Turns out, slavery is good ... for the slaves

Pretty much what the inner city black leadership has been telling black voters for years! economic slavery, chattels of crime and welfare

AND THEY KEEP ELECTING THE SAME OVERLORDS YEAR AFTER YEAR!

I seriously wonder what would happen if the top 10 largest cities in America would simply be governed by conservatives for 8 years. Not just the mayor but with a city council who has veto proof votes. Basically, what the dems have had for more than 40-50 years in most cases.
NYC in the 90’s under Rudy is a good example of how a shift in crime and city cleanup happens under conservative leadership. Clean up crime and the city and the money flows to boost the economy.

Reactions: AM64 and Gandalf
Another hit-piece from the democratic media.

DeSantis commissioned a group of scholars, all Black scholars, to revise the Black history curriculum. Part of that was emphasizing how former slaves succeeded and overcame the obstacles they faced. Many of them utilized the skills they learned as a slave to do so. It's about focusing on how Blacks can succeed and positive stories instead of crap like the 1619 Project that just makes crap up and tells Black kids they are perpetual victims who can never succeed and all White people are evil.

There is nothing in the messaging that slavery was "good" at all, it's about how Blacks overcame. DeSantis doesn't back down. He sticks to the truth and what is right. He also can make that argument in a coherent manner and has very smart people to back him up.
DeSantis has been distancing himself from it ...

I love the way anytime there is a school shooting or anything negative and it doesn't matter if the person offending in Hispanic Jewish, Muslim etc and lefts refer to them as white ..but talk about selling slaves 100s of years ago and we gotta talk about tribes and the differences...

You expounded on the value of knowing how to run a gin. May be wrong, but doubt you have ever even been in one.

The line of thought from the left on the Florida topic is that people were enslaved so they could be taught job skills. If I thought that the case, I am in agreement that is an abhorrent practice.

But looking at the topic, it seems as a result of being enslaved, a practice we all abhor, there were skills learned that benefitted the previously enslaved economically in their new-found freedom. They were not enslaved to teach them necessary job skills when they would be freed. They were enslaved because there was an economic benefit to slave owners and part of that economic benefit was learning certain skills.

There is literally no one I have read or heard on the topic advocating enslavement to teach job skills or defending such a practice if it were In effect.

There’s nothing wrong with this curriculum at all. You can both acknowledge the evils of slavery and recognize the black Americans who came out successful on the other side due to learned trades.

The same way we can teach about the evils of segregation while acknowledging the harm done by ending segregation

Yikes

Reactions: NashVol11
You expounded on the value of knowing how to run a gin. May be wrong, but doubt you have ever even been in one.

The line of thought from the left on the Florida topic is that people were enslaved so they could be taught job skills. If I thought that the case, I am in agreement that is an abhorrent practice.

But looking at the topic, it seems as a result of being enslaved, a practice we all abhor, there were skills learned that benefitted the previously enslaved economically in their new-found freedom. They were not enslaved to teach them necessary job skills when they would be freed. They were enslaved because there was an economic benefit to slave owners and part of that economic benefit was learning certain skills.

There is literally no one I have read or heard on the topic advocating enslavement to teach job skills or defending such a practice if it were In effect.

Been in one???

He's never seen one.

So you get inside that?

1920px-17_09_024_jarrell.jpg

So you get inside that?

1920px-17_09_024_jarrell.jpg
I don’t. There have been a few who did. The experience was not conducive to continued life function.

You do not seem to know much about them either or would have understood I meant the gin plant, a building containing the equipment required to facilitate the ginning of cotton. Hope that has alleviated any confusion.

Reactions: AM64

I'm saying that the value of operating a cotton gin, would not be worth the price of one's freedom and the abuses which accompanied that .... which for female slaves often meant being raped.

The value of job skills learned is so disproportionate to the abuses being endured, that they don't merit mention. It also implies that former slaves could not have acquired those skills on their own after being freed. Its an offensive premise.

I don’t. There have been a few who did. The experience was not conducive to continued life function.

You do not seem to know much about them either or would have understood I meant the gin plant, a building containing the equipment required to facilitate the ginning of cotton. Hope that has alleviated any confusion.

So the plant has the same name as the machine. Got it.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
So the plant has the same name as the machine. Got it.
Well, not exactly. The proper term now for the actual ginning machine is “gin stand.”

For example, to say “that gin is a three less one” would mean it is a ginning facility with a layout for three gin stands, but currently has only two.

I‘m here all week for those wanting to learn more about the raw cotton processing industry.

Reactions: AM64 and EasternVol
I'm saying that the value of operating a cotton gin, would not be worth the price of one's freedom and the abuses which accompanied that .... which for female slaves often meant being raped.

The value of job skills learned is so disproportionate to the abuses being endured, that they don't merit mention. It also implies that former slaves could not have acquired those skills on their own after being freed. Its an offensive premise.
Agreed. And no one other than the Laughing Hyena VP and her followers have made this claim.

Reactions: Vol since 77

I don’t understand the problem. You don’t think we should highlight successful black Americans during the era of slavery? I think the obvious answer is yes. The example I gave earlier was the first black captain of the US Navy, Robert Smalls. There’s other stories, as well, but I think it’s a great idea to show kids that even in the worst of circumstances people can overcome.

Reactions: AM64
Based just on @C-south ‘s post, how did you arrive at this conclusion?

EDIT: saw some other posts and yes, there seems to be a lack of understanding about tribal affiliation in Africa.

I understand the tribal affiliation just fine but they are still black people in the same part of Africa. Tribal affiliation has nothing to with the fact that black people sold black people. But…..since tribal affiliation seems to be some relevant issue maybe they’re saying it’s an innate quality since it still happens today and has carried over here.

VN Store

Back