'22 TU Transfer WR Chris Brazzell (Tennessee)

B_lumpy01.JPG
You're showing your age!

Edit: errr....maybe I am too.

Reactions: Jimmy Football
When coaches do this, it tells me they have no longer term plan with the school they’re at. They simply want a quick successful season to up their stock and move on to bigger spots.
Yep. Said that about Kiffin in another thread. The way he’s investing so much in the portal makes me think he wants a big year so he can head to Gainesville in 2025.

When coaches do this, it tells me they have no longer term plan with the school they’re at. They simply want a quick successful season to up their stock and move on to bigger spots.
I read last night in the ladder thread that if you have a long term plan, you have no plan.

Not sayin'; just sayin'. lol

Reactions: Glitch
I hope Brazzell doesn’t buy into the hype machine. He can clearly see, if he wants to look, all the guys jumping ship on national signing day. Would be idiotic to choose them over us, but that’s just a simple man’s opinion lol.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and DD4ME
Or they’re ahead of the curve and have adapted to an environment where one year later and almost half of a teams’ #1 ranked recruiting class has hit the portal.

It’s all about perspective.

Or they’re ahead of the curve and have adapted to an environment where one year later and almost half of a teams’ #1 ranked recruiting class has hit the portal.

It’s all about perspective.
Name a program where they’ve put a majority of their focus on the portal and then had long term success?

Name a program where they’ve put a majority of their focus on the portal and then had long term success?
Again, change your perspective. The biggest obstacle to success is not adapting. This ain’t 1995. And you’re talking as if this thing has been around for decades. Usually the first one to do anything is ridiculed until it becomes the norm. Instead of saying this has never been done, think, damn maybe there is a new way this can be done.
The game is different. Not just slightly different, it’s completely different.
Top 3 recruiting classes in the last 3 years have lost more than a 25% of their 4 and 5 stars to the portal.
Thats not a blip, it’s a trend.
What quicker way to turn things around then to snag some guys who have experience at the level you’re trying to reach?

Again, change your perspective. The biggest obstacle to success is not adapting. This ain’t 1995. And you’re talking as if this thing has been around for decades. Usually the first one to do anything is ridiculed until it becomes the norm. Instead of saying this has never been done, think, damn maybe there is a new way this can be done.
Top 3 recruiting classes in the last 3 years have lost more than a 25% of their 4 and 5 stars to the portal.
What quicker way to turn things around then to snag some guys who have experience at the level you’re trying to reach?
2023 transfer portal rankings
Michigan 17
Washington 46
Texas 48
Bama 53.

The best rosters are built from high school recruiting. Using the transfer portal to address needs and get a few impact players is important.

Different, yes. And the portal will play a role, yes. I doubt that championship caliber teams will be built off of one year rentals though. Two or three year guys, perhaps, but it takes time build chemistry and practice time is limited in CFB.

Different, yes. And the portal will play a role, yes. I doubt that championship caliber teams will be built off of one year rentals though. Two or three year guys, perhaps, but it takes time build chemistry and practice time is limited in CFB.
Agree. The NFL is a full time job and even its time spent has limits. CFB still has getting an education attached, so practice time will remain limited. That increases the time it takes for players to develop and click in their roles within the schemes.

VN Store

Back