total.

There was tens of billions spent that had little to nothing to do with recovery. There was tens of billions that was excessive waste....

What about the prior 35 years where the hurricane impact was relatively minimal in Louisiana....

It's just like self insuring. You build it up over years and when you have to use it, you use it.

Why do MLGW executives go to jail but Texas utility leaders stay free?
Since I don't live in either place I really couldn't care less. If you really need the tit for tat, go for it. My mom lived in Memphis until she passed away, and went for days sometimes weeks without power after a summer thunderstorm. I don't know how anyone that lives there can stand to put up with it. If I did, it would be my mission to get that monopoly broken up. All I know is that I will never step foot in Memphis again, God willing.

They would just increase the sales tax.

VN Store

Back