'22 TU Transfer WR Chris Brazzell (Tennessee)

Stewart has never had as many receiving yards in a season as Squirrel.

Not saying Squirrel is better and I think Stewart only played in 8 games this year (although 12 wouldn’t guarantee him more yards), just a fun fact.

Stewart has a higher avg per reception, and 4 TDs to White’s 2 in less games. He seems to have a lot of potential. Could be a good fit here.

Reactions: VolNash17
Lack of development by WR coach imo..😏😏
no i just think we lost two really good players to the draft, and a really good qb. our oc departed. that said we did NOT take advantage of that run game. wrs rarely if ever got separation versus good competition. when bru went down, we had no answer. up to then, was extremely limited screen game city. When we did scheme it up, was dropsies city.

To me was a talent issue. But also a qb issue.

very excited for thr future.

Lol I felt like it wasn’t the smartest decision when they brought him in because it would take away opportunities for Webb/Nimrod/Leacock to grow for a guy that wasn’t productive and got passed up by younger guys at Oregon.

They took a risk and it has hurt for only 224 yds and 1 TD of production.
It never hurts a program to add potential talent and production to their roster. Your troika had every opportunity to surpass him in practice and fell short. And after he was eliminated as a hindrance, what did they do with it? I think he received too much resentment for the drops adjusting to an ill-fitting role (slot) and a different type of QB from Bo Nix. I know…excuses excuses, but a player’s legacy is defined by the entire book and along with Hyatt, Ramal Keyton never met a pass he wasn’t capable of dropping…beginning of career to the very end. But HIS legacy is the amazing Sportscenter Top 10 catch that helped end a drought against Florida. If he were to leave via portal, we would move on. If he stays, maybe you should in lieu of having no say in the matter.

Last edited:
Joe, Keyton looking terrible, Bru injury, Thornton didn’t figure it out until moved outside. Our best WR weighed 165lbs and I love Squirrel but he can’t be your no. 1 guy. Still haven’t used the TEs enough in the pass game in 3 yrs and hopefully that changes with the athleticism of Davis and Staes. I could keep going but it was a combo of alot of things. I like Joe, it’s not personal but man it’s gonna be tough for any pass game to take off with that guy behind center. And the WR room was just super average bc of all the circumstances I mentioned first. That said, it’s loaded now and you have two TEs that should help down the field for once.

I don’t disagree with the taking more than a year to blossom in this system notion but as a transfer you don’t have time and have to produce. He flat up didn’t produce vs. other transfers first years in the system:

Velus Jones - 62 catches 802 yds
Bru McCoy - 52 catches 662 yds
Donte Thornton - 13 catches 224 yds

He has all of the talent in the world but it just hasn’t translated to production on the field. Fun fact Thornton has 39 catches for 765 yds in his career. Squirrel White had 64 catches for 764 yds last season. He’s just not that good fellas.
Wasnt he hurt and missed most or all of Spring Practice?

Clemson will never win squat again if they aren't willing to embrace NIL and the portal. Just the way CFB is now.
Agreed…I4Jay hit on it well in another thread…this is how it is now…it seems extraordinary/appauling/unsustainable to some but those are exactly the programs that will fall off because of it…

History is full of examples of people that held firm to “old way” with all of their might while the future became the present…I can’t help but feel that’s exactly what closed minded jack offs like Swinney are doing…he’s never struck me at all as a forward thinking type of person

Reactions: Glitch
Clemson has been one of the 3 dirtiest programs in America during the Dabo era. They’ve been buying players for years. They’re not opposed to paying players, they’re opposed to the fact that everyone else can now that it’s legal.
Howard
Pell
Ford
Dabo

What do they all have in common? They all went to the University of Alabama where you major in paying players. Only one has not been caught yet.

VN Store

Back