'22 TU Transfer WR Chris Brazzell (Tennessee)

If you believe that Milton performed as an above average QB, then your opinion of Squirrel would be accurate. I think Squirrel was limited by Milton's inconsistency and conservative play calling personally.

Milton was fine I guess. I think Heupel got as much out of him as possible. Squirrel is a good SEC WR but he’s not a great to elite level player. That doesn’t mean he should not start or can’t be a contributor. He’s just not a WR1 type guy that we need. We need a WR1 type dude if that’s Brazzell or Stewart I’m not sure. We just need a dude. Nico needs a dude.

Milton was fine I guess. I think Heupel got as much out of him as possible. Squirrel is a good SEC WR but he’s not a great to elite level player. That doesn’t mean he should not start or can’t be a contributor. He’s just not a WR1 type guy that we need. We need a WR1 type dude if that’s Brazzell or Stewart I’m not sure. We just need a dude. Nico needs a dude.

Stewart has never had as many receiving yards in a season as Squirrel.

Not saying Squirrel is better and I think Stewart only played in 8 games this year (although 12 wouldn’t guarantee him more yards), just a fun fact.

I agree that Squirrel isn't a WR1 type, but I think he's capable of being an elite slot WR. We've seen what that can look like in this offense.

If you believe that Milton performed as an above average QB, then your opinion of Squirrel would be accurate. I think Squirrel was limited by Milton's inconsistency and conservative play calling personally.
A little of that yes, but after Bru went down Squirrel was by far our most consistent WR and without a threat from the outside defenses keyed on him and he's not the best at getting separation.

If we are deadly on the outside again, then Squirrel will be practically unstoppable.

This is a much better pick up than Thornton. A 3 year guy who has produced. I will be very curious to see what happens out of the bowl game then out of spring practice for our WR room. Let’s face it Thornton isn’t going to beat out Nimrod or Webb but are both going to hang around until their 4th years in college to see significant PT and at that point one of them will be the odd man out.

This was one reason I wasn’t a big fan of bringing in Thornton. He was not a proven player and took away opportunities for some guys already on campus to develop and show what they could do. It was a set back for our room with no reward in production.

Lol
This is a much better pick up than Thornton. A 3 year guy who has produced. I will be very curious to see what happens out of the bowl game then out of spring practice for our WR room. Let’s face it Thornton isn’t going to beat out Nimrod or Webb but are both going to hang around until their 4th years in college to see significant PT and at that point one of them will be the odd man out.

This was one reason I wasn’t a big fan of bringing in Thornton. He was not a proven player and took away opportunities for some guys already on campus to develop and show what they could do. It was a set back for our room with no reward in production.
Lol
DT was injured all season and learning a new system
How we’re nimrod and Webb better then him
DT ceiling is way higher then either one of theirs…..

Thornton has shown flashes. Its my understanding that WR's are asked to do a lot in this offense, could explain some negative recruiting for HSers and why we hadnt, until 2024, landed those elite guys.

Thornton showed flashes when moved outside. Just checked, apparently he runs 24 mph. Interesting. Truly only seen him truly separate himself on seam or slant routes. With his size, and athleticism if he could learn to play like a former basketball player who's a football player, he would be NFL material.

IMG_5543.jpeg
To me, that's a basketball player playing football.

Give the dude another year of committed S&C in Div 1 program. Let him learn how to fight off M2M, and use that posterior over the middle.

How many times have players in this system taken a year to blossom?

VN Store

Back