Trump's Taxes

The amount of energy you spend defending Trump is confounding. There is so much to criticize about these revelations and you're just sitting here defending the stuff that is defensible, like you're some big fanboy. Can you admit you love and support him, because IIRC, you didn't vote for him and will not express outright political support for him, but here we are, day 1,200 of his presidency with your 50,000th defense of him. I'll retract if I missed something where you pledged your allegiance to him.

Last edited:
how much are the properties securing his loans worth?

FYI the banks aren't going to be losing any money.

Hmmmm. Seems like before sometime in 2007 banks didn't seem to get the gist of property valuation vs loan value. You saying they got it figured out since then? It appears to be risky business assigning a value to something that has no fixed value - vagaries of the market kind of thing. We even had warnings from decades before about bubbles and risky valuation ... and we're still betting our retirements on the same kind of thing. Seems like nobody learns well about funky appraisals.

Reactions: Rifleman
Hmmmm. Seems like before sometime in 2007 banks didn't seem to get the gist of property valuation vs loan value. You saying they got it figured out since then? It appears to be risky business assigning a value to something that has no fixed value - vagaries of the market kind of thing. We even had warnings from decades before about bubbles and risky valuation ... and we're still betting our retirements on the same kind of thing. Seems like nobody learns well about funky appraisals.

I'm not sure they have figured it out, bankers like most businesses are operating on the basis of "you're only as good as your last quarter" so if they can close a $1/2 billion refinance on a billion dollar valued portfolio they will. They'll package it and sell the security.

Reactions: AM64
Why in the hell would I criticize him over these "revelations"? What did he do that is not defensible?

You show me where he did something illegal and I'll support any and all action taken against him. What happened to the Big L Libertarian you profess to be? Guess you are just are as big a fraud as you claim Trump to be.

Why do you think it has to be illegal for it to be worthy of critique? I would say the fact that he is manipulating a system that nobody should be cool with, while being in a position to try to fix it, and isn't trying to fix it at all is worthy of mockery, scorn, and derision.

You mistakenly attacked Amash the other day for not trying to fix something (which it turned out he did try to fix it) that he wasn't taking advantage of. Now we find out Trump isn't trying to fix something he is taking major advantage of, and you're not critical at all. You're defensive about it. Your inconsistencies tell more about you then you mean to reveal.

I don't understand the last question. I'm not a big L libertarian. I'm a little l libertarian. I don't understand why criticizing Trump in this case would put me at odds with libertarianism. I'm saying shame on him for being the swamp and not fixing it. What's not libertarian about that?

Why do you think it has to be illegal for it to be worthy of critique? I would say the fact that he is manipulating a system that nobody should be cool with, while being in a position to try to fix it, and isn't trying to fix it at all is worthy of mockery, scorn, and derision.

You mistakenly attacked Amash the other day for not trying to fix something (which it turned out he did try to fix it) that he wasn't taking advantage of. Now we find out Trump isn't trying fix something he is taking major advantage of, and you're not critical at all. You're defensive...

I don't understand the last question. I'm not a big L libertarian. I'm a little l libertarian. I don't understand why criticizing Trump in this case would put me at odds with libertarianism. I'm saying shame on him for being the swamp and not fixing it. What's not libertarian about that?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back